Black Entertainment : SERENA GETS ENGAGED

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
White men treat women better than Black men, according to Serena Williams.
Posted on January 1, 2017 by
18karatreggae@gmail.com in Race Relations, Romance and Dating, Sports // 9 Comments
92459d88-4b4a-4037-b13b-56ea34ca7bf6
92459d88-4b4a-4037-b13b-56ea34ca7bf6

Serena-Williams-and-Alexis-Ohanian.jpg
Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian

Serena Williams got engaged last week to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. Ohanian happens to be white and many are wondering why Serena chose to marry a white man after dating so many Black men.
Well according to the greatest female tennis player and quite possible the greatest female athlete of all time, of all the men she dated, the white men especially her now fiancé, treated her better than the Black men.
“When I date someone I never see color,” Serena said, “I date who I have chemistry with, but I must say Alexis has treated me better than any Black man I have dated.”
Serena has dated a slew of Black men including rappers Drake and Common. She has also dated former NFL linebacker Lamar Arrington and basketball star Amare Stoudemire.

I can't agree with Serena's assessment of Black vs. white men because I have no romantic experience with white men to compare the two BUT, I support her decision to marry whomever she chooses. If her fiance' makes her happy, then so be it. I'm still a fan.

Also, I vividly recall when Serena and Venus first launched their careers in professional tennis, a lot of Black men and Black women criticized them publicly for the way they looked, calling them ugly, calling their hair nappy, sexualizing Serena for being thick and going in on them hard . . . and they were just teenagers with gifts and talents that hadn't been seen--ever--in the tennis industry. They hadn't done anything offensive to us, didn't know any of their critics personally, and deserved better, particularly from their own people. Their mother braided and beaded their hair and they wore braces on their teeth. But people didn't care that what they said could hurt their feelings. They were and still are, intelligent and articulate. They deserved then and still do, to be recognized for their talent and the fact that they are human and have feelings.

Ain't nobody out there paying their mortgage, car note or putting food on their tables. As women, they want to be loved and to give love. Black people need to know when to sit down and mind they own business.

I agree with NNQueen. Although I don't agree with Serena sentiments regarding black men, I do wonder why is there such a double standard in our community when it comes to black women's dating choices. Nobody blinks an eye at the romantic choices of Kanye and Lamar Odom. And I barely heard a peep from folks when it came out that Jamie Fox was dating Katie Holmes.

I agree with NNQueen. Although I don't agree with Serena sentiments regarding black men, I do wonder why is there such a double standard in our community when it comes to black women's dating choices. Nobody blinks an eye at the romantic choices of Kanye and Lamar Odom. And I barely heard a peep from folks when it came out that Jamie Fox was dating Katie Holmes.
Peace,

I suppose it depends on who you're talking to. Kayne and Lamar have been relegated to the "you get what you deserve" category in the conscious community for messing with them pink toes and the same thing goes for Jamie Foxx. That whole thing with Jamie Foxx is messy from the gate considering his relationship with Tom Cruise.

I ain't mad at any black person for messing with white people like that. At the end of the day they get what they deserve. Just don't try to be that revolutionary dude in "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" with the white wife. :)

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back