Black Poetry : September 11 .. a Tribute.

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Remember, and never forget. The past is in your present mind.
If it wasn't you would be standing. Free. Standing Fine. Worry none.

I wrote a poem after I saw the towers fall. I was preparing for work. I never made it. I never called. I sat and watched as the first one was struck. Never missing the pain. People jumping. Screaming. Crying. Running. Getting away as fast as they could.

Looking back in as much shock as any. Then in the distance the other plane banked a turn.
This can't be real!
Explosions and fire shooting thru the concrete. Then a slow smoking crumble.

One began to fall. Then shortly the other.

I turned to my pain outlet. I wrote about. Ground Zero. Why did they do this. What did we do? Have we been fair. To one. Fair to all. Within these borders across the hall. Remember never forget. Always make it better.

Make a change. Peace be to those that lost. We all grieve for lost life. Lost love.

We talk about the important things.
Making love.
Hearts and minds that sing.
All the pain that comes with it.
Doesn't stop the list.
The list is long the issues many.
Love can conquer all.
But the list still lingers.
I hope my fingers and mind come together in time.
To write the wrong. Incorporate the song into love.
Hunger for one thing is hunger for others.
Protecting one thing protect another.

Stand up.

Hold on the list is long.
I need support.
I must stay strong.
So many things on my plate and list.
Make me raise my head and fist.

Crying out why don't they care.

Taking things for granted.

It has effected me.
Care about you.
Do we they see.
Bleeding inside.

Deep emotions tied to all of this.
Raise my character.

Shake your fist.

Wave a flag do what you must.

All for one one for all.
Work the list.
It is a must.

Eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Help me consume the pain I find.

I'm full.

I'm only one soul.

Gather with me.

Fight with me side by side.

The difference is being made.
Time be told.
Through the years we will look back.
Did our portion.
Reduce the stack.
Did it make a change.

A dent in the pan.
Rambling words to make a point.
Their not ramblings at all.

The true concerns of one.
Are the wishes of many.
Express the grief.

The beginning is clouded in my mind.

Burn the books erase the crime.

Let me live a freedom breath.
Gather my strength.
Beat the chest.
War has no final solution.

Love never ends.
Hate never descends.
Into peace.

No ending in sight.

Love does conquer all.

I just know I can't quit.
As long as I'm breathing.

Walking.

Talking.

Able to think.

Form a statement.

Shake a fist.

I can't quit.

It's your attitude.

=============
Attitudes...

Attitudes crossing lines of a world.
Views of a man, views from a girl.
AMERICA! Black like the men we are.
A view of us makes it hard to descry.
Care if I live. Do you care if I die?
From my past see your offing. It
shines, but can't glow. The latitude
of people. Will let us know.
Unfinished work won't let me
forget. You haven't turned, or dealt
with me yet. Disrespect for me is
the same for you. It's tied to my
past and the things you do.
I'm not free to practice, nor move on
a craft. So your tied to my chains that
you gave me at birth. They see
your not who you play in their sight.
Why do they hate you? Ask that, and I
grin. Raise your head by raising the
man. Attitude changes are in your hands.

(c) Sept. 11, 2001

Hodee

Last edited:

afrostotle

Jun 17, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Occupation
My occupation is whatever I do that requires focus
You shoulda let a brotha know you were holding church.........I **** sho woulda brought an offering.......
This was a blessing, and a lesson.

Thanks for sprinkling wisdom on my soul.........One Love

gempis

May 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Occupation
strength coach
this touches many levels, HODEE. seems like you've covered all that I was thinking that day and since. thanks for putting this up here - it's wonderful.

true love

Aug 27, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
i'm with gempis...you touched many levels. i don't think there's anybody in this country that doesn't remember what they were doing on this day. and the memories are so vivid it seems like yesterday. and after all this time...we still have so much healing to do.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
this well spoken here
u had my ear and i say u
reach every level it was
REMEMBERING !!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - September 20, 2020 - Signs of a New Civil War Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - September 6, 2020 Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Ethiopia : ENKUTATASH: NEW YEAR FESTIVAL—SEPTEMBER 2019 Ethiopia 0
OldSoul Black People : If you missed September 9, 2018 Consciousness Raising Online Black People Open Forum 0
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : SEPTEMBER MOON Chevron Dove 0
Writspirit Black People Politics : Vote on September 9th for Senate Officials Black People Politics 0
Writspirit Black People : Vote on September 9th for Senate Officials Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : September 11 -- The New Pearl Harbor Black People Open Forum 1
skuderjaymes Black People Politics : International Relations: Muammar Gaddafi Speech To United Nations, September 23, 2009 Black People Politics 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : September by. Earth, Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Consciousness Raising OnLine September 30 Noon ET BlogTalkRadio.com/DESTEE OldSoul 0
Ankhur Black Events : Heroic Africans: Legendary Leaders, Iconic Sculptures/Metropolitan Museum September 21, 2011–Januar Black Events 0
Indigo Blues Audio Video Web Conferencing : SEPTEMBER - Earth Wind and Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 0
Ms Drea Black People : Breaking News: Troy Davis to be Executed on September 21st‏- E-Mail from NAACP Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : September Song - Sarah Vaughn Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Writeous1 Black People : Architects, engineers, and scientists debunk the official September 11 story! Black People Open Forum 2
Chevron Dove Black Hebrew Israelites : SEPTEMBER 14; Hebrew Israelite New Year's Day. Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 4
Amnat77 Haiti : Haitian survivors find refuge in Dominican Republic clinic September 3, 2010 Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BLACK FRIDAY-Friday 13th, September... Christian Study Group 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday September 24, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 17, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 10, 2007, 8PM to 10PM, Voice Chat Black Women 0
G Black People : The Holla from SeeingBlack.com, September 7, 2007 Black People Open Forum 0
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, September 3, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Black Women 0
U Black People : African Development Conference, September 22-23 in St. Petersburg, FL Black People Open Forum 0
Aaliyahmonet Black Poetry : September 11th Remembered........ Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
C Black Education / Schools : 2006-2007 XEROX TECHNICAL MINORITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION -- Deadline September 15, Black Education / Schools 0
M Black People : September 11 revisited * Black People Open Forum 5
jamesfrmphilly Pan Africanism : National Geographic - September 2005 African American History Culture 7
anAfrican Science and Technology : NerdTV Coming September 6 on PBS Science and Technology 1
M Black People : September 11th Never Forget Black People Open Forum 3
7 Black Poetry : Domestic Acceptance (Forgotten September) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
G Quiet Poetry Lounge : September Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Destee Black Authors : September 2003 - BOP Book Club Chat - Manchild In The Promised Land by Claude Brown Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
L Black People : This is what REALLY happened on 911 that day in September. Black People Open Forum 64
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : SEPTEMBER RAIN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
O Black Poetry : Post September 11th the black version Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
G Black Poetry : September Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Tribute 2 Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing African American History Culture 1
OldSoul Black People : Little Richard Penniman Tribute Thread Black People Open Forum 3
OldSoul Black People : ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE (Detroit’s Tribute to The Funk) Black People Open Forum 0
N Black People : Tribute to John witherspoon Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Tribute or prank? New statue of Melania Trump in Slovenia confounds residents Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black People : TRIBUTE!!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Never Too Much (Vandross Tribute) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Ava DuVernay Pays Tribute To Michelle Obama's Slave Ancestor Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Okonta kosi Black Poetry : EPA DOMOR (A TRIBUTE TO AN AFRICAN FATHER) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Writspirit Black People : Tribute to the Legendary Gloria Lynne on BlakeRadio Black People Open Forum 0