Amun-Ra : Screw Baseball!

Discussion in 'Amun-Ra' started by Amun-Ra, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Amun-Ra

Amun-Ra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    It is far past time for the American public to end its tumultuous love affair with big time baseball. Throw the bums out! Too many times in the past 20 years Major League Baseball has played the damsel in distress, whining and moaning about their tiny salaries and poor working conditions while ownership has moaned and whined about how they are forced to pay outrageous salaries and benefits to remain competitive. Meanwhile, the fans have watched the owners and players get the gold mine while the fans get the shaft with higher prices.

I love baseball. I played it as a kid and even played semi-pro ball into my 20’s, but it the game isn’t worth the constant bickering between millionaires. Let’s send them all to the showers.
    Okay, I feel for all the people who make peripheral livings from baseball like the park vendors, restaurants around the ballpark, hotels and even some countries who supply a large amount of baseball players to the big leagues and depend upon their locals heroes coming home to spend their money. Nevertheless, it is time to show that fans have some backbone also. Let’s go on strike permanently! Even if they settle this upcoming strike—don’t go to the ballpark and that means no sneaking a look on television. No baseball. PERIOD!

Would this harm baseball? Of course it would and it would also harm all of those who are in bed with big league baseball including the fans. Television revenues would drop off as no one would be watching. Municipalities blackmailed into building bigger and better parks would also be big looser which means we the tax payers would be losers. Nevertheless, it is time to tell these pop-up pimps that “we don’t care for any.” The last time I checked, baseball was not a necessity for living. For families who love the game, they could save anywhere from $100 to $300 on family outings.

Americans must break their addiction to big time sports or forever be the willing dupes of a business that no longer cares about its customers—its fans. It is an addiction because no matter how bad Major League Baseball treats us with tie ball games, strikes and shortened seasons—we always go back. Just once—we need to break our addiction and let baseball know we can live without them. As much as I like the sound of leather on ash and the pop of a fast-ball whacked catcher’s mitt—I can forgo baseball. Besides basketball season runs until nearly July and football starts about August meaning that I can fill the remaining time with WNBA games, Little League Baseball and the WWF.

Screw baseball!

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i feel ya Ra.... i can sit back and wait on basketball
    or catch a few games in football
    all this stuff around baseball is crazy
    anyway i care less to da game
    i won't miss it !!

3. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Tech Support for an ISP
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm just glad it's football season.

I'm new by the way. What's up.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    what's up solo indeed i'm too glad baseball is at it's end
    and da hard hittin' football has started

5. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Welcome to the da page!

Yes--the pigskin is poppin', the leather is pullin' and Monday Night Football is back--screw baseball--Amun-Ra:cool:

6. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    "screw baseball" is a quote for 'Barbershop'

7. Amun-Ra

Sales Management
    Ratings:
    +14
    Good!

Don't remember it, but I wrote this before the movie was released--I don't think its original--as I recall it was said back in the great Black Sox scandals in Chicago--but it's a good line--Amun-Ra

;)