Black Picture Image Gallery : SHAZAM!!

Discussion in 'Black Picture Image Gallery' started by SAMURAI36, Apr 25, 2006.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Since people are curious, the character in my avatar is Captain Marvel, also known as SHAZAM.

(*EDIT* I have since then changed my avatar, since I like the above picture a little better: it depicts Black Adam--Captain Marvel's enemy--flying away with Isis, his new love........This better reflects my perspective currently: a stern Black man, able to let his guard down for the right woman with the right principality. This was the previous picture I had of Captain Marvel: http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/misc/TRIALS_OF_SHAZAM_Porter.jpg )

Contrary to general consensus, the character's ethnicity, origin and background are not white in origin, but rather Middle Eastern, and his origins are Egyptian (Kemetic) and Sumerian.

Capt. Marvel's powers were magically granted by the Wizard Shazam, an ancient man that originally came from Sumeria himself, and who grants various chosen people the powers of various pantheons of Gods.

The Wizard SHAZAM himself was first endowed with the powers of 6 Sumerian Gods:

MARZOAH = Stamina
    AR-EL = Speed
    RIBALVEI = Power
    VOLDAR = Strength
    EL-BIAM = Courage
    LUMMUIM = Wisdom

Shazam's first Champion was TETH-ADAM, a lieutenant in Pharoah Ramses' army. He was a Black man of noble status.

Shazam endowed him with the powers of 6 Kemetic Deities:

SHU = Stamina
    HERU = Speed
    AMEN = Strength
    ZEHUTI = Wisdom
    ATEN = Power
    MEHUN = Courage

However, TETH-ADAM one day used his "Marvel-ous" powers to kill several hundred people.......The Wizard, looking down and seeing this, was not pleased, and decided to lock TETH-ADAM in a sarcophagus inside a tomb for several thousand years.

He awoke in present times and released himself from the tomb, by saying "SHAZAM" once more......This time emerging as "KHEM-ADAM", or BLACK ADAM.

He began to wreak havok in the world, and the Wizard once again saw the need to grant the ancient powers to a new champion. This time, it was the adopted son of 2 archeologists in ancient Egypt.

This young boy, only about 12 years old, when speaks the name of the ancient Wizard, a bolt of lightning from the sky hits him (just as with BLACK ADAM) and becomes Captain Marvel (see avatar).

http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/misc/TRIALS_OF_SHAZAM_Porter.jpg

The Wizard's power is to guard the powers of the Gods throughout the ages. However, because the Kemetic Gods' powers were already in use, Shazam was forced to use the last Gods known to man, which were the Greek Gods.

SOLOMON = Wisdom
    HERCULES = Strength
    ATLAS = Stamina
    ZEUS = Power
    ACHILLES = Courage
    MERUCRY = Speed

Captain Marvel uses the power of these Gods, until such a time when he can defeat Black Adam, and return the Kemetic Gods back to his power, which is also his birthright.

Currently Black Adam has siezed a portion of modern-day Egyptian land, called Khandaq, where he fairly and justly rules as king over the various tribes of Nubians that have escaped Egyptian oppression.

He has also gone into the ancient tombs and ressurected ISIS (AUSET), and the 2 are now lovers.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/July06/DCU/52Week12.jpg

Captain Marvel is often compared to Superman, for various reasons.

The 2 have often fought, and many times over, Captain Marvel has come out as the winner.

Many people do not realize, that the character of Superman was created by 2 Jewish writers, Seigel and Shuster. Superman was meant to be an all-powerful Jewish character. Superman's real name is Kal-El, which means the "Power of God".

Captain Marvel's (and Black Adam's) powers override and overwhelm those of Superman's because the former's powers are based on a far more ancient Magic, and one of Superman's weaknesses, in addition to Kryptonite, is also Magic.

Superman can only draw power from the Sun (which is the ancient Jewish God "EL"), whereas those of the Shazam legacy can draw from the sun and various other sources. Superman cannot defeat this.

As with all characters, the Legacy of SHAZAM represents a spiritual and cultural metaphor.

Spiritually speaking, The basis of the powers of Shazam are based on traditional African spirituality; the invocation of ancient deities and ancestors by way of speaking their names (in this case, the names almalgamted in the form of an acronym).

In questioning the look of Captain Marvel, he was always meant to be depicted as a lightskinned North African or Middle Eastern man.

In the upcoming Shazam movie, he will be played by superstar wrestler the ROCK.

http://www.dwaynejohnsonfever.net/PhotoGallery/displayimage.php?album=55&pos=0

http://www.alexrossart.com/galleries/dc/thumb/jsa_shazam_thumb.jpg

One can perhaps see the similarities.

PEACE

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    what is the Rock, anyhow? he one of us?

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Thank you Bro. Sam for the descriptive response. It's a very interesting story and now I have a better understanding in terms of how to view your avatar.

4. Tiana

Tiana Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    he blak & samoan like me & my sister trin i jus read up bout all dat history bout shazam cant wait 2 see it com out

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
  6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    cool....................

7. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    This took me bacxk to reading comic books.
    Great story!