Pan Africanism : Senegal's powerful brotherhoods

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Sep 22, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4268342.stm

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    This article is awesome, I wish we had this type of unity over here.

3. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    Interesting you should post this article, Pan. My husband not only is a Mourride but also relative of Cheikh Amadou Bamba's closest and trusted friend Ibraham Fall. In Senegal these brothers where Bi-Fall clothes which is multi-colored patch work type of clothes. These colors were designed by Ibraham Fall.

My husband's life goal is to educate all Afrakans about Cheik Amadou Bamba and his peaceful resistance to the French controlling the Senegal region. He is their Martin Luther King, and Ibraham Fall was our Malcolm X. They have a beautiful city, dedicated to him called Touba, where his is buried.

It is true, myself being among the Mourrides, they a unified, lovers of Cheikh Amadou Bamba. HIs picture is everywhere.

Another addition to this story, is the way the mother of Cheikh Amadou Bamba , Mame Diarra Busso of Prokhane, is honored. Many women in Senegal are named after her.

Also pilgramages (along with sacrafices and rituals) to Touba and Prokhane are done by thousands of Afrakans not just from Senegal, but Guinea, Mali, etc. every year.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Very interesting thanks for sharing sister Pdiane!