Black People : Sharpton Encourages Youth, Blacks to Vote...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
SANTEE, SC - Rev. Al Sharpton reminded the congregation at Chapel Hill Baptist Church on Sunday about the struggle for civil rights and the important role for Blacks in selecting the next president of the United States.

"Here you are 40 years later in South Carolina. Nobody bombing your churches, no dogs bitin' you, nobody shooting you in the driveway, just too lazy and ungrateful to use something that folks died to give you the right to," said Sharpton, one of nine Democrats vying for the White House. "Folks got to beg you to vote when others died to give you the right to vote."

The visit was part of Sharpton's campaign for the state's first-in-the-South primary Feb. 3. The vote is expected to be Democrats' first test with a large Black population.
Sharpton told the congregation that President Bush is "bent on phenomenal destruction" in Iraq when the billions of dollars in resources should be used back in America. "Bush is there as a result of us going to sleep," he said.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/6503618.htm

(I certainly hope we're awake in 2004...)

Thank You

good stuff I know Al Sharpton was shaky but wow, a PIG too. I'ma send this out to all of my people.

Originally posted by XXPANTHAXX
Hotep Family
Thanks Brother Aqil,
Al Sharpton for me, is nothing but a Jesse (wait till the media gets here) Jackson clone, both of them are clearly opportunistic in nature, always showing up after something happens, there are many Africans who believed he was and maybe still is a fbi informant, here check out this link Was Al Sharpton a informant in the search of our Sister Assata Shakur?
your brother in our struggle
-Jacuma

From the Newsday article:

"A top FBI official said that Sharpton was not used in any manner to lure Shakur into a trap. 'This is the first I'm hearing of it, it's bull****,' FBI Assistant Deputy Director Kenneth Walton, who led the Shakur investigation, said earlier this week."

Sharpton flatly denied trying to make contact with Shakur...

"Sharpton called the men 'liars' and said they were possibly "police agents." He charged they are 'part of an element in the Black community that has lost out...and that will fabricate any story out of jealousy because they have no following...'"

I Disagree

I agree 110% with XXPANTHAXX about Jesse Jackson.

I disagree with Aqil about the fact that blacks need to register and vote in huge numbers. This method is so ineffective if there is no one to vote for. I've heard that pharse far to often ("black need to vote"). No one ever talks about what to vote for, who to vote for, how is it helpful to vote. Blacks came out in record numbers to vote for Gore what happen Bush became pres. (as if it makes a difference), blacks voted for Bill Clinton (a waste of time). The presidental election is an election blacks do not need to participle in, not right now, maybe later, but not now. Local election blacks should vote because as thing relate to the execute branch, we have no change, not now newayz.

Originally posted by Aqil
You're welcome, XXPANTHAXX. However, and irrespective of your personal opinions, he speaks the truth re: our need to register and vote in huge numbers. This is a precious responsibility that so many of our people fought and died for...a responsibility that we have not yet fulfilled...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back