Black Entertainment : SERENA GETS ENGAGED

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
White men treat women better than Black men, according to Serena Williams.
Posted on January 1, 2017 by
18karatreggae@gmail.com in Race Relations, Romance and Dating, Sports // 9 Comments
92459d88-4b4a-4037-b13b-56ea34ca7bf6
92459d88-4b4a-4037-b13b-56ea34ca7bf6

Serena-Williams-and-Alexis-Ohanian.jpg
Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian

Serena Williams got engaged last week to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. Ohanian happens to be white and many are wondering why Serena chose to marry a white man after dating so many Black men.
Well according to the greatest female tennis player and quite possible the greatest female athlete of all time, of all the men she dated, the white men especially her now fiancé, treated her better than the Black men.
“When I date someone I never see color,” Serena said, “I date who I have chemistry with, but I must say Alexis has treated me better than any Black man I have dated.”
Serena has dated a slew of Black men including rappers Drake and Common. She has also dated former NFL linebacker Lamar Arrington and basketball star Amare Stoudemire.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I can't agree with Serena's assessment of Black vs. white men because I have no romantic experience with white men to compare the two BUT, I support her decision to marry whomever she chooses. If her fiance' makes her happy, then so be it. I'm still a fan.

Also, I vividly recall when Serena and Venus first launched their careers in professional tennis, a lot of Black men and Black women criticized them publicly for the way they looked, calling them ugly, calling their hair nappy, sexualizing Serena for being thick and going in on them hard . . . and they were just teenagers with gifts and talents that hadn't been seen--ever--in the tennis industry. They hadn't done anything offensive to us, didn't know any of their critics personally, and deserved better, particularly from their own people. Their mother braided and beaded their hair and they wore braces on their teeth. But people didn't care that what they said could hurt their feelings. They were and still are, intelligent and articulate. They deserved then and still do, to be recognized for their talent and the fact that they are human and have feelings.

Ain't nobody out there paying their mortgage, car note or putting food on their tables. As women, they want to be loved and to give love. Black people need to know when to sit down and mind they own business.

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
I agree with NNQueen. Although I don't agree with Serena sentiments regarding black men, I do wonder why is there such a double standard in our community when it comes to black women's dating choices. Nobody blinks an eye at the romantic choices of Kanye and Lamar Odom. And I barely heard a peep from folks when it came out that Jamie Fox was dating Katie Holmes.

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
I agree with NNQueen. Although I don't agree with Serena sentiments regarding black men, I do wonder why is there such a double standard in our community when it comes to black women's dating choices. Nobody blinks an eye at the romantic choices of Kanye and Lamar Odom. And I barely heard a peep from folks when it came out that Jamie Fox was dating Katie Holmes.
Peace,

I suppose it depends on who you're talking to. Kayne and Lamar have been relegated to the "you get what you deserve" category in the conscious community for messing with them pink toes and the same thing goes for Jamie Foxx. That whole thing with Jamie Foxx is messy from the gate considering his relationship with Tom Cruise.

I ain't mad at any black person for messing with white people like that. At the end of the day they get what they deserve. Just don't try to be that revolutionary dude in "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" with the white wife. :)

Peace

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Serena gets screwed Black Sports 12
Al D Africa : Serena Williams Quietly Kept Venture Capital Firm's Investment in Nigeria All Things Africa 6
Destee Black Sports : Fans react angrily to 'racist' ban on Serena Williams' catsuit Black Sports 5
Lunar Cycle Black Sports : Serena Pens Heartwarming Letter To Mom Black Sports 0
Lunar Cycle Black Sports : It's Official: Serena Is A Proud Mom Black Sports 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : serena-williams-joins silicon-valley-board Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : Venus and Serena Williams set up all-sisters Australian Open final Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Serena Williams speaks out against police violence: ‘I won’t be silent’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Enki Black Sports : This is part of the reason they don't like Serena Black Sports 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : serena teaching you how to twerk.... Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Sports : 'She showed a lot of courage': Serena Williams praises Maria Sharapova for taking responsibility aft Black Sports 0
Liberty Black Sports : Serena Williams Named WTA Player of the Year for the 4th Year In A Row Black Sports 5
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : drake don't think serena looks too masculine.... Black Entertainment 0
Black Phoenix Black People : Black Excellence: Serena Williams Is Eyeing a Fashionable Post-Court Life Black People Open Forum 0
Monetary Black Sports : SERENA WINS 6TH WIMBLEDON TITLE Black Sports 4
KMeister Black Sports : Serena Williams wins French Open 2015 Black Sports 3
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : 14-Year Boycott, Serena Williams Return To Indian Wells Black Entertainment 4
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Australia Open Serena Williams won her 19th Grand Slam title Black Sports 7
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : serena V sloane on CBS now Black Sports 28
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : History Made: Sloane Stephens Upsets Serena Williams Black Sports 49
Keita Kenyatta Black Sports : Serena Williams did the crip walk after winning gold Black Sports 13
Keita Kenyatta Black Sports : Serena Williams raps in a song that rhymes ‘tennis racquet’ with ‘Gucci glasses’ Black Sports 4
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Serena Back after long layoff Black Sports 9
Chevron Dove Black People : SERENA WILLIAMS Recovers from Surgery Black People Open Forum 8
cherryblossom Black People : Serena Williams Poses Nude Black People Open Forum 20
Destee Black Sports : Serena Williams - DISQUALIFIED - us open 2009 Black Sports 33
M Black People Politics : Serena Williams and Barack Obama's candidacy Black People Politics 15
Destee Black Sports : Richard Williams - Venus & Serena's Father Speaks Out Black Sports 8
Monetary Black Sports : SERENA WILLIAMS WINS AUSSIE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP Black Sports 2
S Black Relationships : Would You *Wife* Serena Williams??? Black Relationships 23
ibrahim Black People : Serena Williams. Black People Open Forum 3
M Black Sports : Interview/Serena Williams-don't wanna black man!!! Black Sports 39
Omowale Jabali Black Sports : WHAT'S WRONG WITH VENUS AND SERENA? Black Sports 20
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : Serena to lose butte.........? Black Sports 5
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : 2005 TENNIS SERENA "WIN" WILLIAMS Black Sports 7
caramelpython Black Entertainment : Serena Williams Black Entertainment 39
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : why does Serena dress like that? Black Sports 97
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : VENUS & SERENA oldest sister killed Black Entertainment 3
Queenie Black Sports : Venus and Serena Black Sports 7
Bishop Black Poetry : Serena's Groove Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : What the New York Times Gets Wrong About Jesus Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : First African-American FBI agent finally gets recognition Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The World’s Wealthiest Family Gets $4 Million Richer Every Hour Black People Open Forum 0
Ndugu Black People Politics : Do we have a "Just in Case Plan if that fool gets Re- elected?? Black People Politics 11
OldSoul Black People : 'AFRICAN BORN AGAIN' White art director gets grant intended for ‘people of colour’ Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : School janitor gets wonderful surprise for National Custodian’s Day Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Teen who took bus and walked to his graduation gets a new car Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : SENIOR GETS $7M IN SCHOLARSHIPS Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Angola : Angola gets new president after 38 years, but its outgoing leader and family still cling to power Angola 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : video-of-a-black-womans-hanging-gets-posted-on-facebook Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0