Black People : Seattle: 12 yr. old killed for being young and black

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Prosecutor: 12-year-old killed for being young and black
    Boy 'targeted because of what he looked like and what neighborhood he was walking in,' sheriff says

By LEVI PULKKINEN
    SEATTLEPI.COM STAFF

It should have been a good day Alajawan Brown.

Twelve-years old and big for his age, Brown was so excited to play football. Money was the problem, a problem the 12-year-old had solved with sweat.

He cut grass around his Skyway neighborhood to pay the registration fee his parents, though both employed, couldn't quite cover. He picked up his brother's chores around the house to get enough together to buy the cleats, a sale pair he'd found at Wal-Mart.

April 29 was the day he bought those shoes. It should have been a good day for the boy.

Instead it was his last.

Brown was shot to death a block from his home in the Cedar Village Apartments, at 6240 S. 129th St. The alleged gunman didn't know him; in a perverse twist on the usual use of stereotypes, prosecutors claim the shooter looked at the boy and saw a gangster like himself, killed him for being young and black and too close to the scene of a shooting.

In a naked attempt to draw attention to a child killing that may have been missed, in part, because of the assumptions made when a children who look like Brown are gunned down, King County Sheriff Sue Rahr joined Prosecutor Dan Satterberg in announcing charges against Brown's alleged killer, a 35-year-old repeat felon named Curtis John Walker.

"It's easy to get complacent. It's easy to say this is just another case of gang violence," Rahr said.

"This wasn't a stray bullet," Rahr continued. "He was targeted because of what he looked like and what neighborhood he was walking in."

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/421962_brown18.html

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    I hope no one says something along the lines of "what's new"

This is a sad story and yes it has happened quite to often. What is really sad is that I know the person's aunt of this little boy.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    A real sad cowardly act on a child , Seattle becoming a true hate state against blacks

4. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    What do you mean RICH, are you thinking that the shooter, Curtis John Walker, is White?

5. e-forty

e-forty Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    curtis john walker needs to be castrated and i hope he burns in the hottest place in hell!

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    what do you mean "becoming"??

the i-5 corridor through western washington has been termed the "hate crime capital of the world".

do y'all remember that compound over in idaho, right across the border from spokane wa?

folks up in lynden be making bombs and such in their back yards all the time.

there ain't no "becoming", fam; that's the plain and simple truth, ruth!

i stay because there is still plenty forest and mountains that i can escape into. it's still quite pretty once one is away from the danged people .. if that word still fits ... i like the freshness that the rain brings ... and we do NOT get those monsoons like y'all get back east. nor is the snow anywhere near as bad. summers are even milder; in fact, we just hit our first 75 degree day of the year!! (but it's gonna be cloudy and a bit cooler for most of the week.)

god and mother nature done created some beautiful landscape up here. i guess it's just because they both like Balance that the people are more animalistic than the animals! lol

(and there you go again; trying to play us like we just blind reverse racists - black on black hate does exist ya kno... oh, wait; i'm talking to full speed - guess he knows that all too w... well, maybe he doesn't realize how his stance looks?)