Black Spirituality Religion : Setting God Free

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
When I pray my flesh feels a need to focus on some fixed location to which to direct my prayers and I am sorely tempted to stare at the left corner of the ceiling closest to the window of whatever room I am in.

I used to have a picture of Jesus on my wall--one of those Picasso joints, tanned skin, wavy golden brown hair in a three muskateers hair cut, cheekbones to die for and full luscious lips--he was gorgeous but when I found myself looking at that picture while praying I got rid of it.

What can we do to fight the temptation to locate God but truly worship Him in the freedom of the spirit that knows no spacial boundaries?

Its important to remember that when Jesus prayed he went to the secret place. Your secret place should be somewere that is free from distraction. So that you will be able to just sit and talk to the Lord. As we seek a closer connection to him he knows all of our needs and desires. God is always talking to and teaching us the question is are we ready to listen and recieve his teaching. Allow the spirit to guide you...

river said:
When I pray my flesh feels a need to focus on some fixed location to which to direct my prayers and I am sorely tempted to stare at the left corner of the ceiling closest to the window of whatever room I am in.

I used to have a picture of Jesus on my wall--one of those Picasso joints, tanned skin, wavy golden brown hair in a three muskateers hair cut, cheekbones to die for and full luscious lips--he was gorgeous but when I found myself looking at that picture while praying I got rid of it.

What can we do to fight the temptation to locate God but truly worship Him in the freedom of the spirit that knows no spacial boundaries?

Peace & paradise sister River........

I believe that Meditation is the highest form of prayer.....

I'm happy you got rid of that picture too sis.............. :jumping: :jumping:

peace

River

I used to have a picture of Jesus on my wall--one of those Picasso joints, tanned skin, wavy golden brown hair in a three muskateers hair cut, cheekbones to die for and full luscious lips--he was gorgeous but when I found myself looking at that picture while praying I got rid of it.Good on you.....

I'm convinced that this is why so many of our people have a subconcious affinity towards white people.

If the images we honor look like white people then we can't help but to see them as our friends, saviors, and benefactors instead of our historic and open enemies.

info-moetry said:
Peace & paradise sister River........

I believe that Meditation is the highest form of prayer.....

peace

True indeed. And to expound:

It is my understanding that communication with the Divine is a 2-way street.

Prayer (chanting, libations, offerings, ceremonies, etc) is our way of TALKING TO GOD.......

While Meditation serves as our way of LISTENING TO GOD.

Most practicioners of meditation will teach that it behooves us to spend more time in meditation than prayer, since GOD has far more to say to us, than we have to say to him/her.

The reality is, that God speaks to us more than we speak to him/her, and GOD listens to us, far more than we listen to him/her.

The human body is the perfect energy conductor; it tunes in to and broadcasts all forms of energy and frequencies......

The reality behind tuning into GOD, is to tune into ALL channels, and enhance our OMNIVERSAL antenna. :wink:

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back