Black People : Screen US for Mental Illness

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kannte, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    "The president's commission found that "despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go undiagnosed" and recommended comprehensive mental health screening for "consumers of all ages," including preschool children.

Olanzapine (trade name Zyprexa), one of the atypical antipsychotic drugs recommended as a first line drug in the Texas algorithm, grossed $4.28bn (£2.35bn; 3.56bn) worldwide in 2003 and is Eli Lilly's top selling drug. A 2003 New York Times article by Gardiner Harris reported that 70% of olanzapine sales are paid for by government agencies, such as Medicare and Medicaid.

Eli Lilly, manufacturer of olanzapine, has multiple ties to the Bush administration. George Bush Sr was a member of Lilly's board of directors and Bush Jr appointed Lilly's chief executive officer, Sidney Taurel, to a seat on the Homeland Security Council. Lilly made $1.6m in political contributions in 2000—82% of which went to Bush and the Republican Party."

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/328/7454/1458

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Woah! This is very disturbing! Do you realize how many poor children are being diagnosed with ADD because of their active mind that won't allow them to keep still in school while the teachers bore them to death with text book knowledge as opposed to hands on experiences.

I see the children who are given these drugs as an aternative for their behaviors. Although they are sitting still in class, you should see how these children look. The have the appearance of being all druged out with their eyes and mind drifting aloofed.

I do believe that some children do need these drugs but the growing rate of our children on medication surly is proof that something deceitful is going on.

It saddens me to read this! While we still continue to send our children to these schools because we don't have enough money or many options arent available as far as education is concern. And if they are not involved in some type of education curricular approved by the government our children will be placed in the system for alleged child abuse.

The rich who governs america keeps getting richer off the blood and sweat of our children while killing their spirit to achieve higher enlightments. We are in trouble. Our future (The Children) is slowly being stolen from under us.

The saddest thing about all this is, most of us aren't even aware of the deceit that appears in the form of equal opportunity is the very disguise that is harboring us and taking our focus off the children while we strive to go after the american dream.

Thank you Kannte for elevating the truth! Hopefully this will gear our focus on our children more and on the many ways they deceive us with their trickery to retrieve capital gain from our woes.

3. Kannte

Kannte Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank You PurpleMoons

Thank you, PurpleMoons, for being awake and aware. Ah if only we all were as awake and aware as you, what we could do . . .

4. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I would hope that we would come together as teachers for our children. A network of homeschooling where we can teach our children our history, Astrology, agricuture, geomtry, science, engineering, and ect.

Have you notice that the basic math that they teach our children is practically the same math throughout grade school up until jr. high. It really does'nt change until highschool. It still is basically the same thing up until 11th and 12th grade. The methods may be altered but it's the same basic concept.

Yes, I hope that we would form our own schooling for our children. Although it seems that we can't come together to build enough schools for them and lets not forget the government will have all their restrictions hanging over our heads. But at least with homeschooling, we have the opportunity to teach them the things they wont learn in school.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I REFER ALL READERS OF THIS TO MY COLUMNIST WRITE UP ENTITLED: OPERATION BABY KILL

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Ignorance and lack of questioning is the rule of the day in these streets

PurpleMoons the parents have all the authority and say so about thier children taking or not taking these narcotics and refuse and don't know how to do more reseach and ask a number of questions about alternatives.

They ( the parents ) have fallen victum too into the narcotic numbeness like many others, and gone with the thinking that a pill pushed by the Food and Drug ( narcotics ) Admistration is an answer to fix all and a cure all.
    We now have a pill for weight. A pill for depression, and ADD. A pill to make you smart. Make you eat, not eat.

Have you noticed about five to ten tyears after they push all these wonder drugs. They have to confess death and more harm was caused and will be suffered upon those who participated. Another thing is this fake asthma plot going around, placing small children on inhalers. Let me tell you a true to my heart experience and story about that lie.

My daughter was diagnosed with asthma. When she turned two. She couldn't breath and had shortnes of breath. Not really bad, but enoug that the inhalers gave her some relief. It was sad seeing my little girl. Trying so hard to take the ( A ) medicine first, then the ( B ) medicine after. Then she could breath.

I kept on the doctors asking " do you really believe she has asthma? " I kept saying she is congested, but to me if you give her some good medicine to break up what I hear in her chest, I believe she would be better.

My wife opposed me and she fell into the doctor is right, and he knows what he is doing line of misinformed. I'm one to search out and question why you feel so strongly one way or another. I am dangerous in speech, but my writing ( something I have never taken or done so much of until I joined this forum ) I am honing by participating here with you all on Destee.

Anyway, I developed a cough and a shortness of breath myself some time well into her treatments. I went to the doctor and he told me I had asthma. I said. Give me something for this cough. This congestion and then tell me that. He gave me, some powerful stuff. They gave me the generic, or the reduced version. HYROCODONE W/HOMATROPINE SYRUP ( FOR: HYDRODAN )

THIS STUFF IS POWERFUL. It has Codine, and this stuff cleared me up in one taking. I was stoned beyond belief.. for one day. I think my wife drank the rest, or I poured it all down myself not knowing I was taking this stuff. But I found a empty bottle in my refrigerator. Somebody in my house was stoned out of their minds.

But shortly after being prescribed to me. My daughter woke up one night at 3 AM, and couldn't breath. Instead of the A,B medicine, I told my wife I had enough. I was going to try what I felt was right. I took my daughther with me to the kitchen. Took out this bottle of powerful stuff, and placed less than a quarter full onto the tip of a teaspoon. I then watered that down to make a whole teaspoon full of elixer.

I gave it to her. Immediately I saw she was getting nervous and hyper. It scared me, because i knew the medicine was doing that to her. I then told my wife I was going to watch her for the next two hours and see how she did. I took to our TV room and gave her toys and blocks and played and talked with her for two hours. Watching how she responded and acted. I was prepared to rush her to the hospital and confess I gave her Codine based narcotics. At five AM she was getting sleepy and seemed fine. I place her to bed. This was nine years ago. We still have unused bottles of (A) ( B ) medicine and that inhaler she strapped to her face that thing that completely covered my babys face is HISTORY.

Oh the doctors on all her visits are stil scratching their heads. They say.. we don't know what happened but she has no asthma. I don't tell unless I'm asked. Then you can have the truth.

I'm shaking my head! Shame on ignorance where ever it's allowed to lay and fester.

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I don't know why we put so much faith in these doctors. Perhaps we are blinded by the certified documents that says these people are qualified.

We are very intelligent people, most of the times we already know what be wrong with us before going to the Doctor office. We just go to confirm what we already knew and to get a little medicine prescribed.

Your experience is a pure example of our GOD given gift. You already knew what was going on with your daughter, You felt it. But allowed this DR. to exercise his study because after all, he is the DR.

You are so right about us parents Hodee! We always seem to doubt our on intelligence. Why is that? I know we don't no everything, but their are those moments when we feel and know that we are right.

Dr. Hodee, your diagnosis was on the money!

8. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I took my daughter to the hospital when she was about 1 or 2 years old, she had a bad cold and a high fever, the only reason I took her was because she start shaking. Once they broke the fever, they also (like with Hodee) told us that she suffered from asthma, I said :nono: oh no she don''t...well the bottom line is, they gave me a asthma kit. She'll be 9 years old in august and I haven't opened the kit as of yet. Because I know she didn't have it. There's a lot to say about doctors. Do let me highlight this: The very first doctor we/our ancestors had/have is ...in the ground. Another thing the dortors will never tell us is that every so often (forgot the exact times but I can find out) the body heals itself. There's so much that we are in the dark about.

9. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Totally agree. The Allopathic Medicine industry makes a KILLING (no pun intended) off of keeping you sick so you can run to them to "feel better". IT'S A BUSINESS, in short. The hospital has revolving doors, if you know what I mean. You have to pay your doctor all this money, just so he/she can feel secure about all the money and years he/she spent on their education. Don't even pull the insurance factor in to this...