Black People : SELF-HATE-How do we stop it?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bisabee, May 27, 2006.

1. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    There is so much self-hate among us here, there, everywhere.It comes out in even the way we talk to each other here. People who like and respect each other don't talk to each other in such a harsh, edgy way.

How do we stop it--starting TODAY?

The carnage in DR Congo is just more of the same self-hate as what happened in Rwanda--Africans killing/raping/maiming, etc. other Africans. It just hasn't reached that level that the Rwandan situation did YET. It's simply self-hate gone amuck.

The only difference I see between the Africans in this regard and many AAs is that Africans have the power and means to use their arsenals and soldiers against each other whereas white people here would prevent us from killing each other in the U.S. on a large scale because it would be embarrassing for this country.

So what would it take to stop the self-hate or anger among us? Knowledge of self? Is that enough? Let's dig deep on this question. What stirs up anger, animosity, rage in you about other Black people? No PC allowed here because this is where it's at for us. We need to express our feelings freely on this topic and hopefully no one will pounce on anyone.

Self-hate expresses itself from low intensity (not supporting each other, for ex.) to high intensity (killing each other for petty reasons) among Black people everyday.

I'll go first. What irks the heck out of me about many Black people is:

-we constantly TALK some real strong stuff non-stop and don't DO much of anything.
    -we don't do the things we could do to build ourselves up.
    -we have a MILLION excuses for why we don't support each other and build.
    -when some of our own are flat-out wrong in their behavior, we protect that person and make excuses for him or her, thus inviting more wrong behavior.
    -we don't support each other, even when we can easily do so.
    -we constantly criticize each other. We even go out our way to find fault with each other and judge each other so HARSHLY.

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Let me start with your own words if I may:

-we constantly TALK some real stuff non-stop and don't DO much of anything.

it goes beyond criticizing to being judgemental, making false assumptions and allegations, twisting words, outright character assasinations and a group dynamic that works to "isolate and neutralize" those who do not give into the "group think" process.

narrow-nationalism. white supremacy if defines as a superiority complex gives rise to a black inferiority complex which the group dynamic PROJECTS onto others then seeks to Label those who do not follow the group propaganda..so, some become branded as "the enemy" because they do NOT acknowledge "racism" or "the white man" or the "devil" as "the enemy"..

example:in the thread concerning UNITY among BROTHERS I was asked to state some thing i am doing in this regard. I creat a forum, state some of those things but to date the person who is the one who asked me to state what "I" am doing, i have no idea what this person is doing except for posting behind me in forums and nit-picking and back-biting...another person (a moderator) tells me "i have no clue" what some of them or doing...

well...perhaps then that says something if i have been here off and on for four years and have "no clue" even thoough I have openly asked "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO BUILD UNITY"

perhaps this question needs to be asked directly to at least two folks that i know were keyed up about the "family union" that has yet to materialize, and i am speaking of at tlest two members who no longer are presently PREMIUM members, especially one who a fre months ago was very vocal in expressing his own outrage...

perhaps this question needs to be directly asked to brothers and sisters who were keyed up about the brother and sister chat and ask them DIRECTLY "what happened"...

perhaps one needs to ask some FORMER MODERATORS who are no longer here and started other, similar websites because of personal reasons concerning how they felt they were treated after YEARS OF SERVICE....

perhaps just pay close attention to who responds to this post and how they respond to it!

and look around and ask what are they REALLY "BUILDING"!

peace!

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    IMO - venting on moderators will not be productive for you.
    none of us is perfect. we do this job without pay. we do the best that we can.
    there is no conspiracy among moderators. we do not have an agenda.
    like wise i believe most members here post in good faith.
    no-body's perfect but folks are doing the best that they can.
    sometimes folks ascribe to us ulterior motives that really are not there.
    i think most people that are in the house have good intentions.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    self hate...

you're abolutely right in what you say,and i unfortunatly don't have the answer,but i do have a theory and that is that there are forces in this country in place to keep blacks divided and at each others throats[yes i know it's not news]but what we have to understand is that alot of those perportrators look like us so we need to stop holloring white this and that when things are shaky,we have to start being more aware of what's goes on around us on a daily basis in the community the schools the church,it's alot of little things almost sublinial if you will that go right over our heads,and remember that everytime that there's a black on black crime no matter what it is that these forces prosper[that's why i wrote the post about liquor stores]we just go about our buiseness and say[well that's the way it's always been]and that's the problem,if we've learned anything from over 400 yrs here it's that the people still have a voice but we have to stick together[THE REAL CHALLENGE]remember the montgomery bus boycott,well it's gonna take something alone those lines on a national scale to effect any sort of scent of real hope i don't know what the boycott would be but i do know that something that strong would get those lazy a## politicians attention and make em do something...there's so much wrong being done to us by others and us,when is enough truly enough!

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    "venting on moderators will not be productive for you."

Tell me something I don't already know. Why take what I'm saying personal?
    This is part of the problem. Some of you can follow members from forum to forum "nit-picking" and "back-biting" then calling into people's character yet you are above criticism or member's are just expected to be quiet while you call into question their character?

ok....i guess that's part of the "building process".

"i think most people that are in the house have good intentions."

well, i do also and i wouldn't be here if i thought otherwise. but i also believe that the general membership has "good intentions" as well.

but again, I am addressing the questions raised by sister bisabee which you have not addressed. instead, again, you choose to address me while not dealing with the specific topic of this thread.....

and THAT is exactly what I am stating the PROBLEM is...TALK,TALK,TALK with very lttle actually leading to SOLUTIONS!

"we do not have an agenda."

That statement revels a lot more than you are aware of!

Now I can better overstand why one individual would tell me something to the effect that I "have no clue" what some of you do....

I created a thread precisely to find out what that is.....but judging by the responses.....

all i can say is....:thinking:

6. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    deleted...

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    lol!

:happens:

8. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Since when have you been "trying to back you"??

More like back-biting me.

What has gotten old is all the TALK with little to no action.

A few days ago YOU were the asking me what "I" was doing. Yet, to this day, I have gotten no response from you concerning what YOU are doing to BUILD UNITY among Black people.

Again, here you go talking about "cleaning house"...holding others accountable but again, YOU need to start with YOUR SELF.

Quite frankly, I don't have problems with MOST of the members here. Only a few. In fact, I get along rather well with MOST who post in these threads. If one takes a close look at the threads I have started, again, there are only a FEW who I have problems with. And most of that FEW have someithing very obvious about them in common....

It's most interesting that I still have at least a dialogue going on with brother Rich concerning building UNITY. In fact, I am still posting here thanks to the encouragement of Brother Rich who ASKED ME to "hang in here" with him....

Sister Bisabee...

My final thoughts on this before I do "bounce"...

I was wondering if you ever read "Message to the Blackman" and the section on "Yakub's History"..

If I follow the information in that "story" what I have concluded is that this problem you speak of was "ingrained" into US as "Dr. Yakub" separated some of US and separated our genes and selectively breeded US finally resulting in the "white race of devils"....But these "devils" came from US...were "germinated" from US...and separated from US...and this was done by a "Black man"...

Now, of course, this interpretation may actually cause me to be in effect "bounced" but...

Yeshua was a Revolutioanry
    Malcolm was a Revolutionary
    Steve Biko was a Revolutionary

all who challenged the thinking of the BLACK established "thinking" of their day...

The challenge I present today is understanding how if the Black Man (Go..."Yakub) created the "white man" (Devil) and wwrote in the Gospel that the white man "Devil" would be unleashed on earth for a specific period of time, and this story was reiterated by the Nation of Islam,

WHO ThEN IS MORE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PLIGHT OF BLACK PEOPLE..

"God" (the Black Man who creted the "Devil) or the "Devil" White Man who was created from the Germ of the Black Man???

Peace!:peace:

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    it's almost like this last bit was taken as an instruction on how to conduct this thread!! oh, so sad ... and that is the last of the "self-hating" i'm gonna do in this thread ... to the best of my ability ... :lol:

"how do we stop it .."

LEARN TO BELIEVE IN YOU!

time and time again, it's about looking/asking outside of oneself for guidance/instruction/authority. YOU, being just as human as the next, have just as much "authority" as any other. yes; many, many, too many years of head-banging, "colonizing", economic sanctions, killing, wars, religious wars, have us "convinced" that the "authority" is other than ourselves, but that is required to maintain the artificial "control" that is so tearing up too much of everything on this planet.

on EVERYTHING, consult with YOU as to the "correctness" of stuff: "for the moment", let go of EVERYTHING that you "know" about stuff and the methods "taught" about "knowing" and listen to what YOUR "inner voice" has to say about it. trust that that sense of right/wrong that YOU have is VALID. LISTEN to that "feeling" you get as to the rightness or wrongness of something. and then act accordingly.

BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF!

10. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    When a couple days ago you went on your tirade about how you're treated here...I went on and on trying to encourage you to lighten up and trying to advise you that your presence is needed...all the while trying adamantly to treat you with the respect you deserve.

Na Omo you have me mixed up...I don't get down like that so I doubt very seriously you will be able to quote ANY thread were I asked you to tell what YOU are doing for the black community.

Thats not my style, bro, so don't add chronic fibbing to go along with your incessant complaining.

I don't have a desire to justify what I do Omo. it would be a waste of time since:

A) I don't see anything but negativity coming from your reasons for asking,

and B) the problems I'm concerned about building solutions for do not exist in the reality you've created for yourself.

If you can build with others here who have the same goals you do, great, we're all for building.

But if every other thread you attack the moderators or poke fun at an initiative that didn't work out or whine about black folks still considering themselves black or try to bring up what's happened in the past with former members then YOU ARE SUCKING more vitality out than you're putting back in.

That is not Self-hate, but sabotage.

I'm not a moderator, I don't run nothing round here, you know that I couldn't "bounce" you, I'm suggesting if you feel such contempt for what has happened and what is happening then why play the same broken record for us everyday. Get a new song or take that broken record to another station.