Black Relationships : SHERRY SHEPHERD v CUSTODY

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Kemetstry, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Sherry Shepherd entered into a contractual agreement to have a surrogate have a child for her. She is currently fighting maternity in court. Is this right? Should she be forced to pay child support?

2. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    Not in my opinion, the other woman violated the contract and should not be paid for it, and also be punished for it

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Here is more information on this for those that are not privy to it:

Sherri Shepherd's Surrogate: Sherri Acts Like the Baby is Non-Existent

According to Jessica, after being matched up with the celebrity couple through an agency, she claims to have signed a 23-page contract with Lamar and Sherri on Sept. 12, 2013, but she says she didn't first meet Sherri until the embryo was transferred into her uterus in November 2013. An egg donor (said to be "African-American, tall and athletic") was reportedly used.

Jessica tells the news source that during her pregnancy Sherri only called her two or three times to see how she was doing and what she was eating. Sherri did, however, show up for an important ultrasound 20 weeks into the pregnancy, according to Jessica.

NEWS: Inside Sherri Shepherd's Bitter Custody Battle

It was soon after the ultrasound that Jessica says Sherri wanted nothing to do with the baby. Lamar reportedly informed Jessica that the couple was splitting up. Indeed, the couple filed for legal separation in May 2014 and noted that a baby born via surrogacy with an expectant due day of July.

Because there was no other mother present at the birth, Jessica's name was put on the birth certificate.

"I do get medical bills for [the baby]," Jessica says. "I am now listed as a non-custodial parent in California. I have a child support case coming against me."

Read more (video inside)...
    http://www.etonline.com/news/158940...ate_sherri_acts_like_the_baby_is_non_existent

Lamar Sally Says Court Battle with Sherri Shepherd over Surrogacy Is 'Heartbreaking'

Sherri Shepherd will have to wait a little longer to see if a judge declares her to be the mother of a baby boy born to a surrogate last August.

On Wednesday, a Pennsylvania judge continued the hearing to determine who should be the mother of the child – Shepherd, the surrogate or the egg donor – until April 21. While court proceedings were closed, PEOPLE has learned Shepherd has yet to testify. Despite that, the former View host's second husband Lamar Sally claims his ex-wife does not want to be a parent to the now 7-month-old child they agreed to have via surrogate before their 2014 split.

Read more...
    http://www.people.com/article/sherri-shepherd-surrogacy-court-battle-lamar-sally-custody

Sherri Shepherd Thanks Friends Amid Legal Battle Over Baby Born to Surrogate Hired by Her and Estranged Husband

Mar. 13, 2015

Sherri Shepherd
    took to Twitter recently to thank several friends for their support, soon after she attended a court hearing over a legal case involving a baby born to a surrogate mother she and her husband had hired before their split last year.

[​IMG]

The child, a boy named Lamar Sally Jr., was born in August was put in Sally's custody. He says Shepherd, 47, wants no parental responsibility for the child. She has not commented. He filed for divorce in May 2014 and had requested that she have visitation rights. He also wants Shepherd's name to be put on the baby's birth certificate. It currently lists the surrogate, Jessica Bartholomew, as the mother and this has led to some legal issues for her as well.

The three attended a court hearing on Wednesday. Lamar told Inside Edition that Shepherd refused to make eye contact with him or their surrogate. Shepherd has not commented publicly about the hearing.

Read more...
    http://www.eonline.com/news/635437/...-surrogate-hired-by-her-and-estranged-husband

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Sherri Shepherd Interview at The Breakfast Club Power 105.1 (12/19/2014)

5. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    This shades it completely different

6. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

How did the other woman violate? Basically, Shepherd tried to get out of the deal half way thru, when her marriage failed.

7. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    She should be held responsible. How you gone sign some paperwork, knowing you and the husband are hitting a rough patch? If she hadn't signed the paperwork, I would be like oh well. If I was the surrogate, I would be suing the ish out of her.

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

The ex took her to court

9. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Of course he did. I'm talking about the mother...I would sue the hell out of Sherri.

10. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    "And I'm speaking as a girl who had a laaaht of abortions"

Other notable quotes
    • "Before I converted to Christianity, I was a Jehovah's Witness."
    • "I was sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count."
    • "Oh sometimes I say, 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Myers would be so good at this table. They could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved. I ask the Lord, 'Why am I here?' I have to trust God when He says, 'Because I said so."

• "I don't think anything predated Christians"
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2007/12/just_in_time_for_chanukkah_she.html

Not sure if she will teach her son if the Earth is round or flat... never really thought about it.

• "Baby, we gotta go to the library"