Black People : Sell Your Broken Unwanted Gold

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 9, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

lol ... this is so funnee to me ... that phrase ... i don't really know why ... but it is

... sell your broken and unwanted gold ...

Have you seen these places, or at least, the commercials ... telling us to do this?

I don't know ... i guess you have to first have some gold to sell ... to take the commercial seriously.

But, even if i had some ... i'd probably not sell it. I'm not a "sell her stuff" kinda Sister.

I tend to think quite highly of my stuff (broken or otherwise), and it all has sentimental value, it would be hard to sell it.

I've not sold anything really, that i can think of ... and if i did, i'd probably regret it.

I've never even had a yard sale ... in my life ... though i love going to them.

If i had something that i didn't want anymore, that might have value to another, i'd probably give it away, before selling it.

I don't know ... those commercials are kinda funny to me.

Though i've heard, one can get a lot of money doing this, if they have lots of gold to sell ... :look:

Have yall sold your broken or unwanted gold? Did you get a pile of money?

What's really up with that ... this whole gold rush stuff ... can anyone explain that?

Thanks in advance.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

..........Sell Your Broken Unwanted Gold

Sister Destee,

Considering my limited knowledge of the money market, its my view that gold should be kept as you say, inflation could very well negate paper currency and if that happens, then any sort of gold, silver or copper, even coins, for that matter becomes valuable and could be bartered. So yes, I would say hold onto gold, silver, copper and coins, for sure.

3. allgonemilw

allgonemilw Member MEMBER

Transcriptionist
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm recently divorced (a few months ago). i've been thinking about selling our wedding bands. i wouldn't dare go to any of those places i see on TV though. here's the thing....what it sounds like is that you call a number and they send you some sort of shipment package (it's supposed to be "secure"), then you put your unwanted/broken gold in the so-called secure package and send it back to them.....trusting that they will send you money back, not just send money back but a reasonable amount of money for what you sent in.

there are so many things wrong with that.

those bands have sentiment to me but i haven't been able to look at them and they're locked away. i haven't been able to look at the wedding album either. still, i haven't been able to part with those things yet.

the day will probably come when they become "unwanted" (probably better described as broken), i'll make sure that i go through the right people.

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Sister allgone

Makes a great point. There is something really wrong and the buying group can't be trusted to send a reasonable amount for your gold.

Destee what this programs has set up is. A market for thieves.
    Someone snatching chains off necks, robbing, break and entering. This is a perfect market. For Crooks and Thieves. With no record or concern of where the gold or jewelry came from.

Why do they want to get all the Gold they can. A Million before July?

Maybe brother Clyde's points have some validity. This year it is expected that the market will crash hard again. That preacher on the 700 club. Is saying this several times. That he suspects that the market and banks will crash again. He is talking about and telling his listeners to go buy GOLD! Strange. Some other Conservative talk show host. Like Glen Beck. Has been telling folks that listen to him to buy GOLD as well. So has Rush Limbaugh. They all are conservatives and are telling their listeners and followers to be ready for something.:qqb010:

5. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I saw a report one of the news networks did on this about 3 weeks ago (I believe it was NBC).
    They bought some new gold, then had it all appraised at a reputable dealer. They purchased 4 identical sets of items, then sent 3 of them to the most notable gold buyers you see on those t.v. commercials. The forth set they took to a regular pawn shop.
    Long story short, the pawn shop gave them more for the gold than either of the t.v. buyers. Actually, they only got a fraction of what the items were really worth, which means the turn around for them is big once they melt it down and sell it themselves.
    I guess the moral is really to just keep it. Even though the pawn shop paid more, you're still getting ripped off (unless you actually plan to go back and pick it up). So I would just keep it, get it repaired, pass it on to family or whatever. Just don't those rip off dealers another payment on their Jags.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    most are not real don't do it.............