Black People : Shaquanda Cotton - Paris, Texas

OmowaleX said:
Wow...Sister River....you live closer to me than I thought!

I think the united states has about 13% Black population. Los Angeles also is around 13%.

Paris, Texas, 22%, higher than the national averge.
Little Rock, Arkansas, 40%, higher than the national average.
Dallas, Texas, 25%, higher than the national average.

My uncle soon will be moving to Atlanta, Texas, which is down the way from you, south of Texarkana, which also has a Black population which is higher than the national average.

In fact, East Texas has one of the highest concentrations of Black folks in the united states.

I wonder how many Black folks have actually visited and driven through these parts, even going to nearby areas such as Tulsa and Memphis, which also have sizeable Black communities.

hang tough Sista!

for folks that dont know, you live in an area which has more affordable housing than in los angeles, far less of a gang problem, but as I tell folks about LA, it aint the black and latino gang problem you REALLY have to worry bout.

The "police GANGS" exist everywhere to jack us up as do the "criminal justice/court gangs". Its not just Paris,Texas. Los Angeles, Florida, Atlanta, etc. are just a few examples of cities across america where there is NO JUSTICE and NO PEACE!

We got tv news programs here (im in little elm) that have been broadcasting some news from Paris. This morning, they interviewed the D.A., who is trying to silence a growing "protest movement" which is generating more news coverage.

peace!
Brotha Omo I been meaning to ask you for the longest how much you would charge to take me to Dallas to visit that ATR community brotha Blackbird was telling us about.

Right now I can hear a maintenance man somewhere hammering something. It must have been the same sound our ancestors heard when they were building scaffolds to hang us on. The white folks are so friendly. Nothing has changed. Nobody is saying nothing. Just yesterday I went outside with my white cane to go to the store and the white guy ran to warn me of the can of paint he had near the walk way You should hear them "Yes, ma'am, no, ma'am, You have a good day now. Let me help you with that." Like everything is everything. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

river said:
Brotha Omo I been meaning to ask you for the longest how much you would charge to take me to Dallas to visit that ATR community brotha Blackbird was telling us about.

Right now I can hear a maintenance man somewhere hammering something. It must have been the same sound our ancestors heard when they were building scaffolds to hang us on. The white folks are so friendly. Nothing has changed. Nobody is saying nothing. Just yesterday I went outside with my white cane to go to the store and the white guy ran to warn me of the can of paint he had near the walk way You should hear them "Yes, ma'am, no, ma'am, You have a good day now. Let me help you with that." Like everything is everything. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Sista....no charge....

But I think that the community is in Shreveport....

You can send me an email at some point and we can discuss. I might have some time in a few weeks but in the near future I am job seeking and planning on attending local film festival this weekend (I have a job interview sunday), and in-between trying to do some substitute teaching.

Yeah...white folks here ARE so "friendly"...but they aint giving me no jobs...:eek:oops:

I AM....in the Twilight zone...so my dere Sista River..you are NOT a-lone...!

OmowaleX said:
Sista....no charge....

But I think that the community is in Shreveport....

You can send me an email at some point and we can discuss. I might have some time in a few weeks but in the near future I am job seeking and planning on attending local film festival this weekend (I have a job interview sunday), and in-between trying to do some substitute teaching.

Yeah...white folks here ARE so "friendly"...but they aint giving me no jobs...:eek:oops:

I AM....in the Twilight zone...so my dere Sista River..you are NOT a-lone...!
Thanks I sent you an email.

It was Rickey Smiley not Jesse Jackson at the protest this morning. I don't know what they accomplished but the police videotaped it though the judge was out of town. So we shall see what we shall see. No I did not go. Please don't be disappointed in me. I made the decision to do that which I know will be effective.

river said:
Thanks I sent you an email.

It was Rickey Smiley not Jesse Jackson at the protest this morning. I don't know what they accomplished but the police videotaped it though the judge was out of town. So we shall see what we shall see. No I did not go. Please don't be disappointed in me. I made the decision to do that which I know will be effective.

Sista....perhaps it is best at this point to do things other than "protest movement"...which in itself is not presently proving to be an effective method. So, no disappointment here.

POLITICAL EDUCATION is a requisite to Political Mobilization...

But we got to have our Ebony MINDS right FIRST...

Hotep U!

Beloved precious and treasured cargo Goddess River:luvv: :luvv: :luvv:

Know that I AM ONe with you meditating for the justice for our young sister in
Texas.

Here is Divine loving luvv: :luvv: :luvv:sent to you from me to penetrate the sinew in your strength.

May I encourage all to continue to attend Chief Osiris classes, because Isis know that Chief Osiris has the answer to our lives.

Together with other like minds on these forums, and else where we can create an environment that is not unnatural us: .

Here is loving you/Afrika.

Goddess isis

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Savarnas Beauty Spa
It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Back