Black People Politics : Serena Williams and Barack Obama's candidacy

MysteryDoors

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 4, 2008
Serena and Venus Williams belief system (Jehovah's Witnesses)

Serena Williams told reporters at Wimbledon that she's excited about Barack Obama's candidacy but won't vote for him because Jehovah's Witnesses "don't get involved in politics." Her sister Venus—who is also a Jehovah's Witness—wouldn't even comment on the presidential election. Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses vote?
http://www.slate.com/id/2194321/
Because of John 17:14 and other passages in the Bible. In that verse, Jesus says of his followers: "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." Jehovah's Witnesses have interpreted that statement as a call to remain neutral in all political matters. (In some of the sect's literature, members are described as "representatives of God's heavenly kingdom"; they are thus obligated to stay out of local political affairs in keeping with the behavior of ambassadors.) Witnesses also refrain from serving in the military, running for public office, and pledging allegiance to the flag.

What do you think about Serena and Venus Williams belief system (Jehovah's Witnesses) and not voting?

What do you think about Serena and Venus Williams belief system (Jehovah's Witnesses) and not voting?

Greetings Brother MysteryDoors!

I have NOTHING to do with the "jehovah's witness" however, I DO share the "belief system" in my decision to refrain from playing what I see as "white man GAMES".

That part of the scripture I would apply similarly to my life and Knowledge of myself as a DIVINE BEING....I am living a human experience...I am in this "world" yet I am NOT of it.

Then again...I'm prolly still BOTH in and of it as a Divine Being connected to all LIFE (world)...yet....I refuse to continue to play white man GAMES....i.e. POLITRICKS!

M.E.
:hearts2:

Serena and Venus Williams belief system (Jehovah's Witnesses)

Serena Williams told reporters at Wimbledon that she's excited about Barack Obama's candidacy but won't vote for him because Jehovah's Witnesses "don't get involved in politics." Her sister Venus—who is also a Jehovah's Witness—wouldn't even comment on the presidential election. Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses vote?
http://www.slate.com/id/2194321/
Because of John 17:14 and other passages in the Bible. In that verse, Jesus says of his followers: "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." Jehovah's Witnesses have interpreted that statement as a call to remain neutral in all political matters. (In some of the sect's literature, members are described as "representatives of God's heavenly kingdom"; they are thus obligated to stay out of local political affairs in keeping with the behavior of ambassadors.) Witnesses also refrain from serving in the military, running for public office, and pledging allegiance to the flag.

I think it is a waste of time to talk about it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back