Police : security guard shot a man outside of an apartment complex in Kansas City early Tuesday morning

IFE ... i am so sorry for your loss ... how do you begin a response when the person has just lost their baby? ... i am so sorry Sister. I read the articles and saw Elijah's picture and read the kind words from the teachers, coach, friends, and family. 15 years old is just a baby. Thank you for directing me to this. I'll be right back.

Arianne ... i would consider your response in this thread disrespectful ... unless ... you did not notice she was speaking of her own young Family Member. But if you saw that, then yeah, i'd call it a foul.

Yes, you get to say what you want to say and stuff, but you have to be considerate of others, the lives of their children and loved ones. There has to be some semblance of kindness, consideration, regarding their loss. You gotta do that. If you're not wiling to do that, please, don't do anything.

You mentioned some police sites, chiefs, captains or sump'n, sound'n all authoritative and stuff, bolstering your account of thangz on the words of folk that nevah lied ... only to end it with ... but i wasn't there ... Gurl pleze ... get outta here with that kraziness ... :)

What of the consideration you'd want if you lost your child? What of that? Though i hope it never happens.

It doesn't matter for our rules strive to deliver respectful engagement to all ... whether they like it or not.

Perhaps if this was not a Member's own baby that had been killed at 15 ... maybe ... :thinking:

Maybe then you could be callous and cold about the loss of life, but not in this circumstance.

What ... are you here to speak for the police 'nem ... ?? .. you in that clique ... ?? ... :)

Yeah ... in this community ... your posts in this thread would get a warning.

No warning now because i think this gentle caution will be sufficient. Thanks in advance.

Sister IFE ... this article i have copied a few lines of ... so beautiful about your nephew.

Please don't close the thread ... though i will if you say ... but it's great even no matter!

Your effort to keep Elijah's name, Spirit, and essence in the atmosphere should not be shut down.

Uncertainty surrounds death of Kansas City teen shot by security guard

ElijahHarris.jpg

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

Uncertainty surrounds the death of a 15-year-old boy after a security guard shot and killed him this week at a Kansas City apartment complex.

His family, friends and teachers all stunned by the loss. Those who knew Elijah Harris say something isn't adding up.

"We want to know what happened. Who was there? All the details. We know nothing,” Elijah's aunt, Ebony Dydell, said.

And the not knowing only adds to the pain.

But those close to him, say he was a good kid and made good grades. Teachers and students at Central Academy of Excellence loved him.

Monday was the first day he had missed class.

"We are beyond shocked. You can't imagine something like this,” Elijah's mom, Carmen Dydell, said.

Dydell and her sister struggle to understand why the 15-year old basketball star and dedicated student at Central Academy is suddenly gone.

"He did excellent in school. He was on the right path. He did all the right things,” Ebony Dydell, said.

Elijah's former coach echoes that.

"The world has lost a really good human being and hits me hard like it has hit our players hard,” varsity basketball coach Randy Farris said.

Meantime, loved ones find ways to remember the young life they knew.

"When we break the huddle, normally we say, ‘Go Eagles!’ When we break the huddle this year, we're going to say, ‘Go Elijah!" Farris said.

Elijah’s family said his favorite subjects were math and science. The principal says they'll have grief counselors thorough the week and stressing good decision making with students.

Police say they expect to release more details soon.

Sister IFE ... again, my most sincere condolences. I am truly sorry for your and our loss.

I can't keep folk from violating, but i can keep them from doing it here repeatedly.

Kiss your Family, your Sister, the Mommas, Daddies, cousins, siblings, everybodee!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

No, I do not want the topic deleted. Thanks for asking. Apologies for taking so long to reply. I was seriously thinking about it. Destee is my place of refuge to keep my mind distracted and off the case, if only for one hour.

Thanks Sister Destee.
We see the videos of other's loved ones being shot and killed, but never think it will come to your family.
It is completely devastating. This is the worst part. Not knowing. The police can and are holding all the information related to the investigation.
The security company is owned and operated by police officers.

Hi Sister ... you are so right.

We see / hear the stories every day of young black people dying across the country.

It is not new. It has always been this way. All of our generations here.

But to be right in the midst of it, the one who lost the baby, i do not know that.

I can only imagine and even then it surely falls short. All I have to do is think of my own children.

God bless you and your Family.

You know, i bet there is not even a book on what to do when the police kills your Family.

Or even if anyone kills your Family, what do you do? Where do you go? Who do you trust?

I wish I knew the answers Sister.

I was thinking you should change the title of this thread to Elijah's name ... :)

Brother OldSoul has always encouraged us to say the names of our Ancestors.

Say it loud all in the title and stuff ... :)

I'm here if you need me.

Love You!

Destee

No, I do not want the topic deleted. Thanks for asking. Apologies for taking so long to reply. I was seriously thinking about it. Destee is my place of refuge to keep my mind distracted and off the case, if only for one hour.

I got your back Sister! :)

Some things i can't save us from ... but people talk'n 'bout our Ancestors or Momma's 'nem ... i got us! ... :)

We aint gotta live like that. I don't live like that and I aint gonna maintain a place like that.

Honoring Black Ancestors ... is what we do here! ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks for everything!

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back