Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Seaweed and Hair Growth

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Has anyone heard of using seaweed products for hair growth? I was given this natural seaweed powder from my physical therapist. And it was given to me for the inflammation in my back, it also reduces eczema.
Anyways, I was wondering if this could also benefit natural hair. It is natural and it contain omega-3 and 6.

Benefits of Seaweed

According to "Nutrition Reviews," seaweeds have higher levels of minerals such as calcium than terrestrial vegetation and contain essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6. Many seaweeds get direct sunlight, making them rich in antioxidants; vitamins A, B, C and E, and protective pigments. In addtion, some seaweeds, such as nori, are high in protein, while brown seaweeds contain chlorophyll for photosynthesis. Iodine, iron, phosphorous, potassium, manganese, porphyran, copper, and zinc are also found in seaweeds. Jacqueline Renfrow, author of "Health Solutions From the Sea," notes that the alginates in seaweeds have detoxifying agents that can help to eliminate toxins and heavy metals.

Read more:http://www.livestrong.com/article/279409-about-seaweed-and-hair-growth/#ixzz2Fk6n5JR5

So I was seeing if anyone knows more about this....Because I'm gonna go ahead and research this for myself by applying it to my hair with deep conditioner for 15 minutes under a dryer and then washing it out.

NO, i've never heard of seaweed for hair growth, but it does have alot of good stuff in it. I would guess my main concern would be whether in can retain moisture in my hair. I know the anti-oxidents may be great to use in homemade products to preserve the life of your products.

Do keep us posted on how it works out for you. Oh yeah, and if it turns out to be great, you may want to look into developing your own product for sale. So don't tell us all ur secrets if it turn out for the better.

:heart:

Here are some other facts that I've found so far on the benefits on Seaweed/Kelp for hair and scalp.
-Biotin the supplement that helps to strengthen hair is found in Nori Seaweed.
-Seaweed feeds the shafts and the ducts of the scalp to help improve health of the hair.
-It also promotes circulation which is also beneficial for the scalp, as it promotes hair growth.

NO, i've never heard of seaweed for hair growth, but it does have alot of good stuff in it. I would guess my main concern would be whether in can retain moisture in my hair. I know the anti-oxidents may be great to use in homemade products to preserve the life of your products.

Do keep us posted on how it works out for you. Oh yeah, and if it turns out to be great, you may want to look into developing your own product for sale. So don't tell us all ur secrets if it turn out for the better.

:heart:

So far about it retaining moisture...I've read that seaweed is in most facial mask products to help retain moisture in the skin.
So I'm going to guess it should for the hair...but I will try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes :)
And it also aids in brittle fingernails and hair.
Also found this bit of info...

Seaweed enzymes may help heal dandruff, stimulate hair follicles to make hair grow, and infuse hair with moisture and shine.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-seaweed-shampoo.htm[/QUOTE]

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back