Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Shampoos for those who swim a lot

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by legit-writer, Jul 2, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I spend a lot of time in the pool this time of year... i mean can you blame me as hot as it is...anyways, i need to know what good shampoos out there I can use since I do swim a lot. I swim about 3 or 4 times a week at the least, and i also wonder do I still have to shampoo my hair EVERY time I go swimming so I do swim often. Thanks in advance

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Well, that is why I slowed down on swimming myself, do to the issue of washing the Chlorine out of my hair and how dry my hair became. I don't believe that shampoo is the concern, but perhaps maybe investing in a moisterizer or doing some type of deep conditioning if you swim that often. And if you straighten your hair with relaxers, I would suppose the chlorine would really be harse, so hopefully, you will find a good product to keep it as healthy as you can. My hair became so dry after swimming often but, because it is natural, I just washed it and used a Pantene conditioner and that's it. But still, it was so dry after washing it, I just decided to give swimming a break for awhile.

Man! you must be in good shape to be swimming that much!