Black Poetry : Seasons

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by CindyC, Apr 4, 2015.

  1. CindyC

    CindyC Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    15
    Occupation:
    Head Start Home Base Educator
    Location:
    S Cali
    Ratings:
    +20
    Seasons
    I am seasons, some changing slow
    Sometimes overnight unexpectedly
    Rainy seasons, Summer and Fall
    And Winter in my soul

    The day will bring whatever season to be
    But lately, I have been in Spring
    Beginning to thaw after winter
    I find myself blooming to new ideas

    That I was granted the opportunity of you
    Has brought in the best of me
    The timid sprout peering out
    A new day to see

    I am refreshed, anew with delight
    I am drawn to the sunrise of you
    Your laughter and musical ways
    Color brightly my Spring days

    Springing into Summer
    Full bloom, laughing, acting
    Like kids again
    Chasing in the Summer sun

    Should Fall come at the end
    Color fading from sight
    I will still have memory of the Spring
    Of you forever in my heart

    Because you brought me possibility
    Enlarging my spirit, healing my soul
    Gave light into the darkness
    Where winter used to dwell

    Friend, a song you taught me to sing
    Too beautiful to forget the tune
    Dancing about in my head
    The melody of forever Spring
     
  2. $$RICH$$

    $$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2001
    Messages:
    69,983
    Likes Received:
    3,977
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    BUSINESS owner
    Location:
    Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    truly four seasons as one stand out spring fresh .....yes !
     
  3. baller

    baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    Canada
    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2001
    Messages:
    3,759
    Likes Received:
    673
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    the near north
    Ratings:
    +836
    "...blooming to new ideas... ...(in) the opportunity of you."

    let us all welcome spring into being. with morning's snowfall, i'm still trying to rid myself of winter's remnants.
     
  4. CindyC

    CindyC Well-Known Member MEMBER

    Country:
    United States
    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2008
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    15
    Occupation:
    Head Start Home Base Educator
    Location:
    S Cali
    Ratings:
    +20
    Baller, have you dug out yet? One of the best things I ever learned..."life is 10%, the other 90% is attitude"! I have had trouble remembering this at times but it always rings true. Spring is ever in heart and mind, therefore! Too much snow...make snowcones? Lol.
     
Loading...