Black Men : Self Hatred Personified!!

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by panafrica, Aug 12, 2006.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I just got back from taking my children to the park. I pushed both of them on the swings for about an hour, while my wife went shopping. They laughed, yelled, and eventually started to fall asleep; so I decided to head home. On my way home, what did I see but a black man in drag yelling at another black man in the middle of the street. I didn't hear the entire conversation, but I did catch him (It) saying, "Black men are less than men, and they don't do what they are suppose to do"! Ironically he made that comment about 5 seconds before I walked past with my wife and children. We've discussed the feminization of Black men on this site, and we also have discussed the effects of self hatred...this had to be the most damning mixture of both, that I've ever witnessed.

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Pan, you are correct...a very good example of both self-hatred and the feminization..

...of Black men.

Black people have to actually SEE things before we can actually believe them. Not ALL of us...but most of us. The fight against Racism (White Supremacy) is a mental one...and is no longer a visual one. It's a spiritual one...and no longer signs hanging on the restrooms or water fountains stating: WHITE ONLY or COLORED ONLY.

In order for our young Black girls and boys to see who they should be and how they should behave, they must SEE it. This means that we must restore respect in us by us by displaying the behavior of how we want our people to conduct themselves so that they can see. Until then, it's going to be a long road to recovery for us as a people. Sure, some will progress financially. But, most won't.

Peace, Fam.

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Seeing this would have spoiled my stomach!
    I don't know what's worse the drag queen or the arguing with his lover.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    What's Wrong With This Picture?

First of all, a Black man in drag has no business telling anyone who is "less than a man".

PEACE

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm sure!!!!!

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    This situation has far more elements to it than what's being addressed, in my opinion.

I don't consider either of these descriptors mentioned to be an example of "self-hate", per se. But of course, none of us really know all the facts because we weren't there from the beginning, so I truly question whether we're in a position to judge the characters of these people. I don't think that because a Black man is dressed in feminine apparel is an example of "self-hate". In fact, from "his" perspective, because he's comfortable enough to wear those types of clothes, it could be said this is an example of "self-love".

Whether we agree with it or like it or not, we must live with the fact that there are Black people who don't fit the stereotypical gender definition that most western societies place on people.

Secondly, whether a transgendered Black man is qualified to judge what a man is, is not the point either in my opinion. If this individual has had relationships with other Black men, who is to say he's not capable of thinking the way that he does--just like a "woman" in the same circumstances might feel? Beyond the fact that men have semen and women have ova, what's the "real" definition of a man or woman and who created the definition?

Those men who believe they know what a man should be, then be a man. This holds true for women as well. A transgendered individual, which includes Black people, if they are living who they believe they are regardless of what their external characteristics are, then why do we judge them right or wrong?

Queenie :heart:

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I just wanted to point out, that nothing in Brother PAN's story indicated that the "man" in question was a transgenderal, only that he was in drag. These 2 concepts do not necessarily translate to be the same thing.

PEACE

8. ontheway

ontheway Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    my experience is that the majority of black men are still real men interested in black women. what happens in a few large cities is a minority.

bro samurai, by the way why do you repesent yourself as black superman rescue a white woman?...just curious..

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The wha?? What are you talking about? :confused:

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    *falls out of chair*

Good question, "ontheway". The answer to that just might draw back the curtain and expose Le Wiz:explode: