Black Spirituality Religion : She will whisper her name

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Perfection, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    When I was in Ghana about ten years ago, me and some family members and some friends were walking through Aburi Gardens located in the Southern region of Ghana. In total it was seven of us. Five Queens, myself and another Brotha.

Aburi Gardens is elaborately magnificent. When you enter it, you're walking down this breathtaking long road which has a chain of palm trees--on both sides of the road--reaching heights similar to some of the columns in Kemet-- more specifically Karnak Temple in the ancient City of Thebes.

The similarities and the feel are an amazing interest.

Picture acres and acres of greenery: trees, small bushes, gardens and lots of space in between. The further you go out, fewer benches and fewer people you see and the more and more silence you hear. It can become so quiet that you will swear you can hear a butterfly's wings flapping. It has been said that Aburi Gardens carries some very special magic.

Beside its legendary magic, verifiable quiet and lovely scenery, you notice a few interesting situations. For instance, usually in pairs, you might see little children as young as 9 years of age walking through outer peripheries of the Garden with their parents no where near "where are you?" calling distance. Notwithstanding the level of collective love expressed, this view also speaks to the peace and trust which is instilled into the Ghanaian people amongst themselves.

I notice also that if you for a few moments sort of go into a semi meditative mode and look away from whoever it is you're with, you can get caught up so intensely you will be under the impression that you're the only person on earth. Again, that's how quiet it can be.

In this area of the Garden, there are no signs of peace-disturbing sounds of modernity: No planes roaring through above, no sounds of traffic, no auto horns (or screaming), no construction hardware and the like.

As we had finally come to a very far out area of the Garden, one of the Queens native to Ghana, by the name of Akua, asked me if I wanted to hear an ancient narrative known only to a short list of Afrikans around the world. From the Ewe language, Akua means "born on Wednesday."

With no hesitation, I said "yes, please."

With an unbelievable glow, one might say angelic-like, she smiled at me wanting to know if I was certain and asked in an almost seductive Ghanaian dialect: "This could change the course of your life...Are you sure you desire to know this information?"

Again, with no hesitation, "Absolutely" I responded smiling back and with anxiousness.

• Like Like x 1
    • False False x 1
    • List
  2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Very interesting, Perfection. Thanks for sharing. Will you be sharing more?:D(Kind of nervous asking!)

3. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    So after I respond in the affirmative, Akua looks to the group for their input. I must admit, I'm not digging this part. I'm starting to say to myself, "Why in the world do I need a consensus to determine if I'm ready to hear a run of the mill, camp fire tale...what IS the big deal?"

It's around 3 p.m. in December and Ghana is blazing hot. I like it that way. If you ever think about coming to this beautiful place and you enjoy the blaze of the heat as I do, please come in the West's winter months. In July, Ghana's temperatures can go as low in the 50s...and raining! I be like 'Damm, I thought this was Africa.'

So think opposite as it relates to weather when you ever wanna come.

"Where do your thoughts take you," Akua kindly queries the group concerning my readiness for the ancient narrative. One of the Queens, who's named Asyoruca, smiles but verbalizes her reluctance to share the information with me.

"I think he's a good Brotha, but I'm not so sure at this time" as she waves her head in a nay vote.

I will be carrying a tale if I told you that I appreciate the sister's lack of confidence in me. I'm mad. Helll, I'm offended.

Asyoruca is a commanding 5 foot 4 inches, big boned, has locks which seems to be raining down her back they look so good. I'm telling you it was a moment when I thought her locks were playing an instrument which resembles the sound of a harp. They look so magnificent, one may view them as if somebody drew it on her head and back.

She doesn't wear shoes or sandals. She says that shoes are interference with the energies of the Earth.

Like a Black Wonder Woman, She's wearing golden-like bracelets on both her risks with the right one having an ankh emblem on it and the other having a face of this wheel-like emblem which can only be found in the Temple of Karnak. She's the only Queen that I know who's rockin that wheel.

She has on this very thin...almost 'see through'...robe like material on. It's one piece. The way she looks you get this feeling that whatever she knows, it must be magical.

Deep chocolate skin, she's stunningly beautiful.

Now one of the reasons I gotta bit of a tude with Asyoruca is because she comes from the States as I do. And I'm looking at her like "Where is the love?"..."We got this Western bond we should maintain" and so forth. For me, it's like she needs to be standing with me cause we both were raised in the same environment so I shouldn't have any problems in getting her vote.

But it didn't matter to Asyoruca as she explained her reasons.

4. Gracious

Gracious Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +232
    MORE ... TELL US MORE!!! PLEEEASE!:)

5. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I know, right!????

Wow, Perfection! I feel like I'm right there with you! :eeek: You tell this story so well!

LOL @
    I'm aching waiting to hear the rest. Now it's one of the few threads I look forward to checking everyday!

6. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    hello Gracious...i'm glad you're here with us...thank you:D

7. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    hey you:p...always honored by your kind words and presence :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Asyoruca, in my opinion, is straight tripping. But then too is Akua. I think Akua started it all by not just telling the narrative. Had she not asked the opinions of the others, I could have known what the big secret was. But instead there seems to be a lobby against me. The others in the circle--including the Brotha-- are not even looking at me as if I've been found guilty of a crime or something.

This is not due process. It just doesn't make sense to me.

"Brotha, you know I got love for you," says Asyoruca as she's about to list her reasons for voting against me.

"Oh, I know you do Queen," I respond as I try my best to create a smile to hide my disappointment.

As she begins to fold her arms in front of her like a genie, she then says, "You're intelligent and you love Black Women."

"But" interrupts, in a joking way, Majestic who is the other Brotha in the group. He also goes by the name of Rasta. A good looking Brotha native to the land, standing 6 feet, having short corn roll looking locks and always smiling or trying to get a joke in. Rasta has this very deep native accent and those not used to the language probably can only understand 1 out of 20 English words he says.

It's amazing to me how the mind works with unfamiliar language. When I first came to Ghana and heard the deep accents it boggled the mind. While the Ghanaians are speaking (even in English), you be smiling but at the same time be like "What in the world did she just say?" as you're nodding your head in agreement knowing full well you didn't understand most of what was being spoken.

But after spending more and more time trying to understand the languages, what is being said becomes clearer and clearer and you no longer feel outside the conversation. In this too of course you pick up some different languages.

Let me tell you something else about Rasta. He's a master wood carver and he knows at least 5 different languages. I stop counting after French. And get this. He only graduated from what would be the West's equivalent to the 8th grade! Many Ghanaians are like this with respect to knowing how to speak fluent in several different languages.

So as I was saying, when Majestic blurts "But!" everybody starts laughing except me. This goes on for about a good 45 seconds. As the laughter begins to taper off, Asyoruca starts to get back to her list, arms still folded and the group starts to be serious again.

Back in the states, Asyoruca taught at a University in Atlanta.

"First," Asyoruca says in an almost lecturing manner as she walks around all of us in the group, "you must---" and then suddenly she gets "flashed." In Ghana, when you get 'flashed' it means that someone is calling you on your cell phone but because they (the caller) does not have enough minutes on their cell phone to speak, they're basically asking you to call them back.

"Excuse me," as she looks at her cell with her left hand. Then she puts her right index finger up then says, "I have to take this...I'll be back in a moment" as she quietly walks a few feet away from the group and returning the call to whoever flashed her.

• Like Like x 1
    • False False x 1
    • List
  9. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    This is great! Not only are you giving us a wonderful build up, but you're giving us two! First as to why they won't tell you what it is they refuse to share, and what exactly it is to begin with. :jumping:

And you describe the beauties of Ghana and its people magnificently, to top it all off. You really know how to tell a story. :toast:

I bet you could make a story about going to the grocery store compelling. :p You got skills.

10. Perfection

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    Queen you are too kind and I am truly humbled by your warm words and your keen observations about the narrative. You done created a Cheshire :D up in here:lol:...oh, one more thing---:p