Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
there are women with money and global exposure yet cannot find a black man to treat them right. really ?
in the whole entire wide world there is no good black man ? hmmmmm.....

could it be that the problem is within ?
It is what it is. Some women aren't on a mission to find a mate. Sometimes you simply find yourself in the same space together and there's an attraction. We no longer find ourselves in closed and segregated communities. We're global now and thanks to social media, we meet people from different countries all the time. And, contrary to popular belief, Black men are not the only men attracted to Black women. Could Serena's point of view be tainted? Of course and from what she's saying, it's based on her personal experiences. So she should keep hunting and searching for the one Black man who could love her, when there's a man right there in front of her eyes now. He just happens to be white. Obviously not all Black people are going to accept her choice. If you're no longer a fan because of it, I'm sure she'll shrug it off and wave goodbye. She's got to do what she wants to do. There's so much more to life now than any of us ever imagined and some of us are pursuing it differently. Live life to the fullest.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
It is what it is. Some women aren't on a mission to find a mate. Sometimes you simply find yourself in the same space together and there's an attraction. We no longer find ourselves in closed and segregated communities. We're global now and thanks to social media, we meet people from different countries all the time. And, contrary to popular belief, Black men are not the only men attracted to Black women. Could Serena's point of view be tainted? Of course and from what she's saying, it's based on her personal experiences. So she should keep hunting and searching for the one Black man who could love her, when there's a man right there in front of her eyes now. He just happens to be white. Obviously not all Black people are going to accept her choice. If you're no longer a fan because of it, I'm sure she'll shrug it off and wave goodbye. She's got to do what she wants to do. There's so much more to life now than any of us ever imagined and some of us are pursuing it differently. Live life to the fullest.
ZomboMeme 05012017131459.jpg

WokeAndAngry

Jan 14, 2017
there are women with money and global exposure yet cannot find a black man to treat them right. really ?
in the whole entire wide world there is no good black man ? hmmmmm.....

could it be that the problem is within ?
I think this is because they date the same type of men in general whether it be the NFL star or rapper.

I am honestly disappointed in Serena and the fact that her legacy will soon be white washed when she bears children with her fiance.

I have been following serena closely in race related interviews and tbh she comes off as a coon to me. The same beainwashed type that believes that "white" is better.

All of the negative associations that she may have about black people or black men specifically would obviously be due to white supremacy / systemic racism.

Why even bring up the black men that she has dated and compare it to her white fiance? Can she really be so dense to believe that the color of our skin is the reason why she was supposedly treated badly by those black men?

Perhaps it had nothing to do with their egos? The way they were raised? Basically anything BUT the color of their skin?

WokeAndAngry

Jan 14, 2017
Also came in here to say that she is supposed to be a ROLE MODEL.

What are young girls gonna think when they see how she spoke about black men as a group instead of as individuals?

They may grow up thinking "why waste my time with a black man when white men will treat me better".

Sad.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I think this is because they date the same type of men in general whether it be the NFL star or rapper.

I am honestly disappointed in Serena and the fact that her legacy will soon be white washed when she bears children with her fiance.

I have been following serena closely in race related interviews and tbh she comes off as a coon to me. The same beainwashed type that believes that "white" is better.

All of the negative associations that she may have about black people or black men specifically would obviously be due to white supremacy / systemic racism.

Why even bring up the black men that she has dated and compare it to her white fiance? Can she really be so dense to believe that the color of our skin is the reason why she was supposedly treated badly by those black men?

Perhaps it had nothing to do with their egos? The way they were raised? Basically anything BUT the color of their skin?

What are young girls gonna think when they see how she spoke about black men as a group instead of as individuals?

They may grow up thinking "why waste my time with a black man when white men will treat me better".

Sad.
:11100: if you can't find nobody it just might be YOU, not them....

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
You can't date a part of the community that also dates a lot of strippers and expect to be treated well. Maybe if she had dated black men who were more mentally grounded she would have had different and better experiences.

On the other hand, too many of our brothers have bought into the thug culture and emulate the same tastes in and treatment of women. So it makes it easier for guys from other cultures to wow our sisters, when too many of our brothers are emulating thugs. Without true respect for themselves, they are unable to give respect for worthy women.
You said a lot! And I agree about the thug culture. Thank you for saying that!

I am so shocked that Serena would say that. I didn't think she would ever do that. She is so pretty, but I am so disappointed in her now. Her fiancé is Armenian and he comes from so amazing and rich history and some of his people bumped heads with the Western Civilization, hard, and I wonder if he supports her statements against Black men. I'm so disappointed in Serena. I don't support her now, at all.

She should never put down Black men like that, based upon her personal experience. I can absolutely understand where she's coming from, but as a black woman, if we give birth to a son, HE IS GOING TO BE BLACK!!!--She's oppressing her own black son before she even gives birth. Even if her son is born part black, like president Obama, or not, she is revealing a deeper issue.

Black women are the nurturers, we can't divide based on personal issues. We need to rise above.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker

Sad.

and then what would happen?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz