Black People : Sean Bell, OK, but is'nt a Black man's life worth More then 7 million?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Let's see , Bloomberg gets 3 billion in bailout money leaveing about half a billion at present,
    so that means they can

give out how much in blood money to pay for genocide, while the Terrorists go free???????????

NYC Settles Sean Bell Civil Suit for $7 Million

Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 5:24 am
    By: Associated Press

Nicole Paultre-Bell, Sean Bell's fiance at the time of his death, is shown speaking in new York. (AP)
    NEW YORK (AP) — The city of New York has agreed to pay more than $7 million to settle a civil lawsuit stemming from the fatal 50-bullet police shooting of an unarmed man on his wedding day.

The settlement filed in Brooklyn federal court on Tuesday pays $3.25 million to the estate of Sean Bell, who was killed in 2006 outside a strip club in Queens while leaving his bachelor party. As part of the settlement, the city agreed to pay $3 million to Joseph Guzman and $900,000 to Trent Benefield, both of whom were wounded in the shooting that killed their friend.

The lawsuit had accused the city of wrongful death, negligence, assault and civil rights violations.

"We hope that all parties can find some measure of closure by this settlement," the city's attorney, Michael A. Cardozo, said in a statement.

An attorney for the plaintiffs, Scott Rynecki, said the settlement was hard-fought over two days and that the plaintiffs felt it was the best outcome possible.

"I think it was all about closure at this point," Rynecki told The Associated Press in a phone interview.

Three police officers were acquitted of manslaughter and other charges in 2008. Federal authorities in February declined to bring civil rights charges against them.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/moving_america_news/20588

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    There's no price to a life.................It will never be right or ok.

3. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +339
    Knowing New York, I'm shocked that they got that.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Knowing NYC

Folks united, got over their differences, and made sure they got that

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

True indeed, as we knew what the verdict would be in the criminal trial for the oversee'rs trials, especially when 2 of our so-called leaders came on the scene to "help" the family. As you see, they were there mainly for the civil side of this situation as always and to do damage control.

It was heated and tense as always in NYC and i attended the march which was so tense between us and the police a riot could have broke out at any minute. Some police were scared to death as you looked in their eyes yelling and chanting, but some were smiling and mocking us on the low which only intensified the situation even more...

They had multiple helicopters overhead along the march route and there were barricades which the police stood behind and there was at least 1 or 2 cops for every one of us!! I'm also quite sure they had tanks somewhere in the vacinity.....

You actually would have thought there were 2 different marches going on as the NAACP wanted nothing to do with us as they marched singing (can u belive this ish....) "We shall overcome" wearing yellow rain jackets on a bright and sunny day that said NAACP on the backwalking in 2 by 2 formation about 10 feet away from us, just in case something went down, they would be taken to safety by the police. And some want to question my stance on Jesse and Sharpton...please

As my friends father once said in his country accent slang during a riot we had in my neighborhood when i was in high school when asked by a reporter: "YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE SOMEWHERE IN THE SOUFF"

As you said though, they had no intentions on paying anything to the family. I'm happy they got some sort of justice, but monetary gain for the loss of a loved one is no justice at all! Especially, the way they executed this brother!

peace

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    if just marching could get 7 mil, then here oin NYC we would be billionaires

As stated it was a combined effort
    in unity, not hate or Wilie Lynch attitudes

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Were you there Ankhur??

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

BUMP............

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    If one is a going through male moenopause or

are a police officer? or FBI

becuase the number of divisive and negative posts
    Hating Black folks cause of Christian or Muslim
    dragging on old grudges and issues
    and just a general negative attitude

say one thing!

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    IL
    I asked a simple yes or no question, don't get mad at me because your phony and not about any action other than talking and trying to fool people into thinking youre some kind of revolutionary .....

As i said before, u speak about these issues in ny from a far distance, so of course U WERE NOT THERE.....

So how can u tell anyone here what was going On at that time when u were not in th trenches with us? Because u read an article, or heard something on wbai or on the newzzz?

You really need to stop frontin'.....and tryin' to pimp our peoples along with this slain brothers name so u can try and get some type of props on a website is a da mn shame.......

I mean sooner or later u had to know someone from ny would end up seeing your act and call u out...
    :10500: