Black People : Serve Me Up

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
One of the biggest hindrances for our people is ideology. Recently, I've noticed ideology attempt to operate as a wedge among our people. One person's ideology does not match another's and so there becomes a discussion, if not debate, on how fallacious to opposing ideology is to another. What makes this more damaging is the egos that are often intertwined with ideologies making the ideologies themselves larger than life. An attack on one's ideology is an attack one's self or one's ideology becomes one's identification.

One of my elder mentors, now an ancestor, once said, "Because they took so much from us - when we think we got something back or something we can call ours, we hold on to it undyingly, fighting tooth and nail against anyone we perceive to be in direct opposition of our dearest beliefs and concepts."

This ancestor also told me, "We are so downtrodden as a people, so depraved and possess low self-worth - that any nonsensical thing that sounds good about us, we cling to with unquestioningly devotion. We forfeit all critical thinking by believing the most fanciful notions of our histories."

This all go back to ideology. Ideology will cause us to question the genuineness of another, the credibility, integrity, sincerity, knowledge and character of one who believes differently. We match wits, mental energy and intellectual rhetoric to go to extreme attempts to prove ourselves right and another as wrong and invalid.

Here's my ideology: Our people have been enslaved in America for over 400 years collectively, whether if we were already here through the Moors, Olmecs, etc. or imported from Africa matters little, the fact remains we are presently an underclass group with the least expectancy and relative power. We fight and babble about who, how, when and what. We are always jockeying that we each individually know what is best for our people and shut any other as naive, short-sighted and brainwashed. None of us know jack because we are the children of slaves trying to find our way back the best way we know how. What we need to do is share more and not condemn, research more and not condone, organize more and not follow, think more and not accept, step out more and not fear, in order for us to become what we wish.

Personally, if I really wanted to follow a true ideology I could find something that everybody has said on Destee that I don't agree with and believe is wrong, but for what purpose and to what end?

Honestly who is right? How is wrong? For anyone arguing they are right beyond any shadow of a doubt, trust me I can prove wrong....

Blackbird (a sacrifice as a scapegoat)

*APPLAUSE*

Brother Blackbird thank you for that insightful post....I couldnt agree with you more....we are fighting each others' thoughts for no reason at all.....our egos are in the way of logical thinking that NO ONE thinks or believes like everyone else....there is nothing more that I can add to your post.....I thank you for posting this....

Htp

Hey brotha Blackbird,

Yes, ego turns our ideas into ideologies that we must defend to the death. When we take an opposing idea and turn it into an invalidation of our whole life nothing constructive can emerge from the discussion.

Can we learn how to share ideas without turning them into ideologies?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back