Black People : Separating the Conscious from the Unconscious

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been here a long time, and have seen many attempts by Members to separate themselves from the unconscious of us. As i type this, i'm reminded of how similar this is to the "saved" and "unsaved" rhetoric many of us are familiar with.

I'm often left baffled when i read such, because the person usually saying it, was once unconscious too, yet they speak so haughtily of the conscious, as though they were born into that number. I don't get it. It's as though they are conscious by their own hand, and not as a result of someone laboring with them, sharing the knowledge and information.

There is no great difference between any of us, yet we create these demarcations and delineations, as if they actually mean something. As if your now being conscious, is the answer to all of our people's problems. That the war is now over, thanks to you and your consciousness.

Excuse me Sister, Brother, but you're still in the same boat with the rest of us.

It's such a thin line, that crossing over it, is hardly reason for one to set themselves above another.

If anything, it seems to me, that it would encourage you to reach back and give to those who have yet to become conscious (if being conscious is important). Strive to give to others, what was given to you, so they too can see. But instead, unconscious Sisters and Brothers are treated as aliens from another planet ... when you were one of them, not very long ago.

It's the same with thug, criminal, convict, etc. Based on the thread we have here, more than 80% of us have Family Members that could qualify for these designations. Yes, our own Fathers, Brothers, Sons, Uncles, Cousins, etc. Again, we are not so far removed from this reality, that we can point fingers, and act as though it could never be our end ... when it is in fact, our (collective) end, if it is happening to our Family. Add to that, the fact that we live in a system that has been set up to make that be your end, if you're not paying very very very close attention.

I guess the point of this post, is to suggest that we are not very different at all ... conscious or unconscious.

We must be very careful, when we begin separating our selves from each other.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

:jawdrop:

:SuN013:

:eeek:

How dare you right handed, close minded, female, southern, member of the wrong hedonistic church, and an obvious hater of those of us that are left handed, trully GOD fearing, northern, males and lovers of truth, say such a thing.

:slobber:;):laugh:
    :laugh:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    You kooda just said ... "Hi Destee" ... if you wanted to speak to me ... smh ... :nono:

Love You Kemetstry! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

:SuN013:

Wha???????????

;)

5. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Destee, your mind must be working in stair steppping motion, you have a few threads going and they all tie into each other hand in hand like links to a chain...

"Separating the Conscious from the Unconscious"

"What Do We AGREE On?"

"Who Controls Our Collective Success?"

Astrologer4U

6. mizjoice

mizjoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

to encourage and support
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thank you, Sister Destee!

I know exactly what you are talking about! In a lot of ways, so-call conscious folk dismiss unconscious folk--without really taking the time to discover all they might TRUELY know.....I think this is called pre-judging!

Thanks for expressing a sentiment I have often felt........

7. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    I guess only a "Black" woman.

:)

Men, I think. . .have problems with their self-image. In a different way than women.

When I was sleep-walking and a traitor to my people. I was. . .grotesque. And when I think about myself back then, it is hard to like myself. Things are so obvious now. . .and I have always thought myself exceptionally intelligent. But something so simple. . .I just could not see.

Sometimes it is hard to think about those days, Sister Destee. I look at other brothas today and had I continued down that path, I can't help thinking about just how lost would I be.

The man I was. . .would have been your enemy, my Sister. I think that a greater power guided me back home, because looking at where I was, I can't even see the path to where I am now.

Mayhap there were Africans out there praying for me.

But when I see other lost brothas out there, I guess that those old days come back. I know how they think. I know what they dismiss in their thinking. The evidence that they invalidate with Eurocentric thinking. They actually cut themselves off from us.

Yes, I made it. But by the grace of God.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    1. Change only comes when a person is 100% dissatisfied...not 75% or 40% but 100%.

2. Everybody does not want to know the truth, that we must accept. Why so?...because with it comes "responsibility and everyone doesn't want that either."

3. We can not forget "fear"...for many of our people are afraid, insecure and just plain beat down to the point of not wanting to know.

4. Conscious people have a legacy in America. I don't have to tell you what it is...most of us already know. Even Martin L. King was almost killed by a Black man in New York...so consciousness has its price also and everyone understandably does not want to pay it.

5. Who said; "Ignorance is Bliss?"...I don't know but it's a 100% true and evn those we may call unconscious are conscious enough to know that "knowing certain things would only make them unhappy"...so they make a conscious choice "not to know".

6.Thanks to Cointel Pro and other programs, even the conscious do not know who to trust...and so there is always separation, validation and constant watching and listening just to see "who they can actually be collective with.

7. As you can see, White supremacy and white people have done their job well...so don't be confused cause I'm not. The wheat must always be separated from the chafe. The grass must always be separated from the weeds. The good must always be separated from the evil. The living must be separated from the dead...so why wouldn't the conscious be separated from the unconscious until that is not needed?

8. No one ever helps those who are not striving to help themselves...of course for the religious we could say that "God helps those who help themselves." Imagine me trying to get you a job and you ain't even going out to look for one? Imagine me giving you the best works by the best black scholars out there and you never open one of them to read it? Imagine me providing all the information and assistance you may require and you never check it out or plug into what I have provided? This is pretty much our condition in America. In America there exist people and organizations that reach out for and to our people every day and week. We have had these people and organizations for over 80 years in America. So in reality the "conscious" are always in their own way reaching out to the unconscious. When we the mass education of "our own babies" then we won't have to do this because it will become second nature in them. Psychologist have determined that a person learns more between birth and 7 years of age than the rest of their lives. A famous Pope once said; "Give me your child between birth and 7 and then you can have them back".

So from birth to 7 our children are bombarded with their images, their media, their value system, their version of religion, their daycare structures, their definitions, their effect of a "cause that many of our people bought into" that affects our perception of our own people. I need not draw this out any longer because I am quite clear in what I've said and what I've said is quite clear to those who have working minds to think, analyze and see for themselves what the value may or may not be in what I've stated.
    [/B

9. smalllady

smalllady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    After Katrina alot of blackfolks were just about done with America... The Government saw this and now we have Obama....*sigh*

10. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Here is jjust another way to look at it. God heard our prayers and now we have Obama.