Black Spirituality Religion : Science and Faith

karmashines

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2005
Does science enrich one's spiritual/religious experience as one realizes HOW God manages His/Her beautiful and complex creation, or does it cause less reliance on the Divine? How does one deal with scientific evidence that goes against whatever doctrine or dogma they may practice? All religious and spiritual perspectives are welcome to respond.

karmashines said:
Does science enrich one's spiritual/religious experience as one realizes HOW God manages His/Her beautiful and complex creation, or does it cause less reliance on the Divine? How does one deal with scientific evidence that goes against whatever doctrine or dogma they may practice? All religious and spiritual perspectives are welcome to respond.

Good question,

Science and Mathematics don't necessarily enrich my spiritual experience, I would say it tends to confirm the things I've discerned over the years

karmashines said:
Does science enrich one's spiritual/religious experience as one realizes HOW God manages His/Her beautiful and complex creation, or does it cause less reliance on the Divine?

A resounding YES. I've found that my spiritual journey is indeed enriched by the various aspects of science, both subtle and blatant.

We must remember, that the word SCIENCE:
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/science.html

[14th century. Via French < Latin scientia < scient-, present participle of scire "know, discern" < Indo-European, "cut"]

Simply means "TO KNOW". It has little to do with the complexities that we have attached to the term in today's modern world.

God is a God of Science, and thus all who strive to know God, are the ultimate Scientists.

How does one deal with scientific evidence that goes against whatever doctrine or dogma they may practice?

There are no contradictions. Knowledge ("science") does not contradict itself. It is only in the lack of this knowledge, that the contradiction is to be found.

The key in all of this is perception. Our perception is so very limited in this post-modern world, by our fears and prejudices of things that we do not understand.

Ancient Kemet, for example, was one of the most scientifically advanced society on the planet at the time, yet all their literature contained spiritual jargon, not scientific.

Thus, our ancestors understood the relationship between the "spiritual" and the "scientific"; in reality they were one and the same, as there was no distinction.

PEACE

I asked my biology teacher a couple of years ago what is science based off of and she said "it is based of the best guess that can be obtain during that given time frame or a an idea agreed on by very educated people". It was science that agreed the world was flat, man couldn't go faster than 45 miles per hour without going into shock, black people didn't possess the complexities to have mental illness, that Jews during the 20s and 30s were better basketball players due to how they evolved, the universe revolved around the earth, life existed on Mars, and oh so much more. You can't have science without faith or faith without science both are ever changing.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back