Black Sports : Serena Williams - DISQUALIFIED - us open 2009

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Destee, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Serena Williams accused of threatening line judge

US OPEN 09' Serena Williams Post Match Interview

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I'm not much of a tennis watcher, but I remember white boys out on the court that useta act real krazee.

These white folk are losing their minds.

I guess they figure, yall got your Black President, you don't need a Black US Open 2009 Champion too.

:heart:

Destee

3. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

I could see this coming. Serena was gonna choke against the comeback mother-of-the-year and the refs were gonna do what they could to help out. One nicely timed, so-called, foot fault was all it took.

When we gonna learn these people don't always play fair? Perhaps I missed it but I still haven't seen any close-up footage of the so-called foot fault. Did they show it?

Peace
    Precise

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    twas not a foot fault....
    it was very close...even so...u don't call a close call like that in the match game....

i watch tennis and the white tennis players for the most part do not like serena and venus....

big surprise...

the thing that got me was that johnny mac had the nerve to try and criticize her...

huh?

what the *****?

one love
    khasm

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    serena shouldn't have let them bait her like that,it was a bad call although i will admit that her opponent was pretty good and might've bet serena,but them folks don't like two black female champions so they found a way do get her out.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    this is not the first time some white judge has screwed over one of the Williams sisters.

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, I just can't go along with the Serena as the "victim" here.

Whether that "foot fault" call was legit or not, Serena crossed the line when she threatened the Line Judge. From my understanding, she didn't lose because of the "Foot Fault." --She was going back to the line for another serve when she turned back around to the judge.--- She was ejected for her behavior.

Yeah, John McEnroe is infamous for his language and court tirades too; but, as far as I know, he never actually threatened physical harm to a Tennis Official. --And even if he ever did, we know that there is one set of rules for "them" and another set for US.

Serena crossed the line.

In the 2nd video, Destee posted, Serena is saying that she can't remember what she said. (Yeah, right.)

Now, we also know that them White folks will use "any means necessary" to discredit us. (Remember Vanessa Williams as Miss America?)

So, why do we continue to give them the ammunition? :10500:

Yes, I'm sure "they" don't like Serena and Venus. I'm sure "they" hate it that two Black women are dominating a sport that "they" have always ruled. But even that is not new.---Althea Gibson encountered the same in tennis AND women's golf....Arthur Ashe suffered racism too.

So, when this White chick came outta retirement to beat the best, this BLACK woman, aint it a GIVEN that this match would be closely scrutinized?

Good grief! How many of us who have played high school or college sports know that the Refs try to call for the "home team" as much as they can get away with?!....And this White Girl WAS the "HOME TEAM!"

Serena had already been FINED $500 during this same match for "racket abuse."----So, yeah, she was RATTLED! She was frustrated and angry!--She was working hard to beat this chick and coming up SHORT! Maybe she was a bit intimidated by her. (She had already watched this girl play before.)

Serena was paid over $350,000 for the US OPEN.---She was also fined $10,000 for her last tantrum that got her ejected.

But, NOW, there is talk of an "Investigation" into this event and possible SUSPENSION for Serena from next year's US OPEN and they could make her return ALL of the money she was paid for this one.

Now, just WHO caused all of this?.....SERENA's behavior, not the "foot fault" call.

She let that White girl rattle her mental and physical performance and she let that Line Judge rattle her emotions.

It's one thing to rant and curse at an Official but it's a whole 'nother ball game to threaten to shove a tennis ball down somebody's throat!

Again, Serena CLAIMS she can't remember what she said; but it is clear from the video that she threatened that woman. Just look at her lips and her gestures>>>>

8. Precise Allah

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

Are you a competitive person?

Peace

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

No disrespect intended, Brother, but what does that matter in this situation?

Let's say I played a sport in school myself (and I did...b-ball) and let's say that because of that athletic background, I understand being "competitive."

But, what does being competitive have to do with telling an Official IN ANY SPORT, that if you could you'd shove a ball down his or her throat?

Even in basketball, that same behavior could or would have gotten a player ejected from the game or, at least, a Technical Foul.

So, what is your point asking me if I am a "competitive person?"

Serena let that White chick GET IN HER HEAD and she let her emotions get away from her. She LOST IT when she threatened that Line Judge.

Serena even admitted that she has a problem with "foot faults."

Now, that particular call may not be generally applied, especially at such critical times in a match but the fact remains that it WAS CALLED and Serena went OFF!

So, again, WHO gave them the ammunition to eject her??

Serena and Venus aint new to tha games them White folks play. They've been experiencing this their whole lives ever since they started in tennis. Surely, during their younger lives even, their mother and father have spoken to them about what "they" will do to try to taint/mar their successes in a sport "they" are used to being the champions in.

IMO, the bottom line is Serena let them White folks RATTLE her and she exploded.....And that cost her any possible victory in the 2009 US OPEN.

So, the White girl won by DEFAULT.

Serena GAVE IT TO HER.

The "Home Team" still won in the end.

Serena kicked herself outta the match and faces even more fines and possible suspension because of her behavior.

So, what does me being a "competitive person" or not have to do with that?

It's one thing, in the "heat of battle" to get angry at a Ref and shout or curse at them....but to physically threaten an Official in any sport is crossing the line.

If Michael Vick told a Ref he'd like to shove a football down his throat, what do you think would happen to him? :?:

10. Precise Allah

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

No disrespect perceived. The science is, competitive people have a lot of drive which is why you see this trait in elite, world class, athletes. They know how to keep going when it feels like quitting is the best thing to do. This same trait can have disastrous effects if things get thrown out of balance. The time that the foot fault was called could not have come at a more critical point in the match. Throw in the fact that Serena was already having a tough match and things become a little more understandable. Add in another variable (like maybe Serena ain't too fond of white people just like so many here at Destee) and it becomes even more understandable why she blew up when she was already so pumped up and full of adrenalin.

The same kind of thing happened to Mike Tyson when he fought Evander Holyfield the second time. I saw Mike fight a lot of people and he hardly ever got head butted by anyone. It happened in the first fight with Evander and it happened again in the second fight. Tyson got cut on both occasions but the second time it happened he snapped. He said he saw Evander try to do it and when he head butted him successfully and cut Tyson, Tyson went crazy and bit his ear off. It's the kind of thing that can happen when you feel like someone is trying to cheat you in the heat of battle.

BTW, most top class athletes will tell you they ain't doing it for the money. If they already at the top of their game like Serena is, they can't spend the money they already have. It's about winning and being the best. These things can happen when you feel like someone is trying to cheat you.

Peace
    Precise