Black People : SECURITY & IDENTITY

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    A Sistah walks into a juice bar. Five foot four. Dark chocolate milky skin. Slanted eyes, long eyelashes, lips slightly brushed in peach and brown.

The Men marvel at her shapely body. The African prints on her soft golden dress. Her head neatly decorated in small twists and braids. She sits down at the bar. She orders some kind of smoothie with bananas and grapes.

A Brotha gets up the nerve. He gets up from his chair, dusts himself off, and combs his beard violently with his right hand. He sits next to the Sistah. He summons all the intelligence he has within him. He is man of respect and pride. He opens his mouth to speak, but she interrupts him.

"Security and Identity" she says. The Brotha looks around puzzled. "What did you mean, by that?" She goes on to explain.

"What a Black Nation wants and needs, is what a Black Woman wants and needs. Because without us, there is no Black Nation. We produce the children, we raise them, we make sure they survive."

"In this stage in my life, I've figured the two most important things for me is Security and Identity. I've also notice that these two things are exactly what most Nations on Earth want as well. Think about it Brotha."

"Why are we here in America? Security. Ask any Woman what she wants from a Man, and it will boil down to Security. She might say, ohh- I want a tall strong Man. I am a Handsome Man. I want a Man with some Money. I want a Man who can make me smile make me laugh. I want a religious Man of God a spiritual Man."

"All of these things have to do with Security. We all know the strong tall Man gives us the feeling that we are protected. The Handsome Man makes us feel protected because he is a cosmetic commodity. A Man with Money of course can create our Security because he can handle our basic survival needs. A Man that has a good sense of humor is also a Security system because he inspires peace in others. He brings laughter and happiness which makes people less threatening, the less threatening people are the more secure we feel. A spiritual Man helps us feel protected too. Because even if he is not right with the world, he is right with God and we feel connected to a higher power protecting us through this Man."

"Everything is about Security. The skin is our Security. Our education is about Security. Black Parents will tell their child, I want you to go to the best College- is it just for a good education? No. Its for Security. They feel their child's future will be Secure if they gradate from a good school. There is no survival without Security."

"The problem with most Black folks, is that we've been trying so hard to survive, and we don't have anything concrete to concentrate our minds on. You snatch up any Brotha on the streets hustlin' and ask him what he's doing, most likely he'll say "I'm trying to survive out here!" Ask him how, and he might not have any idea beyond "trying to get this paper!"

"But ask a Woman what she needs to raise a family. That's where we should be looking. That's where all the answers are. Black people don't seem to understand that. The White Man enslaved our Ancestors because he was looking for ways to get the needs of his Woman met without doing most of the work. Are Black Men talking to their Women? Are they asking the Woman, hey baby- what do you need for the Black Nation to grow?"

"Naw, most Black Men are too busy trying to imitate White Men intellectually and socially. The White Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. Now the Black Man treats his Woman like a prostitute. The White Man authors lies to deceive people. Now Black Men are authoring lies to deceive people."

"I want Security and I want Identity. We have no Identity. We don't know who the hell we are! This is why it is so easy for us to emulate White people. We have no idea who we are. Don't we realize how important having an identity is to any race or culture? And I'm not just talking about names, colored, black, African- no. I'm not talking about names, because anyone can come up with a name and give it to some folks."

"If a Woman says to a Man, I want Security and Identity. What does that mean? It means she wants security for her family- right? Sistah might want to raise some children with this Brotha. And it also means she was an identity for her children too. For me, these two are the most important parts of survival, you know why? There is no power without them. You can't have power without security. How can you have diamonds if anyone can just come in and take them? And how can you have diamonds secured, if your guards don't know what diamonds are??"

"Give that same hustlin Brotha on the street a bag of diamonds, he will kill folks to protect it- you hear me? I mean, he will take some lives to guard over those diamonds. But give him a little girl. Give him a baby. What happens then? No think about that Brotha for a second, think about."

"Give that saaameee Brotha, who will kill over some diamonds, a child. Does he kill to protect her? Does he protect his own seed? No. And why does he not protect his child? Because he does not "IDENTIFY" with the child, the same way he identifies with the diamonds. He can come up with a bag of diamonds, but he can't come up with a child- a child is a burden to him."

"But identity is crucial to that Brotha on the streets. What if he can't identify the cops? Then his own Security is compromised. You see how that works. They want us to identify with what we see on tv and what we see in magazines. So yeah, you have the women with the buttcheeks hangin out. Because they think that's who they are. But that's not who they are, that's what they saw on tv or in a magazine, so that is what they identify with."

" I know, A Black Woman can't help being sexy, in most cases- but Men have to realize that feminine beauty is created by nature for reproduction purposes. If we don't have Security and Identity for our Black People, then- why the hell are we reproducing? We only making more slaves. Men are out there screwing anything that walks, only making more slaves."

"That is not the case with all Men, but you know who I am talkin about. You can see how this is a collective problem, the fault is not on Men alone or Women alone, it is what it is a collective problem. Its something we have to fix and address collectively. We have an Security problem and an Identity problem."

"And I know, you have some people who will say..naw naw, that's not what is it- its this, or its that. But regardless of what we think it is, we are not doing much of anything to fix it, are we? Maybe on our individual levels, but we can't solve collective problems individually."

"Ask any smart and intelligent Black Woman, who is honest with herself, what does she really want for her children. Just ask her. And use your common sense and translate that information into what the Black Nation needs. That's all. Any smart person can do that. But can we really do it. Can we implement these solutions?"

She took the last sip of her smoothie, and walked away. The Brotha sat there, in a daze, but thinking to himself about the bag of diamonds. "Security and Identity? What I need is to hit the lottery...that's one fine Sistah" He thought to himself.

TOPIC QUESTION:
    DOES SECURITY AND IDENTITY PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN OUR SURVIVAL?

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    thought provoking

In short for me, it seems Security and Identity are crucial for our ability to not only survive, yet to LIVE.

The first definition I come across for "survival" is that it is a continuation of life or living or "to remain alive or in existence".

To "live" is to "be alive; "to continue alive"; "to maintain oneself"; "to conduct, direct or pass one's life; to flourish in human life or consciousness".....

So it seems important for us to "get a life" then yes....protect that which we 'know' (identity).

I guess it's kinda like when a seed is planted (conception), during the gestational period, it must be identified as something of value and if valued, protected in order to survive. So as I think through this, it seems surviving and living are almost one and the same...in this context.

I know my first thought when approached by anyone these days is ..."Who are you" (identity/identify yourself). This will give me some clues as to your ability to protect me and/or yourself based on one's perception of self and the value inherent in that perception. One could say "I'm just a...." which gives me an indication that value points have been deducted ..."just" as opposed to a response like..."I AM....". This for me is one who is taking 'ownership' and/or 'responsibility' and may be more likely to 'protect' that which he/she has.

So in the end, I wonder "What is the worth/value we ascribe to ourselves and is it worth dying for". When one enters the military, they go into war with an aim to protect that which they claim as thiers...just like the diamond analogy....what is Our "Lives" worth and what are we willing to do to protect it?

:hearts2:

3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    that's why i don't go into bars.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    comeon, oldiesman - it was a juice bar! :)

security and identity.. I think you are naturally secure within any one/thing you identify with.

5. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved MWKg MetaSaience::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: to all you say.

MS: "Ask any smart and intelligent Black Woman, who is honest with herself, what does she really want for her children. Just ask her. And use your common sense and translate that information into what the Black Nation needs. That's all. Any smart person can do that. But can we really do it. Can we implement these solutions?"

Beloved the W four letter word Work has been buried. The Work that requires Thinking:thinking:WORK :thinking:WORK :thinking:

MS: She took the last sip of her smoothie, and walked away. The Brotha sat there, in a daze, but thinking to himself about the bag of diamonds. "Security and Identity? What I need is to hit the lottery...that's one fine Sistah" He thought to himself.

When a male enters the presence of a Divine Thinking womb-gender (female), that is the same moment he have the opportunity to become a Divine Thinking man. He was in the presence of the Lottery of her Knowledge understanding/over standing/wisdom. What is the use of gaining the whole world and losing ones soul.

I recall many years ago when I tried the bar scene. I never drank a beer before, so I tried it. A brother walked up to me and said. "A beer is not a Lady Drink." I had no ideal how I would reply. I heard this voice through me telling him. "Any drink is a Lady Drink, so long as she remains a Lady after the drink.' Sometimes we say something that surprises us too.

He said to me. "I did not come in here to be sober, I came in here to get high.

We never know who we may meet at the Car Wash, Bar, Library...and the like of, and we who know and Being Truth must be prepared to get Truth an appearance where ever we can, even in the depths of hell.

Truth Thinkers are everywhere to include bars.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    An online forum is like a bar too. Some of us come here to get high, some are high way before they come here. Some aren't high enough. But as long as you can drive yourself home- things will turn out fine.

Far too many Brothas overlook Divine Thinking Women these days. What most of us crave, those females we might call a B-itch, are actually a Security Breach. We see these Women polluting Media. And yet we don't realize our Security System has been compromised. If the Men aren't protecting the Nation, who is? The Cops?

Women will stand up and say the Black Men are not protecting us. And if Men are honest and truthful, the Men will say we don't protect things that possess no value. With that thought in mind, turn on BET. If we study the subconscious behavior of most Males, once a female becomes a "toy among the boys" she is no longer a being of value. So why then is the image promoted so heavy, and why did do so many Women emulates the valueless Women.

But we do protect our Women of value. Who are not the security Breaches, who are basically disloyal and unfocused just as some of the Men are. How much power do Jews have in the Black Community? When was the last time you saw a Jewish Woman shaking her backside in a video? How about an Arab Woman. How about a Korean Woman. All of these Women have stock in the Black Community. How many movies are on the market about Ghettofied Sistahs who talk while bitting their nails, and waving their hips? Is that us? Is that our Mothers. No. By why do we support it. Another Security Breach.

Secretly, Men strongly Hate the Women who give easy access to other Men. He wants to same loyalty he found in his Mother. No Man truly respects this Woman. She is nothing of value to him. She is not a diamond. She is not a Queen. Society has already labeled her. And when his friends sees him with her, he will give them a sign that they can have her when he is finished. All of this is part of the anger, insecurities and hatred Men hold towards Women. A Woman mets a Brotha at the club. They start to date. They start having sex. He becomes over possessive. Girl where you going? Who you talking to? Why you wearing that? He met you at the club wearing a tong and some dental floss, but he's crazy. Something is wrong with him.

Something is wrong with both of you.

We are dealing with the Male subconscious here, not the Male. Who protects something that anyone can have? Such simple logic, but logic that seems to evade average minds. If anyone can have it, why protect it? Those who study the human subconscious and mind, already know these details. If you can get to a nation's Women, you practically have the Men by their balls. Some Black Men "think" we can have White Women, but this is obviously an egotistical illusion. Oh, she'll screw us to death...but she is not stupid enough to allow us to be her financial Security. Overall Dad provides that. There is not enough Black Athletes in the world to change that. Because who pays the Black Athletes. Uhhh- Dad.

Black Women stand up and show your intelligence to these Men instead of your behinds. Don't be afraid to give opinions and take leadership. And being a strong Black Woman with business sense, doesn't mean you have to imitate the Male gender from fashion to love affair. Be a Woman- period. Being a strong Woman does not mean doing and bad impression of an egotistical Male.

[​IMG]
    Harriet Tubman knew what Security and Identity meant when she said:

"I freed a thousand slaves, (SECURITY) I could've freed more if they KNEW they were slaves".(IDENTITY)

Who can make plans for us without addressing these things. Because if the relationship between Men and Women is not repaired we are fighting a lost cause, because ultimately we are only fighting against each other.

7. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I like this statement. thought provoking indeed.

8. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved MWkg MetaSaience

Whew!
    Wow!
    Whoa!
    ...and then some
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    To all you said. Telling like It Is.

MS: Who can make plans for us without addressing these things. Because if the relationship between Men and Women is not repaired we are fighting a lost cause, because ultimately we are only fighting against each other.

For all those who are not with Truth and Reality, I ask you all to sit on the sidelines and be cheerleaders and cheer us who are Being Truth and Reality.

SONG: Ain't nothing like the real thing baby

Ain't Nothing like a Divine Real Sister and brother, and MS, you and like minds keeps it real.

We in these days and times need all the Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth...and other Divine like minds to Rise up in the Black Womb Gender, and All the Divine True brothers who has transition to rise up in the brothers.

I will be back to this thread soonest. If we are not being real with our people we are doing our selves and them harm.

Lets Play Hard Ball---(RAW) Real and Wise.

:SuN030: :SuN030: :SuN030:

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Major props for this. I only have one question, for you, brother Meta
    Saience. Concerning your conclusion.

Quote:

"Who can make plans for us without addressing these things. Because if the relationship between Men and Women is not repaired we are fighting a lost cause, because ultimately we are only fighting against each other."

If WE are "only fighting against each other" HOW can we "address these things" if WE are still focused on fighting against racism?

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro Omowalejabali, that is the catch 22 we are in. That's why Teachers like Bobby Hemmitt would say. Man, Black folks been fighting the same problems since I was a baby, they've been talking the same stuff about Racism, and how they are gonna do this and do that, and I'm a grown Man now and I'm still hearing these things.

I know many here in the family are at the age of knowing that black folks have been preaching some of the same things over and over.

I'm all for the fight against Racism and White Supremacy. But reality says, if I want to punch a man in the face, first I ball up my fists and then I strike. But both fists should be ready.

The fist symbolizes a Nation. There is no finger strong enough to do any harm on its own. Not really, you can try to poke someone's eye out with one finger, but that's not a serious fight.

We're not really fighting these issues as a Nation. We stand behind intelligent people with intelligent ideas. But as much intelligence as some of these people have, they still have to commission the people to action.

Sometimes I read Malcolm's words, and he pinpointed problems in the Black Community so accurately, and we still have those same problems. Then I ask myself, were people really listening to Malcolm? Did they hear what he said? He gave precise solutions that folks could go home and implement. Some people did. But obviously not enough because those same problems are just as much alive now as they were then.

The only way to fight problems as a Nation is through Identity. I still hear people saying, well- the Muslims can do things like that, that's how they are. Even in Malcolm's time. They rallied behind "The Muslims" because people thought felt they had the power to do something.

The hem of a Nation is the family unit. Nations are tied together by blood lines created by Men and Women. If all White people fell down dead on Sunday, we'd still have most of the same problems come Monday morning. Even those of us who are filled with love for our people, love for our Brothas, love for our Sistahs have to deal with those who have no love for anything.

If a Man loves his Wife and she taps him on the shoulder in the middle of the night and says I hear something downstairs, someone broke into the house. That Man jumps up, grabs his weapon and prepares himself to confront this intruder in their home.

If that Man doesn't love his Wife, he'll tell her to go downstairs herself.

Racism and White Supremacy is an intruder in the home. But for years our Women have been tapping us on the shoulder. Trying to wake us up. She's not going downstairs, that's not her job. Racism and White Supremacy has been looting the house. Taking everything it can. It has killed some of the children. We're still asleep. We open one eye and say "why don't you go?!"

She goes, and she becomes Oprah. And we become upset with her. Because she joined the other team. And she uses all her talents to turn other Women against the big evil Black Man.

Identity also says we should know who the real enemy is. It is not the Black Woman or the Black Man. Its not even the Whites either. Its the Mindset they have taught us. Its the poison within. You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it.

My simple cure is the upliftment of Black Family and Family building. Our subconsciousness has been drawn away from it. I fight only for them. I see the value in them. I fight for every Black Man or Woman who is keeping their relationship together- without excuses. I fight for the strong Husband and Father who walks proudly with his Wife and Children. I see value in that. Warriors need something to fight for. Money is not worth fighting for, because if we don't have love for our Women or Family we don't need it. We fight for Money because we think it will brings us comforts and Security.

We have already provided enough solutions. We've already done enough talking about it. But let's study the Mexican Plan for Mass Action. Or a Korean or Chinese Plan for Mass Action. Its all about Family, reproduction and Nation building.

The house has been broken into. Racism and White Supremacy is within the house. It is within us. If we are only fighting against each other, we can't address these things at all. Which is the case. But as long as we are protecting what needs to be protected we can fight. There no use fighting off an intruder if there is nothing in the house with value.