Black Education / Schools : sexy-teacher-reprimanded

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by jamesfrmphilly, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
  2. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :11100:she might could teach me a thing or two...

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    It's appropriate dress for the club. Not the classroom

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Jealousy?

5. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Basic Instinct
    [​IMG]

1. The teacher knows exactly what she's doing when she looks at herself in the mirror every day. She knows that she will be interacting with young males and male colleagues during the work day and they will be looking at her body in that dress. For her to expect that most men and even women will be able to focus on their lessons or work and not her, is not logical thinking. Yes, I'm assigning responsibility to her first.
    2. To suggest that there is "jealousy" among other women and therefore they complained, never crossed my mind. I considered the profession, the teacher's role and her responsibility to teach subjects unrelated to sex education as the reason for complaints. I think it was poor judgment on the teacher's part.
    3. With so much in the headlines about inappropriate sexual contact between teachers and students these days, this type of fashion worn in an environment where young hormones are easily stimulated, only serves to escalate the problem. As a parent, I would complain.
    4. Dress code? That made me reflect back when I was a young woman and there were dress codes for every occasion and it was known community-wide. You had day wear, evening wear, Sunday wear, school/work wear and that even applied to hairstyles for women. With fashion the way that it is today, it's probably crucial to put dress codes in contracts for employment because the lines have been blurred. There are no rules anymore for hairstyles, makeup and dress codes, not even for weddings. You can see some pretty ridiculous gowns and tuxes these days. At the risk of sounding prudish though, this is obviously a young teacher who is proud of her body and her fashion choices today allow her to advertise it with no room for the imagination. She wants to be admired by others. But judgment is important in all instances because there can be some serious consequences otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Judging by the layout of the class room, I'm going to assume that her students are between K-to-Second grade (correct me if i'm wrong). So, my first assumption is that she's not trying to entice her students. Secondly, "Baby got back" definitely applies here; unless you intend to drape her in a cloak, or something, this is what you're going to get...no matter what she wears. Now, the men, and some women, on this board, might see her as alluring...and sexually enticing, let us not assume that four-to-seven year olds are going there. As such, I don't think her manner of dress is in any way distracting her students. With that said, maybe it does have to do with what others perceive to be inappropriate...for other reasons. hmmm.

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I'm not trying to make this a gender issue but it doesn't surprise me that some men here wouldn't see this teacher's dress style as a problem in the classroom. Baller...younger children you say? What type of example is she setting for those kids dressing like she does? And, I beg to differ that no matter what she wears, you will get the same affect. Not true. There are plenty of women with more voluptuous derrieres that don't show them off by wearing tight fitting or revealing clothes to the workplace.

Besides, here's the point. What that teacher is wearing to work is suggestive and in my opinion, inappropriate for work. And in terms of enticing students...directly, that may not be her intent, but indirectly she is. I'm a woman. I know how women think when they are selecting clothes to wear. You want to draw attention, put on something that is flattering and will pull people's eyes to you.

With younger children, oftentimes teachers have to stoop to their level, move quickly because children in K-2nd grade get rambunctious and who wants to see all up her dress when she sits in front of them with legs crossed during reading time? And we're not only talking about students, what about her male colleagues? Do they go to work sagging? Probably not, so why is she dressing like she's going to the club? Shoot, I've seen women dress like that these days going to church and funerals. Why do you think they dress like that?

8. Chadine

Chadine Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +64
    She has a killer body! Not sure if it's appropriate for the class room though.

9. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    The curvy ‘teacher’ who went viral for dressing sexy has been reprimanded
    Patrice Brown, now known as #TeacherBae, made national headlines this week after the Internet deemed her tight clothes “too sexy” for school. Brown’s critics went on social media and blasted the teacher, who often posted her controversial outfits on Instagram, for wearing “clubwear” to teach Atlanta’s bright young minds. Though, on the opposite side of the controversy, Brown’s supports criticized the critics for sexualizing her noticeably curvy body. Now, Atlanta Public Schools are addressing the uproar.

APS has issued a statement following all the hoopla surrounding Brown’s choice of clothing. According to the administrators, Brown isn’t a teacher, but a paraprofessional with the district and has been “given guidance regarding the APS Employee Dress Code.” A quick look at the district’s policy does label “immodest dress, tight or otherwise revealing” as being considered unacceptable, as well as jeans not worn for special projects and activities.

Brown, whose Instagram page now has over 160,000 followers since the “sexy clothes” kerfuffle started, was also “given guidance on the use of social media and Georgia Code of Ethics for educators.” Administrators added Brown has been “cooperative” in addressing her newfound social media fame, which is probably why her popular Instagram page has now gone private. Pictures posted on the account that showcased Brown posing in her classroom have also been deleted.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :jump:me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www. schoolssexy 18years x. com