Black Spirituality Religion : SECOND STRING: THE DAHOMEY WARRIORS

The Sibyls: Demystifying the Absence of the African Ancestress
by Vivian Hunter-Hindrew
Martinez, GA: Mami Wata Healers Society of North America, Inc.: (2007)
Page 37

"...Overtime, the Amazons were eventually defeated world-wide, and erased from the annals of world history, or relegated to "Greek Mythology," their African identify and great history concealed. However, centuries later, in a daring act by West African Dahomean, King Agadja (1708-1732), a garrison of the Amazons were restored. An unprecedented move in which they served a patriarchal ruler rather than their queen mothers.

The entire history of the black Amazons and the immense role they played in developing African spiritual history, culture and military expansion throughout the ancient world is beyond the scope of this book, and could easily take volumes. Their story is yet to be completely told..."

Now this is interesting, because I'm thinking, why would he 'restore' them as if to restore them 'under him' or 'as they were in history'. Something seems missing from this restoration of Amazons. I'm not getting it yet. This article says;

"a daring act by West African Dahomean, King Agadja (1708-1732), a garrison of the Amazons were restored."

I'm trying to figure out what his purpose was for using females in this way. Was it a form of captivity, or was he inspired due to counsel from his mother, or who? Right now, I am trying to find a basis from which to draw upon for past and present. I'm still gathering information. Thank you for posting.

Yes especially Libya...Penthesilea was a Amazon Queen from Libya. They were everywhere.

The Dahomey Warriors were "not" the originals. They were the 'restored' group.

You might want to research the fact that there were several Candaces who ruled Ethiopia on of which stopped Alexander the Greek right in his tracks at the 16th cataract from invading Ethiopia in "The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Dr. Chancellor Williams.

Thank you.

the term 'Amazon', was it used in North Africa, Libya too? I know this term was used in ancient lands like Syria, and of course in South America.

And the women in Dahomey [Benin] so far as I'm reading, weren't known for being tall, of which I thought the term was partially encompassing, so I'm wondering why they 'the Mino' are also referred to as Amazons.

I comprehend that you are talking about another time span. Still, this information makes me wonder about the whole scope of women in military and its origins from a matrilineal and patrilineal perspective. This one in Benin seems like it could have had both issues but just became later dominated by men, and I'm wondering if that was the same issue that went on many, many, thousands of years ago as well. i don't know, still reading and gathering thoughts and information right now.

Libyan Amazonian Queen - Penthesilea (eg. They protected shrines and temples of the GODDESS)
Penthesilea%201.jpg
e

Page 34
The Sibyls
Vivian Hunter-Hindrew, M.Ed.
Mami Wata Healers Society of North America, Inc: Martinez, GA (2007)'

"...Libyan Amazon Queen Penthesilea, who led her army of warriors against the Greeks during the Trojan war. She was eventually killed by Achilles, who allegedly found her beauty so irresistible, that he sexually seduced her dead body...

...The Amazons were known under many names, i.e. Azones, Alazones, Syrl, Assyril, Chaldei, Mauri, Chalybe etc. They were the original 'shock-troops" fighting in defense of the ancient temples, and kingdoms of the black matriarchs (mother-right) which dominated the ancient world. It was the black Amazons who were the first to domesticate and to ride chariots and horses when the Greeks did not..."...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question here, about the timing. I might have my timin confused right off hand though. But the Trojan War that encompassed the legendary name and stories that revolve around 'Achilles' was so late in time like around the 1300s BC but was recanted like some 400 years later by the mysterious character Homer around the 800s BC. However there was an earlier Trojan War story too. But the name of Achilles link to this matriarchal story here in North Africa, seems off.

I remember that there were very early stories about the goddess of the cross bow and arrow linked to Neith-o-cross, that went way back in time to pre-flood times, And I believe that the later White Greeks corrupted these early stories and renamed their goddesses like Athena and etc. after this early time period due to 'Black' women linked to this name 'Neith'.

Yes especially Libya...Penthesilea was a Amazon Queen from Libya. They were everywhere.

The Dahomey Warriors were "not" the originals. They were the 'restored' group.

You might want to research the fact that there were several Candaces who ruled Ethiopia on of which stopped Alexander the Greek right in his tracks at the 16th cataract from invading Ethiopia in "The Destruction of Black Civilization" by Dr. Chancellor Williams.

okay. thanks. I'm a little familiar with the Candaces and how Alexander went into Africa.

Am not quite sure about the 'why' yet I am sure about the 'what'. This was the second wave of restoration by under a patriarchal system.

The first wave was established under the first system which was matriarchal.

Now this is interesting, because I'm thinking, why would he 'restore' them as if to restore them 'under him' or 'as they were in history'. Something seems missing from this restoration of Amazons. I'm not getting it yet. This article says;

Very much so, because the Dahomey Warriors were not original. What is missing is the essence of the GODDESS under the FIRST matriarchal system.

"a daring act by West African Dahomean, King Agadja (1708-1732), a garrison of the Amazons were restored."

I'm trying to figure out what his purpose was for using females in this way. Was it a form of captivity, or was he inspired due to counsel from his mother, or who? Right now, I am trying to find a basis from which to draw upon for past and present. I'm still gathering information. Thank you for posting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back