Black History Culture : Science Is The Key To Liberation.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by decipherx1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    Many times I have watched Black people sit around having discussions on Black liberation, or I have joined groups w/ the same theory in mind;
    but, rarely does anyone address the need of Scientific advancement, to uplift African/African American culture. Unless we discuss Scientific advancement we will be behind the rest of the world in progressiveness into the future. Now, many of us LOVE buying new gadgets dealing w/ technology; but, how many of us REALLY devise a plan by teaching young people the value of science instead of Sports and Entertainment to make a mark,- not just in African History, but in World history? Look at the Japanese, when America dropped 2 bombs on them, they didn't drop 2 bombs back, but they MASTERED the science of whom they considered their enemy to be, and are now one of the most powerful nations on earth when it comes to producing New Scientific thought and Technology... John Hendrick Clarke said this, not me. In the past our History shows we were the originators of many things that we now take for granted of starting Civilization, but after integration we feel asleep at the wheel; and its surprising to find out in my research that, we invented more things in the 1800's than we are doing now. So we must ask ourselves: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
    Listen, I'll take One brother that can bust an atom any day than 100 brothers that can bust a gat, -because any FOOL can do that,
    but that brother that can bust that atom can teach other brothers and sisters to do it IF your really talking about power. Yeah, Mao Tse Tung might have said:
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
    But he made sure he had some Nuclear warheads later on against his enemies, did he not?
    W/O Science we will never reach the goals we are striving for.
    Where would we be w/o these things our Ancestors produced?
    Think about!

http://theafrocentricexperience.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82:ancient-

http://theafrocentricexperience.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:black-

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    You know the saying....necessity is the mother of invention. Our ancestors were producing things they had need for as slaves and servants. Collectively, they were far more skilled than we are now and had far more knowledge of what they were naturally gifted at, although they weren't using it for our benefit. We need to look deeper at another saying....Know thyself. Understanding who we are as individuals and collectively and honing those crafts and skills will be a major step to resolve this issue.

3. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379

Yes sister you are correct WE must "know thyself"-as Imhotep once said; BUT, many of us are still mentally enslaved, and the only diffrence is the chains are on our brains now, than on our bodies, which in a way is far worse because MANY of us don't even realize that they are there. I don't know if you saw the link on Afrcan inventions, But, ALL those inventions were for our benifit, other cultures just came and stole the ideas and made themsleves the Father of them, peace.