Black People : September 11th Never Forget

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
Today is September 11th and all I've heard all week and all day is never forget, the white media is on my arse telling me I should never forget ..so I sat down and came up with some things I think I should never forget.....On September 11th 2001 a Black child died , somebody's brother, sister, father, uncle, grandfather grandmother mother was gunned down because of words, dope, pride, anger, nothing , on september 11th 2001 a Black man or woman was passed over for a promotion that they deserved but could not get because of the color of their skin, on september 11 2001, a Black family was thrown out in the streets because daddy and mama lost their jobs because some white beaurocrat decided to add a couple extra zeros to the bottom line at the end of the month, september 11 2001 a brother or sister somewhere in the United Snakes of America took their first hit of the rock or their first straight shooter of heron and their mind body and soul exploded like them buildings, september 11, 2001, we as a people are still looked upon the same way as we were on any sept 11 from the day we got here but now we're compared to other immigrants and minorities and ethnicities but nobody seems to remember that we are not immigrants we were captives...but everybody I talk to says we should forget that, forget the lynchings, the cross burnings, the police holding our neighborhoods like an army holds a captured country forget massa and the lash, the dogs, the scars, the pain forget it all but never forget what happened to them buildings on sept 11 2001..they say that changed life in America say we now live in a new age of terrorism.....and whenever I talk to ofay I have to remind him that Black folk been living with terrorism for the last 400 and some odd years...if chattel slavery, beatings for reading, families being separated on the sale block, being branded like cattle, hobbling, the cutting off of fingers ears and such for not doing what you were told, hangings, burnings, castrations, night riders, black codes, Jim Crow, police brutality, govt drug importation and distribution in the community if that terrorism then I don't know what is..So in a way the media is right today is a day we should remember I know I will never forget Sept 11 nor the days and years before or after....Never Forget

Mississippi Red

"Nine rules for responding to situations
1. Always expect attack
2. Be ready to respond
3. Know your enemy
4. Know yourself
5. Stay high on the plain
6. Act quickly
7. Never be vulnerable
8. Never expose your weakness
9. Focus on your strength and power"

:bomb:

nabraska

Aug 6, 2004
Yea Red, speak on it cuzz I been doin' the same thing on message boards all today...just go to Destee's "Get Your Flow On" board and look at my piece "Empire's Falling"....keep bringin' the truth

:blob fire: :blob fire: :blob fire:

we've been here 400+ years with our a** on fire!!!

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i was in NYC on that morning.

i lost a buddy there.
they never found a trace of the brother.

it's the type of event you do not forget.
the media hype is superfluous.

i remember thinking "sometimes the chickens come home to roost".

nabraska

Aug 6, 2004
Brotha James from Philly, I am truly and deeply sorry for your loss. I am sure that the friend you lost was a good brotha. I hope you are active in voting and get others involved so that we can get some leadership that will lead this country in a positive and truly democratic fashion. Get out there and vote, protest, and make your voice known!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : September 11th Remembered........ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
O Black Poetry : Post September 11th the black version Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - September 20, 2020 - Signs of a New Civil War Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - September 6, 2020 Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Ethiopia : ENKUTATASH: NEW YEAR FESTIVAL—SEPTEMBER 2019 Ethiopia 0
OldSoul Black People : If you missed September 9, 2018 Consciousness Raising Online Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : SEPTEMBER MOON Chevron Dove 0
Writspirit Black People Politics : Vote on September 9th for Senate Officials Black People Politics 0
Writspirit Black People : Vote on September 9th for Senate Officials Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : September 11 -- The New Pearl Harbor Black People Open Forum 1
skuderjaymes Black People Politics : International Relations: Muammar Gaddafi Speech To United Nations, September 23, 2009 Black People Politics 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : September by. Earth, Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Consciousness Raising OnLine September 30 Noon ET BlogTalkRadio.com/DESTEE OldSoul 0
Ankhur Black Events : Heroic Africans: Legendary Leaders, Iconic Sculptures/Metropolitan Museum September 21, 2011–Januar Black Events 0
Indigo Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing : SEPTEMBER - Earth Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 0
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : September Song - Sarah Vaughn Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Writeous1 Black People : Architects, engineers, and scientists debunk the official September 11 story! Black People Open Forum 2
Chevron Dove Black Hebrew Israelites : SEPTEMBER 14; Hebrew Israelite New Year's Day. Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 4
Amnat77 Haiti : Haitian survivors find refuge in Dominican Republic clinic September 3, 2010 Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BLACK FRIDAY-Friday 13th, September... Christian Study Group 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday September 24, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 17, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 10, 2007, 8PM to 10PM, Voice Chat Black Women 0
G Black People : The Holla from SeeingBlack.com, September 7, 2007 Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 3, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
U Black People : African Development Conference, September 22-23 in St. Petersburg, FL Black People Open Forum 0
C Black Education / Schools : 2006-2007 XEROX TECHNICAL MINORITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION -- Deadline September 15, Black Education / Schools 0
M Black People : September 11 revisited * Black People Open Forum 5
jamesfrmphilly Pan Africanism : National Geographic - September 2005 African American History Culture 7
anAfrican Science and Technology : NerdTV Coming September 6 on PBS Science and Technology 1
7 Black Poetry : Domestic Acceptance (Forgotten September) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
G Quiet Poetry Lounge : September Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
HODEE Black Poetry : September 11 .. a Tribute. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Destee Black Authors : September 2003 - BOP Book Club Chat - Manchild In The Promised Land by Claude Brown Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
L Black People : This is what REALLY happened on 911 that day in September. Black People Open Forum 64
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : SEPTEMBER RAIN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
G Black Poetry : September Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : THE 11th CURTAIN. . . MADE of GOAT HAIR Chevron Dove 4
RAPTOR Black People Politics : This 9/11th will be the 42nd anniv of the US-backed coup against the democratic-elected govt. Black People Politics 0
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : UBEN-HYENG The Ancestral Summons - 11th Anniversary Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Monetary Black Sports : Tszyu "no mas" between 11th round and 12th round Black Sports 5
R Black Poetry : Write a short letter with all sorts of cleverwords that was never heard before endeavorin high school make him take a long walk aftersome strong ta Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Hood made get good grades never got in trouble that persuades others, on the streets a thug but wanna sweep that under a rug flow galore and know the Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Shoot hoops for dollarsand like a group of scholarssearch for knowledgeand never touch garbagedon't want an medieval universityjest eat my legal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black Spirituality Religion : THE MOST SATANIC SONG YOU ALWAYS HEARD BUT NEVER THOUGHT WAS!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
C Black People : The Dream That Never Was Meant To Free Your Mind Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : What it’s like to be a black student at Cambridge University: ‘People there had never met a black girl before’ Black Education / Schools 0
R Black Poetry : A note is a short letter with all sorts of clever words to speak that's never heard on the street, tonight need help to climb a flight of steps to got Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3