destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

Over the weekend i had what someone referred to as an epiphany. I was in the chat room talking to a couple of our Sisters and all of a sudden i felt this overwhelming feeling to preach / teach. Now hold on, i don't know enough about any of the religious texts to teach on them, so whatever i felt i was being called to do, it wasn't surrounding these texts ... i don't believe. I don't know. I've never felt anything like this before. I am surprised as any of you might be.

I have heard folk talk of "being called of God" and could only imagine what such a thing felt like ... but i think i know now. Real weird.

Anyway, i don't think i've been called to preach, as we all know that to be ... but instead, after further discussion and sharing my experience with others ... i think it means that i need to hold my own class in our voice chat. So look forward to that, cause it's gonna happen.

I've always encouraged everyone to have a class, and i've talked of having my own with others, but never acted on it ... just wasn't in my heart to do. But now i feel that it is ... i think that's the calling i received ... again, i'm not sure.

Just sharing the experience with yall. Wanting to know more about folk who consider themselves "self ordained" ... if you're not self ordained, what are you?

Does it always require some group of folk to ordain you?

Are you more qualified, capable, etc., of doing a task, if others ordain you to do it vs ordaining yourself?

Again ... don't yall get scared or nuth'n ... i admit that i don't know enough about much to be teaching on anything ... but there is a tiny little bit of stuff that i can teach on.

Are preachers teachers?

Are teachers preachers?

Are most preachers "self ordained?"

I did a search and found this definition for self-ordained:

Ordained by oneself rather than by others; practicing by one's own authority: a self-ordained foreign policy expert.
So self ordained does not specifically pertain to religion.

I'm putting this thread in the religious forum, because it seems appropriate, but i think it could go in the open forum too.

Let's talk Family ... do you consider yourself "self ordained" in any area of your life? How did you know it was yours to do?

:heart:

Destee

If I May

Destee said:
Hello Family,

Over the weekend i had what someone referred to as an epiphany. I was in the chat room talking to a couple of our Sisters and all of a sudden i felt this overwhelming feeling to preach / teach. Now hold on, i don't know enough about any of the religious texts to teach on them, so whatever i felt i was being called to do, it wasn't surrounding these texts ... i don't believe. I don't know. I've never felt anything like this before. I am surprised as any of you might be.

I have heard folk talk of "being called of God" and could only imagine what such a thing felt like ... but i think i know now. Real weird.

Anyway, i don't think i've been called to preach, as we all know that to be ... but instead, after further discussion and sharing my experience with others ... i think it means that i need to hold my own class in our voice chat. So look forward to that, cause it's gonna happen.

I've always encouraged everyone to have a class, and i've talked of having my own with others, but never acted on it ... just wasn't in my heart to do. But now i feel that it is ... i think that's the calling i received ... again, i'm not sure.

Just sharing the experience with yall. Wanting to know more about folk who consider themselves "self ordained" ... if you're not self ordained, what are you?

Does it always require some group of folk to ordain you?

Are you more qualified, capable, etc., of doing a task, if others ordain you to do it vs ordaining yourself?

Again ... don't yall get scared or nuth'n ... i admit that i don't know enough about much to be teaching on anything ... but there is a tiny little bit of stuff that i can teach on.

Are preachers teachers?

Are teachers preachers?

Are most preachers "self ordained?"

I did a search and found this definition for self-ordained:

So self ordained does not specifically pertain to religion.

I'm putting this thread in the religious forum, because it seems appropriate, but i think it could go in the open forum too.

Let's talk Family ... do you consider yourself "self ordained" in any area of your life? How did you know it was yours to do?

:heart:

Destee

Never Preach Always ( Teach ) , And Never Fear Being Question On What Your Teaching . And ReSeach Your Information . And Remember Their Are People LQQking For Truth , And Their Some Only LQQking For You To Rub Their Little Ego , Those Are The Ones You Have To LQQk Out For
Good Luck

Who ordains

People are self serving but not self ordained. How is that? Well every person has a spirit and the stirring of your spirit compels one to preach no matter the issue. Though I agree with Brother Issa as far as teaching is concerned, I disagree about preaching. One who is able to teach effectively has mastery of the subject they are teaching. This is important but preaching ministers to the spirit. Preaching is of the spirit for the spirits of all. When one is ordained they are in constant contact with a spirit. This can be good or bad. It is good when the Holy Spirit of God stirs our spirit. The Holy Spirit instructs us to carry out God's will. This is why we must not resist God's Spirit. How do we know when God is speaking to us? God say His people know His voice like sheep know the voice of their Good Sheppard. So be receptive to the Spirit of God and He will guide you.

Peace

Radical Faith

What is it to be "Ordained" ?

MA`AT Hotep

Any one can go to the local "City-Hall" and obtain a application to become a "Ordained" Minister. Now, think about this. That is all it takes for any one who wants to, can be "Ordained" just by filling out an application and turning it in with a fee.

This will allow you to...among other things, Preform Weddings, Baptism, Funerals and other write offs for tax credit. Did G-d or Jesus call these persons to..."Preach"... or then...who gave them the order to do so ?

We (Africans in Amerikkka) have More Churches in our Communities than any one on Earth, yet we are Suffering the Most from every kind of human problem,...Why?? What is there that is being taught by these so-called Preachers and so-called Sunday school Teachers...that will up lift our people to liberate them selves out of oppression ??

According to Funk and Wagnals Standard Dictionary of the English Language; Ordain: means ... "To give formal orders for; appoint or establish, especially by law or decree". This word has noting to do with being "Holy". None of the Holy Prophets...according to myth...were "Ordained" by any one except the G-d taught to us in those books.

Did you know that your application can be refused by the court if...you don't follow the gide-lines set by this legal document? Is this a G-d or a Man's law ??

The Holy Prophet "Jesus" says in the Bible, ... "Your Own Faith Saves You". All of the Holy Prophets were Leaders, Teachers, Preachers among other things. Why would the Creator of All-Things move any person to speak in a Language that "No One Understands,...not evern the Person "Speaking" (in tongs) the Words" ??

We African in Amerikkka, Have been taught by the Open-Enemy and today...don't remember what purpose that enemy brought us here to Amerikkka ... for. Ask yourself ... "At what point did the slave masters or the children of the slave masters decide that they wanted to save our "Black" souls ???

Ase`

This is interesting.
Jesus did three things in His ministry. In Matthew 4:23 it states,"And Jesus went about all Galilee TEACHING in their synagogues, PREACHING the Gospel of the kingdom, and HEALING..................
Everyone wants to teach and see themselves as doing just that, however, no one wants to preach.
Anyone can teach, but be careful what you open your Spirit up to when reading, as not every teaching is ANNOINTED by God.
If you feel compelled to teach, go for it, but get ready when and if the annointing falls and dont be surprised to see yourself preaching. :hi: After all, Jesus did say,"PREACH the Gospel"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back