Black Relationships : Serial Dater

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MsInterpret, Sep 11, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Has anyone else had this problem?

I'll like a person and then for no reason at all I'll lose interest in them. I just start finding all kind of things that irritate me about the person. Or I immediately find someone else that's better and then the cycle continues. I can turn my emotions on and off like a switch.

You feel like no one is good enough for you and you become....A SERIAL DATER.

Definition of a Serial Dater

One who engages in the process of systematically dating an obscene amount people in short span of time. This definition encompasses but is not limited to internet dating, bar dating, long distance flirtations, phone service dating, blind dating, expiration dating, match making, one night stands, friends with benefits, and personal ad surfing. Can be considered a politically correct alternative to word "player" both with and without a negative connotation.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i never dated no cereal. did date a few nuts though.:p

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    :lol: Only you James...only you.

4. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    No, not me. I think I would be too leary of the dfferent guys I would come in contact wth. But maybe you're just at a tme in your
    where the hunt is more exciting than the catch. That happens you know. "The thrill of the hunt"? And again, maybe you are not
    beng challenged by the guys you're dating....I say have fun, be extra careful and find love!!

5. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    I'm married, but I hope that doesn't make my perspective irrelevant in your eyes, because I have been single. :)

There could be a few things going on:

1. None of these guys are the right one. I think if you met someone who really connected with you, all other actions, thoughts and distractions would cease rather seamlessly - or at least they'd hold much less appeal to you.

2. As you get older, you have less tolerance for BS. I don't know know how old you are, but men and women alike generally seem to lose patience for people, practices or personalities that don't complement their own or whose agenda, goals, aspirations, etc. are out of step with where they are or want to be. Hence, there may not be a need to date such indviduals for any meaningful length of time, as you're pretty well reconciled that there's nothing there.

3. You may have high standards - whatever they may be - and no one is quite measuring up. Some things are negotiables, or perhaps should be, but there are some non-negotiables, and perhaps you are encountering a combination of the two.

4. Past relationships/baggage/damage.

5. You really enjoy being single and, like Jill Scott, don't mind being "dickmatized" every now and then. ;)

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    No your advice/opinion matters or counts

And I agree with you...Actually I'm thinking it may be all of the above

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    No......I've never did this but I have run into a few who was like this

I think you lose intrest is because for one you not looking for long term relationship
    so your intrest is short .......or sis you just sorting ya royal oats ya know like a few
    for a while before seeing something else that's striking to your taste bud..........

I gotta keep my eye on you !!!

much love sis just be safe around the different guys some don't understand NO / bye
    and go away !

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Men are dawgs (LIARS) and they play games... As I have stated in my post about turning into a Angry Black woman I've realized that men are the source of my anger. I have said in the past that there are good men out there and I'm starting to think that I was lying to myself, because at that time I was dating a guy whom I thought was a good man, and he turned out to be the COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR!

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Felling every part of you , but i have to say it all depend on what you look for in a man
    there are a few good brothers who may not meet your personal standards which will
    leave you looking at them as another bad seed in your mist........

10. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    When it's all said and done...All men say the same line which NEVER sets the apart from the rest..................

"I'm not like every guy."

I have not met one guy, who I have encountered on a "dating" level, that has never said that....They all say it.

Then they prove to be like all rest of the other trash bags that said that same line.

All men are liars.