Black Entertainment : Selma --- Oprah's Non-Bioptics Movie about MLK, Jr.

Today's generation is so detached, and ignorant of their history from that era, and as a whole here in America that it's a waste. If I had my choice, I rather one be made about X. We've gotten out rumps kicked enough throughout history.

Peace!

In all due candor and honesty, me and mine were inspired by ongoing movements, today's young new activists were and are by some of us, too...

Please let's don't make overgeneralizations about them, since so many of them also expect so much from us, regardless of who were or are activists, etc.

Via the here and now, only our commitments to what we and/or they are actually doing or saying can or should matter...

FYI

Many of these young blacks have no respect for their elders and hate black men in general.

Among the MANY IGNORANT statements i've read by young black men, is this statement by the rapper / "activist" called Nas:

http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2008/07/topic/topic/news/nas-says-jesse-jackson-is-done/

Okay Nas, you claim to be "the voice" now.

So, what you got???

BvWcPmjIMAAlOeH.jpg:medium

Last edited:
In all due candor and honesty, me and mine were inspired by ongoing movements, today's young new activists were and are by some of us, too...

Please let's don't make overgeneralizations about them, since so many of them also expect so much from us, regardless of who were or are activists, etc.

Via the here and now, only our commitments to what we and/or they are actually doing or saying can or should matter...

FYI

I see your point.

But I heard this before and I believe it, I guess what I'm looking for is visibility. Ya see King and X was out there, you not only heard them but you saw them.

I went and did a search of these new and young black civil rights leaders, and this is what I came up with.

8 “LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL” IN CIVIL RIGHTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
http://www.empowermagazine.com/8-leaders-new-school-civil-rights-know/

Now many of these groups are made up of teens, living at home, so how much risk do you think their parents are going to let them take? The group that is based in my home town Chicago, I know they are going into the areas where it hot, even the grown folks are doing it. It's not overgeneralization if they have came thru the school system where it's a fact that our history has been all but phased out. It's not overgeneralization when you hear black crediting Greeks like Pythagoras with a theorem that was clearly practiced, and used by blacks that lived way before his time. There is no mistake, they have been taught by a white supremacist system, and it's now up to us to teach our kids our history.

Peace!

FYI

Looking at the goal that we face, and those groups I pasted I fell this need to be done solely by us. X had the same opinion about working with other races to help solve our problems. I personally feel that generally only another black is going to understand my plight and views.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back