Black Women : SHARING THE WEALTH - THANKS SISTA MANIFESTA!

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by CREOLEQUEEN, Nov 3, 2006.

1. CREOLEQUEEN

CREOLEQUEEN Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO FIND YOUR INSPIRATION OR GET A BIT OF NEWS YOU CAN USE. A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO I HAPPENED UPON THIS FORUM AND IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE I WAS HOOKED.

ANYWAY, AFTER EIGHT YEARS IN THE ARMY I TOOK A COUPLE OF YEARS OFF TO RAISE MY DAUGHTER. WHEN SHE STARTED SCHOOL, I DECIDED IT WAS TIME FOR ME TO COMPLETE MY EDUCATION. I WAS ALREADY EARNING A GOOD SALARY IN THE ELECTRONIC/TELECOMMUNICATION FIELD - THANKS TO EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PROVIDED BY THE ARMY AND AN ASSOCIATES (WHICH I COMPLETED OVER THE SPAN OF THREE YEARS WHILE IN THE ARMY TAKING CLASSES WHENEVER I COULD)IN ELECTRONICS. I WAS HEADED TO A FOUR YEAR COLLEGE WHEN I READ SISTA MANIFESTAS POST ON THE DIVERSITY OF HAVING TWO ASSOCIATES AND A BACHELORS - CHANGED MY MIND! I DECIDED NOT TO FOLLOW-UP ON THE ELECTRONICS BUT INSTEAD FOCUS ON ANOTHER ASSOCIATES IN SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT- REGISTERED NURSING.

TO MAKE SHORT OF A LONG STORY I GOTTA GIVE BIG UPS TO THIS FORUM, SISTA MANIFESTA FOR BEING SO YOUNG AND SO OBVIOUSLY GIFTED! DIVERSIFING IS TRULY THE WAY TO GO!

AND ALSO THANKS TO PANAFRICA ON THE 10 BEST-PAYING JOBS FOR ASSOCIATE DEGREES. BOTH MY FIELDS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (TELECOMMUNICATIONS) AND REGISTERED NURSING MADE THE LIST!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR PASSING ON THE KNOWLEDGE!:hearts4:

2. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Umm.. i just saw this... i dont know how i missed it..
    But.... umm.. my first thought was .. is this me she talkin about? lol
    Well... i guess so.. since no other ppl have the name Manifesta in it.. (i had to check..lol)
    Im so happy that I somehow inspired somebody..
    Im even happier to see that.. you have decided that its never too late to crack open a new window altogether.. and see whats outside! I love seeing ppl.. really find themselves... and exploring all that life has to offer...

I myself will be starting a new job this coming monday... and i am totally geeked to begin this new adventure!
    Let me know how its coming along!

The medical feild can be sto stressful.. but yet sooo rewarding..
    As a part time volunteer Paramedic-cardiac tech. I have personally decided that its something that i can only do part time because of the stress..
    emerg. medicine is a very rewarding...
    Taking care of ppl. and even putting a bandage on a boo boo*.. makes my day sometimes.

Peace and Blessings!