Black Spirituality Religion : She will whisper her name

With their nsa fufuom in hand, the Queens Malaika, Thalia, Zuri and Akua have gone ahead of me already to the benches under the canopy. After I pay for the drinks, I'm just a few moments behind them.

Initially, I wanted to have as one topic of discussion the deal earlier about telling me the secret ancient narrative. I probably wouldn't have mentioned anything too much concerning Asyoruca and Terrill's situation because I don't wanna get us all worried over a scenario which may not even be a big deal.

This is where Thalia, one of the triplets, deserves special mention.

Usually, when there is reason to worry, Thalia is usually the first among us to feel it. She has this special gift to know when trouble is brewing. But since she didn't state or suggest at Aburi Gardens that there was any reason to worry, at least for the moment, I'm not gone trip.

So, as I'm walking to the benches, I have a panoramic view of them all and I begin to, again--as I so often do--appreciate the glamour that is Black Woman. Here I am, an unmarried man (at the time), not writing any books on Black Women yet and I find myself walking the streets of Afrika about to sip wine with four beautiful women of Afrikan descent. Call it haughty if you want I don't care, but, I'm saying to myself that I must of done something right in the other world because I'mma lucky--no, pardon, I'mma blessed mo fo to be sharing space and time with women from the heavens.

Let me tell you how I met the triplets who I actually address as the Graces. I'll tell you about that later too.

Asyoruca had already come to Ghana several years before under the repatriation theme we hear so much about in the states. She and I met as we both were taking some community college courses years ago. She was here in St. Louis for a minute living with her grandmother.

Don't wanna bore you with too many details so as we fast forward a bit, when I arrived in Ghana for the first time, she was suppose to meet me at the airport with Sekoura but she got caught up in something else so she sent the three Graces--- Malaika, Zuri and Thalia to host me with Sekoura.

After I get my bags and stuff, declare what I have to the airport authorites, have my passport stamped I now come out of the doors to...Afrika! As the automatic double doors open slowly, you see about 75 or a hundred Ghanaians on the left side and your right side with varying facial expressions. All eyes on you. Some happy, some puzzled, some curious.

When you're coming out the double doors, you feel electrified like you're coming down red carpet. The only thing missing are the flashing cameras.

The hospitality shown by the people of Ghana is amazingly breathtaking and heartfelt.

There's this long line of people of various ages looking at you, awed, speaking in languages you never probably heard before but it feels pleasant, welcoming...comforting. You know, you don't have to always understand a verbal language when the energy that one exudes can be just as understandable and communicated.

Some of them wanting to touch you, others looking at you in an odd way, others saying hello to you but the overall feeling is 'welcome home.' I don't tell everybody this, but I was so emotionally moved by how the Ghanaians caused me to feel, that I was getting teary eyed. It took everything I had to hold tears back and just break out crying falling to the ground prostrate in reverence to them all both Sisters and Brothas saying I'm not worthy. Imagine how your Motha felt when you were born and she held you in her arms for the first time and how happy she was. Well, this is a similar situation. I know this sounds mushy and some of you macho Brothas may call this weak, but the energy that expressed to me that day was genuine and too powerful to resist. I was stumbling, shaking as it, the love shown, was just too powerful that it transcends anything that I can describe.

This red carpet like scenario is enhanced by what happens next.

Visualize this sidewalk extending about 24 feet...maybe 30 or so. As I stated, you have about 75 or 100 people divided on both sides. They are cordoned off with a velvet rope. At the end of the walk there's one cab. A Brotha, who I will later know to be Sekoura, walks around to the right side back-passenger and opens the door and out exits in this graceful order: Zuri, Thalia and then Malaika.

Imagine that slow motion-movie like exit with grace, elegance and beauty. Yes, it's real. It happens.

My first thoughts when I see them is, "Damm, I'm never going back to the states."

When I say triplets, I mean this. I bet you $3,000 U.S. dollars that it would take you maybe 5 years (at a minimum) to tell them apart. Blue-black, 5 feet 9 inches tall.

Bodies off the chart... can't say slender...can't say big boned, but tailored for them as the long, green colored sundresses they're wearing.

Their hair is worn as short fros, maybe about an inch high.

They are not wearing shoes and I assume this is where Asyoruca got her ideas about wearing no shoes from. But they are wearing these soleless straps thingies which resemble the same thing in a carving at Medina Habu Temple in Kemet. This carving is located in the very back of the Temple to the right hand side of the wall.

They would later teach me how to make these soleless shoes which I now call Kemetic sandals.

All three of them wearing the same greenish-like pearl necklaces with matching wrist and ankle bracelets.

Again, no exaggeration, complete look-alikes to the last detail.

So after I finally peel my eyes away from the lovely women, with my two sports bags and one suitcase, I'm looking for Asyoruca in the crowds or in one of the other cabs parked around the airport area's parking lot.

My flight was on time so I see no reason why Asyoruca is not here.

Then, as I am about to make a left going towards the area where the majority of the cabs are parked, the three Queens say my name, softly, in unison.

At this time you know I'm like, "I'm hearing things...da hizzle...I just know them Queens didn't just say my name." Didn't think twice and kept walking looking for Asyoruca.

But there it is again. I hear my name being softly spoken.

Not wanting to be embarrassed if I was trippin, and thinking my ego is getting the best of me, I slowly turn around like I'm looking for someone. And here they are turned in my direction, smiling looking like 'where you going?.'

"Yes, that's him" laughs Sekoura.

Sekoura was laughing at my reaction to how shock I am that these divine beings are calling my name.

Sekoura stays at his cab while Malaika, Thalia and Zuri walk toward me.

I'm in shock with an added mental turmoil wrapped with this goofy, little boy grin on my face. I'm speechless.

Thalia steps out first as she opens her arms.

"Welcome home Nana...my name is Thalia. Asyoruca couldn't make it. We will meet her later if this is Ok with you."

Her gentle hug is comforting as it says to me, "Don't feel embarrassed at how you feel...it's a natural reaction when you meet heavenly beings."

I'm shocked. Can't move, but got enough focus to barely bob my head in agreement with this very silly grin. Caught way off guard, my swagga has been derailed by their pronounced elegance.

I never saw'em coming.

At the start of the introductions of her sisters, Thalia has this look on her face knowing, with extreme confidence, that she and her sisters embody the type of women who resurrect the pleasures of men's minds as they know (not think) they are representative of the stuff dreams are made of.

She then points in her right direction, and with her right hand kinda points with her wrist gesturing/moving in a C formation introducing Malaika.

"This is my sister. You may call her Malaika."

Malaika steps up to hug me while she says softly, "Welcome home Nana."

I would later find out that 'Nana' means King or Royalty.

Still with my goofy grin and my new found nervous-like condition, I'm just going with the flow.

I'm still speechless.

Then Thalia turns to her left and does the same introduction wrist C turn gesture.

"This is my other sister...you may call her Zuri."

In the exact manner as Malaika, as she hugs me Zuri softly says, "Welcome home Nana."

Gosh, I'm giddy right now! No wait, I'm stunned! Or maybe I'm deeply amazed!!! Such a wonderful story with so much to it, I don't know what to call my feelings. I smile at your humor and am deeply touched by how much emotion you present in this. Beautiful.

Oh and I find it adorable that you had a "goofy, little boy grin on [your] face". :p lol

Gosh, I'm giddy right now! No wait, I'm stunned! Or maybe I'm deeply amazed!!! Such a wonderful story with so much to it, I don't know what to call my feelings. I smile at your humor and am deeply touched by how much emotion you present in this. Beautiful.

Oh and I find it adorable that you had a "goofy, little boy grin on [your] face". :p lol

:p

I don't want you to get it twisted now. My fascination with the Graces, here in Ghana, is similar to Black Women in the states. It is my contention that Black Women are exceptionally captivating no matter where you go on the planet earth. I never did and never will subscribe to the baseless impression held by some that Black American women are somehow substandard to other Black Women not born in the West. To me, that's sophomoric--not to mention that many of those opinions come from a hand full of males who never traveled 250 miles from their American homes.

Having said that, I would be less than honest if I said to you there are no distinctions.

But these distinctions are innocent and culturally based and, in many cases, reversible.

For example, one may tend to agree with me if I said that it's observable that a number of Black American women, let's say, 'struggle' between what they feel and what they see regarding who they are. This conflict is given shape by many factors. One of those factors is how major mediums in the West basically tries to convince (however subtle) Black Women that they are no one special. This may be strengthened by those around her who doesn't speak her greatness either. She is never glorified and therefore her personality is molded around that dynamic. Put another way, if you're living in a society where you're not seeing the evidence of your preeminence, then chances are you wont feel that way.

That is not a criticism. Like I stated moments before, it's an existing cultural dynamic; you will behave according to the elements you are surrounded by. It's simple conditioning and human behavior.

The preeminence of Black Women in the West, therefore, is repressed. How? Because she is led to believe that confidence is arrogance. That wanting to look so good you're off the charts is immoral... that loving your physique is somehow unholy...and wanting to walk with your head high in power, might and greatness is not lady-like or not "humble."

With the women of Afrika in general and Ghana in particular, such a style of thinking is nearly non-existent.

Which takes you and me back to the Graces. When I see these women, my mind is taken to heights unimaginable as my soul awakens.

So here I am, in Afrika, just moments away with sharing a taxi with 3 of the world's celestial women. Man, I hope this drive lasts for hours. Maybe I will luck up even more and we'll get a flat tire or run out of gas and the nearest station would be for miles and, because, it's night, they wont have 24 hour gas stations. If it sounds like I'm a bit unhinged or I'm freaking out, it's because I am. But it's the good side of freakin out...with excitement and anticipation and the expectation of wonders with these Black Women.

I need some alone time with these chocolatey, angelic beings.

As Sekoura is opening his taxi rear door to let the Graces back in his ride, I notice they enter, with elegance, in the same (reverse) order as they exited. When Malaika gets seated I attempt to get in next to her.

"No Brotha," softly exclaims Sekoura, blocking me with his pithon-like muscular right arm, "You will ride up front with me."

He shuts the back car door to his orange-like cab and Malaiaka, Zuri and Thalia start giggling and whispering to one another in Twi.

Shortly after, I am reminded as to just how disoriented I really am and my nervousness is animated. As Zuri and Thalia giggle with each other, Malaika speaks something in Twi to Sekoura as I'm getting in the front passenger seat closing the door. Sekoura looks in his rear view mirror and they all start laughing at me. Not in a malicious way but in a manner that says, 'awww...he's smitten.'

Sarcastically, asks Sekoura to me: "Brotha, have you forgotten something?"

"No," I reply ready to go.

"Your bags Na Na," says Malaika to me softly, smiling and staring in my eyes.

"Oh...right,...heh, heh, heh..." I say to them with that embarrassing grin again. If I were a fair-skinned Brotha, I would be straight red blushed.

Selfishly, I look at Sekoura with eyes saying "I'm a guest, go grab them for me homey." But he looks right back at me with his own optical message:

"I guess you don't want your bags then huh?"

I got the message, even if unspoken.

But let me say this. I wasn't asking Sekoura to get my bags like he was my chauffeur or anything. No, that wasn't it at all. I am trying to connect with these visions for a moment with him in a different space.

"Don't worry Brotha," Sekoura says to me in an assurance, "they'll be here when you return...promise."

'Well...ok...'I'm saying to myself with a bit of reluctance to get out. In fact, I don't immediately exit his ride to get my bags.

"Do I really need those bags?" I quickly ask myself...... yea, I suppose I do, I put my passport back in one of'em.

Poorly equipped to handle this situation and with extreme reluctance, I get out of his ride headed for my bags, which are only a few feet away. But each step seems like a mile. And with each step I take to retrieve the bags, is another step away from the Graces so I'm literally looking back to be sure that cab doesn't leave because --trust and believe-- I am prepared to drop these bags (passport, money and all) and chase that cab all over Ghana if I must.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back