Black People : Self-Hate and Traitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
I've been reading a very active thread recently and in it some contributors are being accused of being a traitor to their race and suffering from self-hate for being Black, based on the opinions they express.

The "accused" disagrees and believe they are very much supportive of Black people.

Some people here seem to be able to recognize the subtle and overt traits of these issues and call out members on them based on comments they make to a topic.

I don't think I can always see this as clearly through my African-centered lenses and wonder how others do.

How do you know when someone is suffering from "self-hate" and are race traitors?

What are some of the tell-tale signs or symptoms of this thinking pattern.

I've been reading a very active thread recently and in it some contributors are being accused of being a traitor to their race and suffering from self-hate for being Black, based on the opinions they express.

The "accused" disagrees and believe they are very much supportive of Black people.

Some people here seem to be able to recognize the subtle and overt traits of these issues and call out members on them based on comments they make to a topic.

I don't think I can always see this as clearly through my African-centered lenses and wonder how others do.

How do you know when someone is suffering from "self-hate" and are race traitors?

One sure telltale sign is one who dates, mates, or marries outside the race! ;) Clarence Thomas and Kanye West for example. :(

As one who has recently dealt with such accusations I will respond ONE time to you in this and this is to YOU only.

First of all, you do not really KNOW based on comments, especially on a discussion forum.

If this were an ACTIVIST forum then you would KNOW by their actions. However, your own actions would have to demonstrate that you are not guilty of the same as those accused.

For example, since you mention "African-centered lenses".

How is this view African-centered if you are part of Diaspora and you do not have a physical base or organizational context from which your view is centered?

I want you to take some time to think about what I just asked you before you respond.

Frantz Fanon stated that each generation has a historical responsibility to fulfill their mission or betray it.

I look around and see a lot of stones cast at people who have their lives for the liberation of African people by people who have no organization they can bring you into, no institution which can service you, no movement to mobilize you, and no funds to contribute financially to Destee.com let alone African global development.

But they got plenty of venom to spit at others 24/7.

With not a pot to pee in except for that kettle they call Black!

Self-Hate is an outgrowth of Self-Ignorance; Self-Love, Self-Knowledge. Sometimes, one sort of Ignorance can be another sort of Knowledge. Ergo, the signs of Self-Hate are Self-Ignorance or Foreign Self-Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back