self esteem

It'll get better, teens.

As you progress into your adult years you will find that you will care less about what others think. When you have your own family to take care of, bills, college, etc. you tend to realize other people's negativity just doesn't matter.

For now though just stay true to yourself. People that talk about others usually have a deficiency in themselves that they cover up by putting down everyone else. Don't let their insecurities get you in the way of being happy.

The true mystery

They say the true meaning / mystery of life is to "Know Thyself". It's funny how, if we don't ever deal with that self esteem issue at a young age, it snowballs as you get older. I have learned what I wish I would have found out when I was a teen.

Love who you are. Everywhere you go in life, people will either like or dislike you. You can't keep changing to please others or you will twist yourself up like a pretzel, and not know whether you are coming or going.

Listen to your heart, find out your likes and dislikes, how to respect yourself and others, and let the layers of yourself unfold naturally. There really is a diamond in the mist, and you'll find it if you look inside.

Don't worry about how you look. People who are worthy will love you regardless. :jumping:

I used to have crazy self esteem issues. I think Everyone goes through it. I was Miss Piggy, big mama, and all them names. It took a lot of ignoring and affirmations to heal me from those days. Sojourner Truth said it's the mind that makes the body, so I take that to heart. You have to affirm yourself and your greatness and other people will see it, too. If they don't, they're lying. It's just that flamboyant. :number1:

notbeautiful said:
I used to have crazy self esteem issues. I think Everyone goes through it. I was Miss Piggy, big mama, and all them names. It took a lot of ignoring and affirmations to heal me from those days. Sojourner Truth said it's the mind that makes the body, so I take that to heart. You have to affirm yourself and your greatness and other people will see it, too. If they don't, they're lying. It's just that flamboyant. :number1:

Yes, as a Black woman, it's critical for us to affirm ourselves constantly, to just remind ourselves just how wonderful, smart, beautiful, valuable, and all of that good stuff (LOL) that we are because if we don't do it, who else can we depend on to do it for us?

Riada said:
Yes, as a Black woman, it's critical for us to affirm ourselves constantly, to just remind ourselves just how wonderful, smart, beautiful, valuable, and all of that good stuff (LOL) that we are because if we don't do it, who else can we depend on to do it for us?

Esteem issues effect men and women equally although they often manifest themselves in different ways. The key to having positive self esteem often starts with a strong home environment, which unfortunately is lacking in too many homes in our community. In lue of that, self-affirmation is necessary.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back