Black Relationships : Separate Vacations

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by CarrieMonet, Aug 16, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    If you are married or involved in a long term relationship...would it bother you if your spouse/mate wanted to take separate vacations? Maybe once a year you go on a vacation together, and one alone or with friends?

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Ohhh, I don't know about that one. I would hope that my wife would not feel the need to go on vacation without me. If so.....why? With whom and where? I think that would have to be discussed. Especially if were talking about a week or two vacation.

3. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmmm, it's just something I thought of because I take two or 3 vacations a year. Two are usually without my daughter. I just feel a true vacation is getting away from EVERYTHING and totally relaxing and enjoying a new city.

But once a year I like to go with her and we share a new experience.

That got me to thinking...if I marry...would my husband mind/allow me to go on a vacation alone as well as take one with him? or would he feel like the trip had alterior motives?

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Its hard to say Carrie, me and my wife have always vacationed together. But once at our destination, she may spend time with her sister ( she lives in Atlanta, while I'm staying at my mothers ( In Missouri ) . We once spent the summer apart, she was in Atlanta, and I was in Missouri. But we met in Missouri, and then she returned to Atlanta. I came back to California. We didn't spend everynight together when she came to Missouri either. I stayed stationary, and she moved house to house. I am tired of the house travels every two /three days. Makes you feel like a nomad, living out of a suit case, and packing that thing so much.

My wife travels now for her job, the only other time we didn't travel together was when I traveled for different companies. If she really wanted to go on a trip without me.. :crying: what could I do...

She did want me to travel this summer with our kids, but I opted to wait, for her to get some time off. We have been doing everything togther for so long now. Been together for thirty - one years...twenty-one of those married.

To me a true vacation is just leaving home, and being with family.. and friends I havent seen in years. Oh yea.. room service.

5. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hodee,
    I suppose you do have a point.
    I have yet to marry or be with a man who enjoys exploring the way that I do. So I suppose I may not want to vacation alone if I were in love, but that is why I asked the question...just wondering if those involved DO take separate vacations.

...Then I get a vision of Indonesia or Tahiti...where the cabins sit on the water and you can see the ocean through the floor...I most definitely would not want to be there alone.
    ;)

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i can't see anything wrong with it i love to venture alone without
    my mate once in a while

7. George

George New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Just took one

I just returned from my "separate" vacation to Aruba. I do have a girlfriend, and we both went there in July. However, she was and still is a bit chilly to my having gone without her. Chilly like in hot ice. Anyway, this too shall pass, or we'll split up. I guess I'm really making a statement about the future of our relationship even though she is really my best friend. I don't think 4 days is such a big deal. I'm being smothered and can't find a good way to end it. We won't be friends if we spilt up. It's all or Nathan with her. I have traveled all over the world and love to explore, people watch, etc. If I were married, I would have to get permission. That's why I'm not. She's pissed though. Now what?

8. CarrieMonet

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    George,
    That sounds like a trust issue, like she assumes you must have gone with someone or met someone there since you didn't want her along. When I was with my ex, I told him right away that I believe in taking trips alone on occasion...so when it came up, he was already aware of it. He didn't mind at all, and when I got home we showed one another how much we missed each other!! :wink:

9. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    i understand the other responds and i think its a compliment and nice if you share that always together . (i would,t have a problem with that to)......

but i wouldt mind to if my partner would travel a lone ""NOT TO LONG OF COURSE"" i like to travel alone myself to ....and take pictures and stuff...

I woulndt stop him if he wants to travel with his friends ones in a while ...

AS LONG AT THE RELATIONSHIP IS REAL STABEL AND BASSED ON TRUTH AND REAL LOVE AND KNOWS WHERE TEMPTATION BEGANS AND 100% SHURE THAT THOSE ARE FRIENDS AND NOT !

UNDERCOVER LOVERFRIENDS..... :maddd:

AND IF HE MESSES UP ! :court:

I<M G >O > N > E