Black Christians : Seedtime and Harvest

Forgive if I've overlooked something in the reading, but if this principle consistently works, then how do you explain the violence met upon non-violence evidenced in the '60s? Thanks!

This principle applied to the Civil Rights Era as well....

A "seed" of non-violence was "sown" for a non-violent "harvest."

The "harvest" was not immediate; but it did come.

Every aspect of living that African Americans engage in today: voting, employment, education, public transportation and dining, entertainment (movies, skating, bowling, etc) is a direct or indirect "harvest" from the "seeds" sown by those Elders who received violence in their non-violent protests.

They sowed the "seeds" so that we could reap the "harvest."

So, every day that you go to work,
every time you take a plane, bus, or train...
every time you dine-IN at a restaurant, not being served through a back door,
or stay at a motel/hotel
or go to the movies,
or go shopping for groceries/household items and not have to stand aside and wait for any WHITE customers to be served before YOU...
or every time you go into a dressing room to try on some clothes (because no Black woman could put a dress on her body that a WHITE woman would try on and buy)...
every time you open the door to your home or apartment,

Do please remember those "seeds" they sowed for us to "harvest."

The Harvest has come?

This principle applied to the Civil Rights Era as well....

A "seed" of non-violence was "sown" for a non-violent "harvest."

The "harvest" was not immediate; but it did come.

Every aspect of living that African Americans engage in today: voting, employment, education, public transportation and dining, entertainment (movies, skating, bowling, etc) is a direct or indirect "harvest" from the "seeds" sown by those Elders who received violence in their non-violent protests.

They sowed the "seeds" so that we could reap the "harvest."

So, every day that you go to work,every time you take a plane, bus, or train...every time you dine-IN at a restaurant, not being served through a back door,
or stay at a motel/hotel
or go to the movies,
or go shopping for groceries/household items and not have to stand aside and wait for any WHITE customers to be served before YOU...
or every time you go into a dressing room to try on some clothes (because no Black woman could put a dress on her body that a WHITE woman would try on and buy)...
every time you open the door to your home or apartment,

Do please remember those "seeds" they sowed for us to "harvest."

I do believe that the seed of peace, in terms of non-violence will reap a great benefit but, I do not believe it has come yet, and I do not believe today, that it has come with the vote. Today, the vote has led to WAR and that has nothing to do with 'the seed of non-violence'.

And that's just it [concerning the list, 'everytime I reflect on the terrible discrimination on my job and hear the comments from other AA, everytime I have to plan transportation around my finances, everytime, I think about the mind deception put out in the theatres that i have to speak about to my kids, everytime I go to the grocery store and think about my finances...I am so reminded of the deception of freedom and equality.

The school busing issue as a specific issue during that time, and because of deception, I am reminded of how I struggled to provide SAFE transportation for my kids...

Today, the prison systems also prove that the harvest still has not come.

In terms of the Bible;

I believe that sowing good seeds of peace and non-violence can be applied to study in respect to THE ALMIGHTY GOD. But as Sister Blaklioness prompted, i believe that PERSPECTIVE needs to be considered as well, especially in terms of GOVERNMENT.

I believe that no matter whether the Democratics won or the Republicans won the vote, WAR was already begun and now, my perspective is to figure out how to support our government and at the same time not support issues involved in war that would promote senseless killings and human sacrifice. i believe in NATIONAL SECURITY but, why did America initiate this war? Was it 911, or was it due to unfair trade?...

In Biblical study, when the Hebrews were enslaved and in captivity in Egypt, they were in a position of suppression and only the ALMIGHTY GOD delivered them. During the time of the Judges, the Hebrews wanted 'a king' and hundreds of years later, they reap the REPERCUSSIONS in a terrible mode because their kings became evil and they were blamed for operating a negative government detrimental to humanity. When the Jews petitioned against Jesus and shouted for Roman rule, about 30 years later, they were slaughtered and driven out of their homelands by the Roman government and, therefore, they reaped a terrible harvest.

In essence, I believe that we as a people can sow good seeds and/or evil seeds of which will reap accordingly. i believe that this subject of SEEDTIME AND HARVEST needs to consider the very question put forth by Sister Blaklioness because, in my opinion, many AA have not reap a good harvest yet and need to set their sights higher than what this government offers.

In my opinion, it seems ironic that Dr. martin Luther King represented non-violence and equality for AA and now, here we are supporting a war! It's like a double standard. What kind of harvest do we reap from this?

C
Please elaborate on what context you're using "captivity."

yes, when you wrote about 'debt in connection with reaping the harvest' and 'how we as Christians need to deal with debt', I think about the context regarding the hebrew captivity in Egypt and how they were indebted to the Egytians. When the pharaoh got angry and told them to make 'their bricks without the straw[?] and they still had to produce the required bricks, were they not indebted to the Egyptians? the Egyptians put them in bondage based upon supply and demand.

I believe that ECONOMICS has to be considered in the DEFINITION of captivity versus CHATTEL SLAVERY. A suppressive government can say 'your free on paper' but when the numbers add up, it could present another whole reality; that of deception.

I believe that AA still have it worse than others on the job market, in education, and etc. and when this is considered, it becomes a question that this government operated in ways that caused unavoidable ways in which to keep most AA in debt; and that to me is captivity. As a whole, how can we come out of this exploitation without help.

I believe though that if we sow a peaceful seed then we will reap the victory but, we need to address these issues to build hope against exploitation. How did the Hebrews get the victory over their suppression?

I do believe that the seed of peace, in terms of non-violence will reap a great benefit but, I do not believe it has come yet, and I do not believe today, that it has come with the vote. Today, the vote has led to WAR and that has nothing to do with 'the seed of non-violence'.

And that's just it [concerning the list, 'everytime I reflect on the terrible discrimination on my job and hear the comments from other AA, everytime I have to plan transportation around my finances, everytime, I think about the mind deception put out in the theatres that i have to speak about to my kids, everytime I go to the grocery store and think about my finances...I am so reminded of the deception of freedom and equality.

The school busing issue as a specific issue during that time, and because of deception, I am reminded of how I struggled to provide SAFE transportation for my kids...

Today, the prison systems also prove that the harvest still has not come.

In terms of the Bible;

I believe that sowing good seeds of peace and non-violence can be applied to study in respect to THE ALMIGHTY GOD. But as Sister Blaklioness prompted, i believe that PERSPECTIVE needs to be considered as well, especially in terms of GOVERNMENT.

I believe that no matter whether the Democratics won or the Republicans won the vote, WAR was already begun and now, my perspective is to figure out how to support our government and at the same time not support issues involved in war that would promote senseless killings and human sacrifice. i believe in NATIONAL SECURITY but, why did America initiate this war? Was it 911, or was it due to unfair trade?...

Sister Chevron, I can understand and appreciate your position and passion in this....However, Sister Blacklioness asked how the principle of "seedtime and harvest" applied to the NON-violence met with VIOLENCE of the 1960s.

And I answered her question accordingly, it is true that we no longer fear VIOLENCE in order to VOTE or sit down in restaurants or ride buses, etc...because of the "seeds" they sowed back then.

In your response here, you are comparing other components to those sacrifices made back then.....Our people weren't marching and being beaten and lynched over what kind of movies their children would see in the theaters...During the span of the Civil Rights Era, our people weren't being killed because they protested the Korean War or the Vietnam War.---We were beaten and killed because we demanded our Constitutional Rights and to be treated as human beings, not 2nd class citizens...or rather, really not "citizens" at all.

You can not fairly connect or lay the fault of WAR on Black suffrage.
This country has engaged in WAR since its inception, long before and since our right to vote.

So, again, yes, every freedom you enjoy today as a African American is the HARVEST from the SEEDS our Elders sowed in the 1950 and 60s.

In Biblical study, when the Hebrews were enslaved and in captivity in Egypt, they were in a position of suppression and only the ALMIGHTY GOD delivered them. During the time of the Judges, the Hebrews wanted 'a king' and hundreds of years later, they reap the REPERCUSSIONS in a terrible mode because their kings became evil and they were blamed for operating a negative government detrimental to humanity. When the Jews petitioned against Jesus and shouted for Roman rule, about 30 years later, they were slaughtered and driven out of their homelands by the Roman government and, therefore, they reaped a terrible harvest.

In essence, I believe that we as a people can sow good seeds and/or evil seeds of which will reap accordingly. i believe that this subject of SEEDTIME AND HARVEST needs to consider the very question put forth by Sister Blaklioness because, in my opinion, many AA have not reap a good harvest yet and need to set their sights higher than what this government offers.

In my opinion, it seems ironic that Dr. martin Luther King represented non-violence and equality for AA and now, here we are supporting a war! It's like a double standard. What kind of harvest do we reap from this?

Delayed is not denied.

We have reaped the harvest of the seeds our Elders sowed.

But, the "ground" is still fertile for more planting. Now, it's up to US to sow some more seeds.

So, those other things that you mentioned have to do with what our present generations need to address....finances, discrimination, violence on school buses or public transportation and war and the prison system, etc..

Yes, there are still changes to face and fight; but, again, we DID reap the harvest of our Elders' sowing.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back