Black People : Shift Happens

This was quite amazing!...and in a sense scary also. For one thing it has taken the "simplicity" out of life or living. There is a move from the natural to the artificial. If I am correct in my breakdown of the information presented, then we could very well see the movie "TERMINATOR" become an actual reality in the not too far future. Legend has it that Atlantis was actually destroyed by their own technology. Maybe that too was a future premonition. When will we be destroyed? Everyone wants the answer to this riddle. I now have the answer. We will be destroyed when we in our arrogance think that we have reached a level that supersedes nature itself !!!!

As I have always said, we are in the Digital Age, and the babies being born today belong to what I call the Macromedia-ized Generation. You do not seek help from people around you; you ask Google for help. You don't go out to dinnerwith someone; you pretend to dine through Facebook and MySpace messages. You don't read a textbook; you read an eBook.

I am afraid sooner than we think, the number one cause of death will be due to excessive indulgence of and in Technological devices (phones, TV, radios, PCs, ipods, you name it).

This is why I can only see a return to natural ways as the best solution. I have often said and thought that if you were to wake up one morning and see all of the synthetic devices and technological equipment around us removed from the planet, we would have trouble recognizing anything. Further, some of us would would think we can not live anymore - is that how far removed we are from nature???

All I gotta say is...Do not be another digi-slave of the 21st Century!

KWABENA

Yes, the clip is an eye opener indeed when laid out so clearly. I do hope others watch it.

kwabena - while I agree with some of your sentiments expressed, we are way past mere digital, we're into artificial intelligence big time. I am more certain that a voluntary return to the 'natural ways' is suicide at best, particularily as an African in the diaspora where no ways are natural - even more so for the African American who is even father removed from such 'natural resources' and the control thereof than the most unnatural being (the white guy) :lol:

I completely agree that our roots and knowlegde should be preserved, taught, lived and understood - but these are things we do along the way, our focus must remain on what is emerging in order to not only survive and maintain, but even prosper in this dominating world of A.I.

We will be left behind, and our children will be slaves to it, if we hang onto oldschool ideas without absorbing/understanding and working the new. Where are the children whose parents didnt buy into modern/mass education? into electricity? into modern medicine? into radio/TV? raise a child today in the USA without a PC and he starts his life jouney at a distinct disadvantage from the get-go.

I have heard many parents say they limit their kids PC time as it's digital entertainment - when perhaps they should be more focussed on making their childrens online time more productive, learning/communicating on the digital highway, the way of the today and tomorrow. How it works, whats available out there, who is out there, and how they can work it as an enhacing tool, not only a mind numbing toy.

What was natural for our parents, is different from our natural - and the time frame of this new age is so short, it is sweeping us up and our children.. and is certainly the most natural to them.

as an aside - you know I've moved recently to the states and I see a large amount of adverts for further study - for professions which are already obsolete in many parts of europe due to technology. That too, is relevant to this topic, as their target audience (us) will be hit hardest ;)

:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back