Black Relationships : SHACKING UP, ain't nothing wrong with it?

Peace and Blessings @SwagII,

I think marriage brings a level of commitment that shacking up does not.

To use your analogy, if you buy the cow you're going to care for the cow, make sure it's fed, sheltered, etc.

If you are only interested in the milk, you can get a bottle of it from any cow, without the above concerns.

I do agree that many live together without marriage. It seems to be a personal choice.

If all involved are good with the arrangement, either is fine.

Nice topic, thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

I'm still in school so serious dating is not in my immediate plans. The few guys I date know it too. They don't overstay their welcome and neither do I. You just gotta set the rules of the game in the beginning. Casual only......well for now.

What has being in school have to do with serious dating ?

On your end probably nothing but on my end a lot. My 24 hour day consist of focusing on my career goal by faithfully attending class, taking exams, completing homework, attending workshops, working part time and interning, visiting family and close friends, volunteering, dating on a casual basis and finding the time to sleep. Serious dating will probably enter the equation when I am much more mature, totally self sufficient financially and psychologically. Nothing's guaranteed here but that is the basic plan. I do hoped this explained things to your satisfaction.

I know plenty who are in serious relationships and do all that.

I see where you threw maturity in there. That about sums it up. Or, you haven't found the right one

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back