Black People : Share your story

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by phenomenalwoman, Feb 17, 2004.

1. phenomenalwoman

phenomenalwoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey fam
    I’m interested in learning your stories. What’s your inspiration/motivation behind your pieces, where you’ve been, where you’re at, and where you want to be. I have always been interested in learning about others…although I read a lot of fiction, biographies have never ceased to capture my interest. Especially Maya Angelou, I read her autobiographies and poetry books all the time, I’m such a fan… hence the screen name. So if you don’t mind share a little about your self. If I get some responses I will share my story also. Also if you have any suggestions on biographies or books in general that I may be interested in reading, share those also.
    Thanks

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm a black man living in America. A man who is trying to provide for my family, while also working to improve the social-economic status of Black people in this county & throughout the Diaspora. No further explanation needed!!

3. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    wassup sista

It all started in the fifth grade. The teacher assigned us to do a poem. I finished and mom's looked at me like i was crazy and said that it was SO GOOD... well i took that and carried it with me...at first it was horrible, almost as if i could'nt write that good. the kids at school would make fun of em but i didn't care...i jus kept on...and like a baby first starting to walk i learned how to write better, how to rhyme, how to do my stanzas just right....

It was all good...it soon became an outlet for frustration, anger, saddness, sure the tears would fall, but i would always feel better afterwords knowing that it was off my chest, relief would flood my soul, and i would be able to breathe again...

know its a part of me, if something ever happened to my hands to make it so that i never could write again i would probably go crazy....
    seriously, its become just as natural to me a breatheing...

so whats your story, phenomenal?