Black Entertainment : SERENA GETS ENGAGED

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Kemetstry, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,469
    White men treat women better than Black men, according to Serena Williams.
    Posted on January 1, 2017 by
    [email protected] in Race Relations, Romance and Dating, Sports // 9 Comments
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian

Serena Williams got engaged last week to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. Ohanian happens to be white and many are wondering why Serena chose to marry a white man after dating so many Black men.
    Well according to the greatest female tennis player and quite possible the greatest female athlete of all time, of all the men she dated, the white men especially her now fiancé, treated her better than the Black men.
    “When I date someone I never see color,” Serena said, “I date who I have chemistry with, but I must say Alexis has treated me better than any Black man I have dated.”
    Serena has dated a slew of Black men including rappers Drake and Common. She has also dated former NFL linebacker Lamar Arrington and basketball star Amare Stoudemire.

2. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,469
    No longer a fan

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    I can't agree with Serena's assessment of Black vs. white men because I have no romantic experience with white men to compare the two BUT, I support her decision to marry whomever she chooses. If her fiance' makes her happy, then so be it. I'm still a fan.

Also, I vividly recall when Serena and Venus first launched their careers in professional tennis, a lot of Black men and Black women criticized them publicly for the way they looked, calling them ugly, calling their hair nappy, sexualizing Serena for being thick and going in on them hard . . . and they were just teenagers with gifts and talents that hadn't been seen--ever--in the tennis industry. They hadn't done anything offensive to us, didn't know any of their critics personally, and deserved better, particularly from their own people. Their mother braided and beaded their hair and they wore braces on their teeth. But people didn't care that what they said could hurt their feelings. They were and still are, intelligent and articulate. They deserved then and still do, to be recognized for their talent and the fact that they are human and have feelings.

Ain't nobody out there paying their mortgage, car note or putting food on their tables. As women, they want to be loved and to give love. Black people need to know when to sit down and mind they own business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  4. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +378
    I agree with NNQueen. Although I don't agree with Serena sentiments regarding black men, I do wonder why is there such a double standard in our community when it comes to black women's dating choices. Nobody blinks an eye at the romantic choices of Kanye and Lamar Odom. And I barely heard a peep from folks when it came out that Jamie Fox was dating Katie Holmes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  5. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +868
    Peace,

I suppose it depends on who you're talking to. Kayne and Lamar have been relegated to the "you get what you deserve" category in the conscious community for messing with them pink toes and the same thing goes for Jamie Foxx. That whole thing with Jamie Foxx is messy from the gate considering his relationship with Tom Cruise.

I ain't mad at any black person for messing with white people like that. At the end of the day they get what they deserve. Just don't try to be that revolutionary dude in "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" with the white wife. :)

Peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    People don't "fall in" love, you grow to love and I'm not talking about no fake Hollywood stuff. Pay very close attention to what Serena said. She's talking about how women are TREATED. From what I've read, she's never been opposed to dating Black men and she has for years. But, apparently, none of those relationships ever made it the marriage goal line and she wants to be someone's wife. Would you rather see her married to someone who doesn't treat her the way she wants to be treated, just because he's Black?

Read what rapper, Eve said:

“I never thought I would date outside of my race,” Eve said. “I never thought it would seriously be something that I considered because of where we come from. Interracial dating is still not as prevalent in our community. But when I met him, it was something that was so familiar. We recognize each other in a deeper way. If somebody is treating me the way I’m supposed to be treated, who cares what race he happens to be? It took a while for us to get comfortable, but when things got serious, we went for it."

I'm sure to both of those women, being loved and treated with love is far more important to them than a close-minded fan base. Life is short, get over it.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,584
    there are women with money and global exposure yet cannot find a black man to treat them right. really ?
    in the whole entire wide world there is no good black man ? hmmmmm.....

could it be that the problem is within ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,584
    :11100:i said it before and i'll say it again....who you will do is a political decision

9. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +868
    Peace,

What I want is for weak negroes to consider the struggle of the black family, take one for the team and use their resources to find a compatible mate who can completely identify with the struggle of the black family. Pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread so far has plenty of resources. Amazing how those of us with significantly less resources are able to find suitable mates who are also people of color. At the end of the day a person of color who has any intention whatsoever of being conscious, will be completely neutralized if they hook up with a white person. Never mind the idea that we should be way beyond forgiveness for the crimes committed against people of color by whites.

So the sisters in relationships with black men all got lucky or are lying and miserable? GTFOH.

Pawns in the game and don't even know it, classic 85% ish...... but because they got a few coins to scrape together they think they see this relationship thing better than their ancestors. Death starts in the mental and is thus made manifest in the physical. These people are mentally dead or dying.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,469

The heart wants what it wants. But when she castigates brothers in that way. Sorry, in my book, she is now a person with no backbone