Science and Technology : Scientists finally have a decent guess as to why Earth exists

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, May 14, 2017.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +13,132
    In the Spirit of Science ... decent guess? :facepalm:

Scientists finally have a decent guess as to why Earth exists

... A new idea, introduced by Alexander Hubbard, a Ph.D. in Astronomy who now works with the American Museum of Natural History, turns to the sun for an explanation. Hubbard has proposed that the sun went through a period of intense volatility in which essentially roasted much of the material in its immediate vicinity, stretching as far as Mars. The softened materials would have been the right consistency to bunch up and form planets, and would explain why the rocky worlds of Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars sprung up ...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/scientists-finally-decent-guess-why-earth-exists-160014149.html

Scientists finally have a decent guess as to why Earth exists

Earth is a pretty nifty place. I mean, I've spent my entire life here and I'm guessing you have, too, and there's plenty to see and do, but why is it here at all? For a long time, researchers have tried to answer that question with varying...
    yahoo.com

[​IMG]
    Earth is a pretty nifty place

#decentguess

[​IMG]
    Mike Wehner
    BGR NewsMay 13, 2017

Last edited: May 19, 2017