Black Poetry : She's Out There...

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by coey30, Dec 5, 2014.

1. coey30

coey30 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Aug 26, 2008
    It’s scary to find someone that makes you happy. You start giving them all of your attention because they’re what makes you forget everything bad that’s going on in your life. They’re the first person you want to talk to in the morning and the last one before you sleep just so you can start and end your day with a smile. It’s all sound great to have that someone, but it’s scary to think about how easily they could just leave and take that happiness away too when they go.

So I wait for someone who keeps me sane but drives me crazy in all the right ways
    And I lay up under her for days
    Playing that silly game of how I could count the ways
    While watching the ticking of the clock and pray that she says
    And with her, smiling was something that came easy
    Asking what I wanted for dinner was her way of pleasing me
    She is seductive by just the nature of her walk would surely tease me
    She sees me
    Sees me for the man I’m fighting to be
    Cause the old me went to war and ended up a casualty
    The new and improved me came this way honestly
    And there will be days when I just want her to lay on my chest and listen to my heartbeat
    As it beats for her in a rhythm that’s designed for her and it’s unique
    And she’ll have that smile that makes me feel nothing can go wrong
    Where you find yourself singing all your favorite love songs
    So when I greet her I’ll only give her the truth
    I’ll tell her how sexy her smile is even with the chipped tooth
    And that she claims she’s out of shape when the shapes she’s in is the perfect shape for me
    And that my love won’t cost her a thing, cause its only for her and it’s free

What a Rush it’d be to kiss you. A full embrace of unspoken lust between us two. Just like learning another language. At first our lips would struggle to form new shapes. But they’d quickly pick up the patterns and become mutually fluent. The soft pressure of our lips together would be like saying I love you for the first time over and over again. See everyone deserves someone who makes them look forward to tomorrow.