Black Relationships : Separate Vacations

Hmmmm, it's just something I thought of because I take two or 3 vacations a year. Two are usually without my daughter. I just feel a true vacation is getting away from EVERYTHING and totally relaxing and enjoying a new city.

But once a year I like to go with her and we share a new experience.

That got me to thinking...if I marry...would my husband mind/allow me to go on a vacation alone as well as take one with him? or would he feel like the trip had alterior motives?

Its hard to say Carrie, me and my wife have always vacationed together. But once at our destination, she may spend time with her sister ( she lives in Atlanta, while I'm staying at my mothers ( In Missouri ) . We once spent the summer apart, she was in Atlanta, and I was in Missouri. But we met in Missouri, and then she returned to Atlanta. I came back to California. We didn't spend everynight together when she came to Missouri either. I stayed stationary, and she moved house to house. I am tired of the house travels every two /three days. Makes you feel like a nomad, living out of a suit case, and packing that thing so much.

My wife travels now for her job, the only other time we didn't travel together was when I traveled for different companies. If she really wanted to go on a trip without me.. :crying: what could I do...

She did want me to travel this summer with our kids, but I opted to wait, for her to get some time off. We have been doing everything togther for so long now. Been together for thirty - one years...twenty-one of those married.

To me a true vacation is just leaving home, and being with family.. and friends I havent seen in years. Oh yea.. room service.

Hodee,
I suppose you do have a point.
I have yet to marry or be with a man who enjoys exploring the way that I do. So I suppose I may not want to vacation alone if I were in love, but that is why I asked the question...just wondering if those involved DO take separate vacations.

...Then I get a vision of Indonesia or Tahiti...where the cabins sit on the water and you can see the ocean through the floor...I most definitely would not want to be there alone.
;)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back