Black People : Seattle Cop Punches Teen

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Jun 15, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447

A Seattle police officer hits a teenager during an altercation over jaywalking.

So as I watched this video (00:30) to me it looked like the cop had to think about it before he actually swung at this girl.

:10500:

They (some cop analyst and SPD) are saying he did everything right. And all this cop has to do is "take a few days of training"...

Arrest folks for jaywalking?

And when the reporter says that neither girl was hurt, another news anchor on another channel said that the girl was in court with a swollen black eye.

2. lutherbarack

lutherbarack Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    It does seem like he thought about it for a moment and came up with something along the lines of "oh yea i forgot i was a cop"....and i guess thats when he said forget this standard procedure bull

3. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Those guys standing around shoulda even offered help to the cop or if he jumped an attitude with them, beat his a blank blank but its a shame when a black female gets wacked n the face and black men stand around like wow. just plain pathetic if you ask me but this is what you get after 40 yrs of gay rights and single momz, punks, sissies, and lesser men

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace

smh @ the fellas just standing around in the backround more interested in filming to show their friends later and get their Youtube on, than helping the 2 sisters out who were willing to fight the punk @ss cop for what they knew was wrong!

Also, since when is it ok for a male cop to physically handle a female anyway? Isn't a female officer supposed to be called to the scene? This cop was all over this sister even slamming her on the hood, putting her in a semi-choke hold, almost breaking her arm not even thinking about calling for back up....and never once reached for his cuffs

Could this overseer have had other intentions in mind before the crowd started to swell....?

Also, notice the slim white lady in the backround on the right after the cop punches the sister. She does not even blink, as if this is nothing new! She, rather is watching the onlookers probably waiting to see which one was going to charge at the cop first.

5. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    I think it sucks..mainly because he could have had an alternative way in dealing with her! First she should not have provoked him and stepped in the way...even if it was arresting her friend from jaywalking. (didn't know they arrested, if anything a citation or maybe a ticket?) Though, pusing a cop for any reason is not a good idea.

I think even when she did push him he could of arrested her and then cited her for something...it's too bad it had to go down like that. The cop probably thought noone was going to video tap it...he probably would have done "by the book" instead!

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    It appears that the cop pulled up on the sidewalk which probably scared the hell out of the 2 sisters initially....It doesn't even look like he asked either one for ID, seeing as they had nothing in their hands! Probably just hopped out and started to physically try to restrain the first sister which caused the other to try to come to her rescue!

-
    So the 2 sisters were wrong in your view and they provoked the cop to punch one of them in the face and manhandle the other and trying to forceably throw her into the car with no handcuff's on.....?

I don't understand.....

- then how can you blame the sisters for reacting the way they did. If you and i didn't know they arrested people for jaywalking, isn't it possible these 2 sisters didn't know either, thus their reaction to being manhandled in the process....

7. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    No, I feel like regardless of his actions they should have not put their hands on the police officer. I mean even though his actions were stupid and should have cost him his job, it exculated because of them pushing him. They are also held accountable for there actions as well.

So from what I saw not viewing it from the first play by play she was going to get arrested for jaywalking. Her friend got into the mix and pushed the cop...in return the cop punched her and slammed her on the car to make the arrest because she initially assaulted the cop. Am I saying that he was not in the wrong for punching her NO, I am however saying that she should of stayed out of it and even if arresting her friend for jaywalking was out of line let pushing and physically getting involved would do what make it better? No it would have and did make it worse.

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    :jawdrop: :SuN024:

9. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    It's all about NWO. Once you control a person's mind then everything else is easy..that is why i do not watch television and have not owned done for 3 years...Experiencing London transport on Friday and Sat nights will open your eyes as to how far the apathy and brainwashing as gone. People are beaten, stabbed, harassed as other passengers seat comfortably in their seats.. not batting an eye, and not even initiating the emergency call button.

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    just sad , they think they can do whatever.....