Black Education / Schools : Send Your Child to College Debt Free

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by ct, Aug 5, 2006.

1. ct

ct Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I have created a blog which is a college preparation infrastructure for high school students along with valuable information for undergraduates and postgraduates students.

The blog is to be used as a college resource for providing information on scholarships, internships, and a colleges preparation infrasture on various areas of college topics. The audience is high school students, parents, under-graduates and graduates students.

Current there are millions and millions of dollars in scholarships/internships opportunities located on the blog.

Please visit asap because some of the deadlines are approaching and news opportunities have been added. I also include a 37-page College Prep document for 12th graders as they prepare to go to college. The plan that I provide does work.

One of the things I am trying to avoid with the "Class of 2007" and any future classes along with current college students that they can get monies, if they search properly and/or know how to retrieve the information.

Currently many of the scholarships/opportunities for the "Class of 2007" have begun. Scholarships such as the Bill Gates, Benjamin Gillard International Scholarships, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation College Scholarship Award, The Horatio Alger Scholarship, Tylenol Scholarships, Tutution Reductions (Harvard, Stanford, Rhodes, etc.), Wendy Heisman, and many more.

Other important deadlines for conferences/internships are approaching for current college students:

InRoads application deadline (Freshmans/Sophmores in college)
    Annual BioMedical Research Conference for Minority Students
    ACSM Travel Awards (Deadline: 8/14/06)
    ASHG Minority Travel Awards (Deadline: 8/11/06)
    ROCKY '06 (ISCB) Travel Awards (Deadline: 10/10/06)
    2nd Annual National Black Pre-Law Conference/Law Fair

*** U.S. Department of Education Announces New Academic Grants for Students *** (just starting in 2007)

Overall, this is just a few of many opportunities that can be received from my college preparation blog located at: http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com. Take advantage of the various search engines for high school students, undergraduates, and postgraduate students. Examples of keyword searches are: under-represented, minority, black, african american, women, diversity, etc.

It is important that the students commit to performing community service hours. Diversity is the big word in getting scholarships and community service plays a big role.

Please spread the word and make a difference in someone life.

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    it is appreciated...:welldone:

3. ct

Ratings:
    +7
    Deadlines are Approaching

Some of the scholarship deadlines are approaching this week and in the near future, please apply now....Don't get left out of inroads, this is an excellent program.

4. ct

Ratings:
    +7
    Hey,

I just wanted to thank you again for the info that you forward.
    Brittney also got the Coalition of 100 Black Women Scholarship.
    We got the info off of your emails. Brittney did get enough scholarship
    money to cover all expenses including meal plan and books with money
    to spare. She got a lot of one time $1000 scholarships, but they added up.

We moved Brittney to Knoxville and got her settled in this weekend.
    believe it or not, I did not cry. I just prayed over her and left her in
    God's hands. I just hope that I did all the things that a good mother
    is supposed to do.

I hope all is well with you and yours. Never think that you are not
    appreciated. YES, you are. Thanks for all that you do. I try to stay
    pretty informed, but I still gained a lot from your sessions and email/blog.
    Just imagine what a blessing you've been to the parents/students who
    don't have a clue. Take care...

Barb

5. ct

Ratings:
    +7
    Scholarships Deadlines Approaching

Just a quick reminder that some of the deadlines are approaching...please check blog at: http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com to apply.

Callie

6. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Ct.. thank you very much for this information. I have a 9th grader and I am trying to stay informed as to what/how so that we can take full advantage of all that is out there.

Again, thank you very much!!!

7. ct

Ratings:
    +7
    Sonnee01, if you haven't done so already, get your child enrolled in a community service program that he can get his/her community service hours from and use them when he/she applies for colleges/scholarships You want him/her to volunteer at an agency that will place him/her on a national level when he/she competes with other students across the country. For instance, United Way of the Midsouth in Memphis is an example of one, along with the NAACP Youth Program, Urban League, Boys and Girls Club, Girls/Boys Scout, etc.

You seem to be on track, because the grades count from the 9th - 12th grade. Also ahre the infor with your friends. I currently have millions and millions of dollars in scholarships along with internships on my blog (http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com)

Again, thanks for replying....