Black People : Self-Talk

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Is it really true that the more you tell yourself something, the more it can come true, and the more you act on those self-talks you've been giving? For example, say you're in a relationship where you know you have revolved your life around them, and you have realize you keep getting yourself in that same trap over and over again and being unhappy as a result, and one day you decide to tell yourself that you are unhappy and that that person is not the center of your world and you keep telling yourself that over and over. Will it eventually ring true? Would love you guys' feedback.

There is something to that. Determination is where I am going here, as the more you say you are going to accomplish something and you are focused to make it happen you either make it happen or have some sort of positive venture on the road to that wanted accomplishment. So I suppose that can apply to the negative as well.

Is it really true that the more you tell yourself something, the more it can come true, and the more you act on those self-talks you've been giving? For example, say you're in a relationship where you know you have revolved your life around them, and you have realize you keep getting yourself in that same trap over and over again and being unhappy as a result, and one day you decide to tell yourself that you are unhappy and that that person is not the center of your world and you keep telling yourself that over and over. Will it eventually ring true? Would love you guys' feedback.

Seems like Mantra or Prayer. Also seems like re-orientation to agency. I.e. problems may result from object-status as opposed subject-status. When you change from object to subject, your victimhood changes and you're better suited to problem solving.

Kind of like confronting a math problem. If you say, "I can't solve," you likely won't. Your relationship to the problem is such that you wouldn't try if you can't. Meanwhile, if you say, "I can solve," you would more likely go through the procedures of solving the problem and that can make you solve it.

Marcus Garvey put it this way, "If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back