Black People : Self hatred / Self Love ; Which one builds, which one destroys??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Open for discussion

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    can we beat up on folks to get them healed, if we assume something is wrong, wether we are right or not?

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

the answer is (C)....

4. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    great point

hate can build and destroy and love can do the same, hate built alot of industries and love has too.

though i understand why the question is posed and i'll say that, i'd rather use the love to build and destroy the hate.

5. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Both , IMHO. When energy is applied it can build or destroy ?

To truly love others, One must love oneself, which is impossible if you are filled with self-hatred. We have to crawl before we walk.

We aren’t born with self-hatred. Self-hatred grows from the early ways we are nurtured (or not), through assumptions we make about ourselves from interactions with parents, other family members, teachers, friends and strangers early on.

Many black children's childhood created a self-hatred so unbearable that, they shut down. They learn to distrust their perceptions to such an extent that it's impossible to separate what they thought and felt from what others thought and felt. They have no center, No core sense of who they are, only self-hatred.

AS they grow older, the self-hatred grew stronger and the long list of how they longed to be different began: Starts in varies ways. Streaking hair blonde hair instead of black; straight, not curly; wanting to belong to another family—feeling like an alien with their my own. Being tease and tortured in school by others. Black on black mistreatment is usually starts real young. Bleaching skin, etc . The list of character traits varies and it's manifested in many , many ways.

The lost of Michael Jackson screams these early traits.

Self-hatred led to disastrous choices in relationships and devastating consequences. Even with financial success, Self hatred does not feed the soul and leaves them lonely regardless how many people are around them. They will do anything to fit into what is accepted in western culture and society whom ultimates defined us. Yes, Even our blackness unfortunately. ( If we let them )

Trying to fit into an society defined by others not their own. To get rid of self hatred, we must learn to identify with success ( Measured , define for us by us, accepted by us. ) Self acceptance is the first step that can lead to self love.

Nothing kills my heart more so then to watch us use negative taught behavior patterns by exemplifying self hatred and using that to tear each other apart. Nothing kills the black soul faster.

With that said, Self hatred can build as self love can build. But what self hatred builds is many lost black souls. What self love can build, is strong people striving to build nations.

Thanks and Peace

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Thank you and this post was in regards to the hatred of other Black folks because of their religion or faith, that has been posted over and over and over here at Destee

7. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    I appreciate this

I don't need to tell you the story, we were beaten to be in this condition to begin with. It wasn't easy to get to this point and it's not going to be easy to change centuries of dogma.

I don't think anyone has "hatred" towards other black people for their religion or faith. Our hatred is towards dogmas built to break us down that are now used as doctrine.

I love Black People, if i didn't why would i be so passionate?

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    yes there are emotions but there is also logic.

I personally choose to be Christian have a knowledge of world religions and with all the written literature on African religions from many diffrerent nations in Africa it is only here that I see the Alaashe'.

Now let us deal with your premiss that this thing as we say was forced and it is an opiate,
    do you get someone off of opiates by constant endless ridicule or do you do so by the actual techniques used to get some ne off of an opiate?

which are well known to the many sScientologists on the board and those dealing with mindsciences, also the techniques used by the Nation of Islam

Is there any logi in the constant lambasting as if it will get the 94 pwercent of Africans in this nation who are Christian orMuslim to just drop their faith to one that you choose for them is that logical?

Have the propnents of African religions in the capitals odf the 50 states present something welcoming to those who have been as you say nfliced by these religions, and what services have these institutions offered the larger Black community except for as one brother mentioned a building in one city out of 50 states.
    Now the Kemetic communities of Ra Un Nefer and Queen Afua, do not count in the above category of African religions because there are millions of Christians and Muslims who find great benefit from thier wiadom and services without feeling guilty or punked for thier faith.

What Christians do need is a Black Nationalist politics and economic focus similar to the nation of islam,
    or a Nation of Christianity

9. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    Thank you

If you've notice i've never claimed myself to be anything a but a human. No label i don't follow anything "dogma". I have purpose, my purpose is to do the right thing. Not everyone can do that.

Listen to what i'm saying, we all breathe air right? I know it's a stupid question, but my point is we label then divide, christian, muslim, and whatever else is out there. Some of the teachings of these religion have done wonders for people who had good hearts and where trying to find them.

But as long as we look continue to label ourselves "i'm this and i'm that", the divisions you see will continue to exist (divisions clearly created in the mind). At the end of the day do you hurt or help people. Actions speak louder than words. We can talk all day but can we love all day?

10. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Ankhur,

You are making a strong charge here.

I will not argue what is and what is not "hate", for that is, as well as "intent", a matter of interpetation.