Black People : SECURITY & IDENTITY

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
A Sistah walks into a juice bar. Five foot four. Dark chocolate milky skin. Slanted eyes, long eyelashes, lips slightly brushed in peach and brown.

The Men marvel at her shapely body. The African prints on her soft golden dress. Her head neatly decorated in small twists and braids. She sits down at the bar. She orders some kind of smoothie with bananas and grapes.

A Brotha gets up the nerve. He gets up from his chair, dusts himself off, and combs his beard violently with his right hand. He sits next to the Sistah. He summons all the intelligence he has within him. He is man of respect and pride. He opens his mouth to speak, but she interrupts him.

"Security and Identity" she says. The Brotha looks around puzzled. "What did you mean, by that?" She goes on to explain.

"What a Black Nation wants and needs, is what a Black Woman wants and needs. Because without us, there is no Black Nation. We produce the children, we raise them, we make sure they survive."

"In this stage in my life, I've figured the two most important things for me is Security and Identity. I've also notice that these two things are exactly what most Nations on Earth want as well. Think about it Brotha."

"Why are we here in America? Security. Ask any Woman what she wants from a Man, and it will boil down to Security. She might say, ohh- I want a tall strong Man. I am a Handsome Man. I want a Man with some Money. I want a Man who can make me smile make me laugh. I want a religious Man of God a spiritual Man."

"All of these things have to do with Security. We all know the strong tall Man gives us the feeling that we are protected. The Handsome Man makes us feel protected because he is a cosmetic commodity. A Man with Money of course can create our Security because he can handle our basic survival needs. A Man that has a good sense of humor is also a Security system because he inspires peace in others. He brings laughter and happiness which makes people less threatening, the less threatening people are the more secure we feel. A spiritual Man helps us feel protected too. Because even if he is not right with the world, he is right with God and we feel connected to a higher power protecting us through this Man."

"Everything is about Security. The skin is our Security. Our education is about Security. Black Parents will tell their child, I want you to go to the best College- is it just for a good education? No. Its for Security. They feel their child's future will be Secure if they gradate from a good school. There is no survival without Security."

"The problem with most Black folks, is that we've been trying so hard to survive, and we don't have anything concrete to concentrate our minds on. You snatch up any Brotha on the streets hustlin' and ask him what he's doing, most likely he'll say "I'm trying to survive out here!" Ask him how, and he might not have any idea beyond "trying to get this paper!"

"But ask a Woman what she needs to raise a family. That's where we should be looking. That's where all the answers are. Black people don't seem to understand that. The White Man enslaved our Ancestors because he was looking for ways to get the needs of his Woman met without doing most of the work. Are Black Men talking to their Women? Are they asking the Woman, hey baby- what do you need for the Black Nation to grow?"

"Naw, most Black Men are too busy trying to imitate White Men intellectually and socially. The White Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. Now the Black Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. The White Man authors lies to deceive people. Now Black Men are authoring lies to deceive people."

"I want Security and I want Identity. We have no Identity. We don't know who the hell we are! This is why it is so easy for us to emulate White people. We have no idea who we are. Don't we realize how important having an identity is to any race or culture? And I'm not just talking about names, colored, black, African- no. I'm not talking about names, because anyone can come up with a name and give it to some folks."

"If a Woman says to a Man, I want Security and Identity. What does that mean? It means she wants security for her family- right? Sistah might want to raise some children with this Brotha. And it also means she was an identity for her children too. For me, these two are the most important parts of survival, you know why? There is no power without them. You can't have power without security. How can you have diamonds if anyone can just come in and take them? And how can you have diamonds secured, if your guards don't know what diamonds are??"

"Give that same hustlin Brotha on the street a bag of diamonds, he will kill folks to protect it- you hear me? I mean, he will take some lives to guard over those diamonds. But give him a little girl. Give him a baby. What happens then? No think about that Brotha for a second, think about."

"Give that saaameee Brotha, who will kill over some diamonds, a child. Does he kill to protect her? Does he protect his own seed? No. And why does he not protect his child? Because he does not "IDENTIFY" with the child, the same way he identifies with the diamonds. He can come up with a bag of diamonds, but he can't come up with a child- a child is a burden to him."

"But identity is crucial to that Brotha on the streets. What if he can't identify the cops? Then his own Security is compromised. You see how that works. They want us to identify with what we see on tv and what we see in magazines. So yeah, you have the women with the buttcheeks hangin out. Because they think that's who they are. But that's not who they are, that's what they saw on tv or in a magazine, so that is what they identify with."

" I know, A Black Woman can't help being sexy, in most cases- but Men have to realize that feminine beauty is created by nature for reproduction purposes. If we don't have Security and Identity for our Black People, then- why the hell are we reproducing? We only making more slaves. Men are out there screwing anything that walks, only making more slaves."

"That is not the case with all Men, but you know who I am talkin about. You can see how this is a collective problem, the fault is not on Men alone or Women alone, it is what it is a collective problem. Its something we have to fix and address collectively. We have an Security problem and an Identity problem."

"And I know, you have some people who will say..naw naw, that's not what is it- its this, or its that. But regardless of what we think it is, we are not doing much of anything to fix it, are we? Maybe on our individual levels, but we can't solve collective problems individually."

"Ask any smart and intelligent Black Woman, who is honest with herself, what does she really want for her children. Just ask her. And use your common sense and translate that information into what the Black Nation needs. That's all. Any smart person can do that. But can we really do it. Can we implement these solutions?"

She took the last sip of her smoothie, and walked away. The Brotha sat there, in a daze, but thinking to himself about the bag of diamonds. "Security and Identity? What I need is to hit the lottery...that's one fine Sistah" He thought to himself.

TOPIC QUESTION:
DOES SECURITY AND IDENTITY PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN OUR SURVIVAL?

thought provoking

TOPIC QUESTION:

In short for me, it seems Security and Identity are crucial for our ability to not only survive, yet to LIVE.

The first definition I come across for "survival" is that it is a continuation of life or living or "to remain alive or in existence".

To "live" is to "be alive; "to continue alive"; "to maintain oneself"; "to conduct, direct or pass one's life; to flourish in human life or consciousness".....

So it seems important for us to "get a life" then yes....protect that which we 'know' (identity).

I guess it's kinda like when a seed is planted (conception), during the gestational period, it must be identified as something of value and if valued, protected in order to survive. So as I think through this, it seems surviving and living are almost one and the same...in this context.

I know my first thought when approached by anyone these days is ..."Who are you" (identity/identify yourself). This will give me some clues as to your ability to protect me and/or yourself based on one's perception of self and the value inherent in that perception. One could say "I'm just a...." which gives me an indication that value points have been deducted ..."just" as opposed to a response like..."I AM....". This for me is one who is taking 'ownership' and/or 'responsibility' and may be more likely to 'protect' that which he/she has.

So in the end, I wonder "What is the worth/value we ascribe to ourselves and is it worth dying for". When one enters the military, they go into war with an aim to protect that which they claim as thiers...just like the diamond analogy....what is Our "Lives" worth and what are we willing to do to protect it?

:hearts2:

MetaSaience said:
A Sistah walks into a juice bar. Five foot four. Dark chocolate milky skin. Slanted eyes, long eyelashes, lips slightly brushed in peach and brown.

The Men marvel at her shapely body. The African prints on her soft golden dress. Her head neatly decorated in small twists and braids. She sits down at the bar. She orders some kind of smoothie with bananas and grapes.

A Brotha gets up the nerve. He gets up from his chair, dusts himself off, and combs his beard violently with his right hand. He sits next to the Sistah. He summons all the intelligence he has within him. He is man of respect and pride. He opens his mouth to speak, but she interrupts him.

"Security and Identity" she says. The Brotha looks around puzzled. "What did you mean, by that?" She goes on to explain.

"What a Black Nation wants and needs, is what a Black Woman wants and needs. Because without us, there is no Black Nation. We produce the children, we raise them, we make sure they survive."

"In this stage in my life, I've figured the two most important things for me is Security and Identity. I've also notice that these two things are exactly what most Nations on Earth want as well. Think about it Brotha."

"Why are we here in America? Security. Ask any Woman what she wants from a Man, and it will boil down to Security. She might say, ohh- I want a tall strong Man. I am a Handsome Man. I want a Man with some Money. I want a Man who can make me smile make me laugh. I want a religious Man of God a spiritual Man."

"All of these things have to do with Security. We all know the strong tall Man gives us the feeling that we are protected. The Handsome Man makes us feel protected because he is a cosmetic commodity. A Man with Money of course can create our Security because he can handle our basic survival needs. A Man that has a good sense of humor is also a Security system because he inspires peace in others. He brings laughter and happiness which makes people less threatening, the less threatening people are the more secure we feel. A spiritual Man helps us feel protected too. Because even if he is not right with the world, he is right with God and we feel connected to a higher power protecting us through this Man."

"Everything is about Security. The skin is our Security. Our education is about Security. Black Parents will tell their child, I want you to go to the best College- is it just for a good education? No. Its for Security. They feel their child's future will be Secure if they gradate from a good school. There is no survival without Security."

"The problem with most Black folks, is that we've been trying so hard to survive, and we don't have anything concrete to concentrate our minds on. You snatch up any Brotha on the streets hustlin' and ask him what he's doing, most likely he'll say "I'm trying to survive out here!" Ask him how, and he might not have any idea beyond "trying to get this paper!"

"But ask a Woman what she needs to raise a family. That's where we should be looking. That's where all the answers are. Black people don't seem to understand that. The White Man enslaved our Ancestors because he was looking for ways to get the needs of his Woman met without doing most of the work. Are Black Men talking to their Women? Are they asking the Woman, hey baby- what do you need for the Black Nation to grow?"

"Naw, most Black Men are too busy trying to imitate White Men intellectually and socially. The White Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. Now the Black Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. The White Man authors lies to deceive people. Now Black Men are authoring lies to deceive people."

"I want Security and I want Identity. We have no Identity. We don't know who the hell we are! This is why it is so easy for us to emulate White people. We have no idea who we are. Don't we realize how important having an identity is to any race or culture? And I'm not just talking about names, colored, black, African- no. I'm not talking about names, because anyone can come up with a name and give it to some folks."

"If a Woman says to a Man, I want Security and Identity. What does that mean? It means she wants security for her family- right? Sistah might want to raise some children with this Brotha. And it also means she was an identity for her children too. For me, these two are the most important parts of survival, you know why? There is no power without them. You can't have power without security. How can you have diamonds if anyone can just come in and take them? And how can you have diamonds secured, if your guards don't know what diamonds are??"

"Give that same hustlin Brotha on the street a bag of diamonds, he will kill folks to protect it- you hear me? I mean, he will take some lives to guard over those diamonds. But give him a little girl. Give him a baby. What happens then? No think about that Brotha for a second, think about."

"Give that saaameee Brotha, who will kill over some diamonds, a child. Does he kill to protect her? Does he protect his own seed? No. And why does he not protect his child? Because he does not "IDENTIFY" with the child, the same way he identifies with the diamonds. He can come up with a bag of diamonds, but he can't come up with a child- a child is a burden to him."

"But identity is crucial to that Brotha on the streets. What if he can't identify the cops? Then his own Security is compromised. You see how that works. They want us to identify with what we see on tv and what we see in magazines. So yeah, you have the women with the buttcheeks hangin out. Because they think that's who they are. But that's not who they are, that's what they saw on tv or in a magazine, so that is what they identify with."

" I know, A Black Woman can't help being sexy, in most cases- but Men have to realize that feminine beauty is created by nature for reproduction purposes. If we don't have Security and Identity for our Black People, then- why the hell are we reproducing? We only making more slaves. Men are out there screwing anything that walks, only making more slaves."

"That is not the case with all Men, but you know who I am talkin about. You can see how this is a collective problem, the fault is not on Men alone or Women alone, it is what it is a collective problem. Its something we have to fix and address collectively. We have an Security problem and an Identity problem."

"And I know, you have some people who will say..naw naw, that's not what is it- its this, or its that. But regardless of what we think it is, we are not doing much of anything to fix it, are we? Maybe on our individual levels, but we can't solve collective problems individually."

"Ask any smart and intelligent Black Woman, who is honest with herself, what does she really want for her children. Just ask her. And use your common sense and translate that information into what the Black Nation needs. That's all. Any smart person can do that. But can we really do it. Can we implement these solutions?"

She took the last sip of her smoothie, and walked away. The Brotha sat there, in a daze, but thinking to himself about the bag of diamonds. "Security and Identity? What I need is to hit the lottery...that's one fine Sistah" He thought to himself.

TOPIC QUESTION:
that's why i don't go into bars.

Beloved MWKg MetaSaience::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: to all you say.

MS: "Ask any smart and intelligent Black Woman, who is honest with herself, what does she really want for her children. Just ask her. And use your common sense and translate that information into what the Black Nation needs. That's all. Any smart person can do that. But can we really do it. Can we implement these solutions?"

Beloved the W four letter word Work has been buried. The Work that requires Thinking:thinking:WORK :thinking:WORK :thinking:

MS: She took the last sip of her smoothie, and walked away. The Brotha sat there, in a daze, but thinking to himself about the bag of diamonds. "Security and Identity? What I need is to hit the lottery...that's one fine Sistah" He thought to himself.

When a male enters the presence of a Divine Thinking womb-gender (female), that is the same moment he have the opportunity to become a Divine Thinking man. He was in the presence of the Lottery of her Knowledge understanding/over standing/wisdom. What is the use of gaining the whole world and losing ones soul.

I recall many years ago when I tried the bar scene. I never drank a beer before, so I tried it. A brother walked up to me and said. "A beer is not a Lady Drink." I had no ideal how I would reply. I heard this voice through me telling him. "Any drink is a Lady Drink, so long as she remains a Lady after the drink.' Sometimes we say something that surprises us too.

He said to me. "I did not come in here to be sober, I came in here to get high.

We never know who we may meet at the Car Wash, Bar, Library...and the like of, and we who know and Being Truth must be prepared to get Truth an appearance where ever we can, even in the depths of hell.

Truth Thinkers are everywhere to include bars.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back